Sealevel Device

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I will search for 12v regulated. Just making sure I'm on the right track.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Any creative ideas for the Bosch non waterproof pir's outside? Was thinking of making a little roof like mount to keep them dry. Maybe a little silicone to keep them dry.

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
Any creative ideas for the Bosch non waterproof pir's outside? Was thinking of making a little roof like mount to keep them dry. Maybe a little silicone to keep them dry.
Is it gonna get rained on? I'd think silicone around where the wires go in would be fine, I'd it's under an eve I don't think you need to do anything.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I want to put them under the eave. Concerned about what coverage they will give with how low the back side is and the way the ground grades up and away from the house. Not sure if I will have the height.

spencnor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Would something like this be sufficient to run the mic and 2 pir's? I could then bypass the splitter and if the part goes bad would be in my laundry room computer area to swap out. Running a little wire will be cake work since the cat 6 cable is there.

TekPower TP1863 12 Amp DC 13.8V Regulated Power Supply with Fuse Protection | eBay
I wouldn't use that power supply it's way more than you need, to the point of being dangerous for this use. 2 PIRs and a powered microphone are going to consume < 0.3amps. Also 1.8v over voltage could be problematic.

I was suggesting some small 24VAC to 12VDC power supplies because I thought you said you were using the 24VAC power adapter that came with the PTZ. This makes it easy to power a few other things, the supplied 24VAC wall wart has plenty of headroom. Then you just run your wires for the motion detectors to the PTZ, connect the alarm inputs and install and connect the 24vac to 12vdc power supply.

As for using indoor motion sensors outside:
Sun, water, and spiders all have potential to cause problems.
Create a drip loop with the wire so water will drip off and not run into the detector, then caulk it well.
Protect it from sun/rain/snow as much as you can, I would try it under the eaves (don't staple the wire yet / or run the wire in the attic yet) because that's probably your best option. Test it and decide if the eaves will work or not, don't write that location off outright

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also if you use a 24vac to 12vdv supply and install it right at the camera in a junction box of some kind, you'll minimize your ground loop and reduce the chance of audio interference from the wiring.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I wouldn't use that power supply it's way more than you need, to the point of being dangerous for this use. 2 PIRs and a powered microphone are going to consume < 0.3amps. Also 1.8v over voltage could be problematic.

I was suggesting some small 24VAC to 12VDC power supplies because I thought you said you were using the 24VAC power adapter that came with the PTZ. This makes it easy to power a few other things, the supplied 24VAC wall wart has plenty of headroom. Then you just run your wires for the motion detectors to the PTZ, connect the alarm inputs and install and connect the 24vac to 12vdc power supply.

As for using indoor motion sensors outside:
Sun, water, and spiders all have potential to cause problems.
Create a drip loop with the wire so water will drip off and not run into the detector, then caulk it well.
Protect it from sun/rain/snow as much as you can, I would try it under the eaves (don't staple the wire yet / or run the wire in the attic yet) because that's probably your best option. Test it and decide if the eaves will work or not, don't write that location off outright
I wasn't set on that model. Just an idea of a wiring solution. I am planning on using the supplied power supply that came with the SD59 ptz. Being the camera will be on the corner, the pir's don't have to be that far hopefully to get the coverage I seek. My house isn't that large in the first place. I will stick with the PoE splitter for the microphone. That leaves getting power to 2 pir's.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I wasn't set on that model. Just an idea of a wiring solution. I am planning on using the supplied power supply that came with the SD59 ptz. Being the camera will be on the corner, the pir's don't have to be that far hopefully to get the coverage I seek. My house isn't that large in the first place. I will stick with the PoE splitter for the microphone. That leaves getting power to 2 pir's.
It's honestly simpler to leave a PoE splitter out of it. Just get something like this: Amazon.com: 24VAC To 12VDC Convertor For CCTV Security Camera Power Supply Adaptor: Home Audio & Theater
connect the supplied barrel jack (which would connect to the mic) and power wires for your motion detectors to the DC terminals (observing polatiry) and connect the 24VAC power supply and wires to the power the camera to the AC terminals. All of these connections and the power supply need to be somewhere protected from the weather. In addition to being easier and cheaper this setup is less likely to introduce audible noise on the mic.

Did you post any pics of your PTZ installation?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Waiting for the parts to come in. I'll think it over this evening and make a decision on any additional parts. Want to test things before installing so have time.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
So I would run the cameras 24v ac adapter to this adapter. I'd then run the camera, mic, and 2 pir's off of 1 adapter? Forgive me for my lack of knowledge. I'm learning slowly.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So I would run the cameras 24v ac adapter to this adapter. I'd then run the camera, mic, and 2 pir's off of 1 adapter? Forgive me for my lack of knowledge. I'm learning slowly.
Yes, but you'd run the 24VAC not the 12VDC into the ptz. It would all be powered off of the 24VAC wallwart inside your house.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I think I am picking up what you are saying. I'm still wiring directly from the included 24vac to the camera. I'll just split off from the 24vac to the 12vdc device you are recommending and power the mic and 2 pir's from there?

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help tangent. All worked and works. Some reason no triggers being reported on my time line. Ordered a Sealevel 120poe. Will post up when I get her up and running good.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help tangent. All worked and works. Some reason no triggers being reported on my time line. Ordered a Sealevel 120poe. Will post up when I get her up and running good.
I don't use blue iris so there's a limit to how helpful I can be on that front. There are some settings in blue iris related to using "DIO" or motion detection on camera in blue iris. This thread is about an indoor hikvision cube camera with a built in pir, but you get the idea: Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW PIR Settings

Consult the blue iris help file regarding these settings. Somebody like @bp2008, @Mike, or @fenderman could probably chime in definitively on if there's a way to get blue iris to recognize alarm signals from a Dahua camera with alarm io, I'm honestly not sure if it works right or not. I know you can't get blue iris to recognize on camera ivs rules without some external software and coding.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It triggers an alert from pss but not BI. Odd. Anyway, thanks again.

Hound Dog 911

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Sea Level device came in. So far BI hasn't found it. The .dll file is in the BI directory.