Security Guard Shoots Robbers Holding Up A 7 Eleven With A Fake Gun.. "Am I shot? Oh fck Yeah!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Generally same here in the Colonies. In most States, you can't use lethal force just to protect property, outside of your home of course.

Of course Texas is the exception... God I miss Texas ;)

SantiagoDraco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Could be done easily though with either a squib or someone off camera applying the blood whilst the guy with the "gun" is out of shot on the floor.

I agree that from a law enforcement POV, you shoot centre mass. As I said above though, in the UK we don't have that luxury. I once witnessed a guy with a screwdriver breaking into cars snatching stereos next to a clay pigeon shoot - ie read lots of guys with loaded shotguns. Not one person did anything to intervene. When I spoke to the shooters afterwards, they told me they were too scared to even threaten and detain the guy as they feared losing their licence and / or freedom if they did.
That scenario would result in the same behavior here as well, I'd guess. Remember that in the video above there were two suspects, both with guns, threatening the cashier. Deadly force was definitely warranted. In the car theft scenario if you shot a car thief who just had a screwdriver you'd likely end up in prison too :)

SantiagoDraco

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Generally same here in the Colonies. In most States, you can't use lethal force just to protect property, outside of your home of course.

Of course Texas is the exception... God I miss Texas ;)
I moved to California about 8 months ago to care for my father. Now that he's passed on I'll be moving back to Texas as soon as things are squared away here. Can't be soon enough :)

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whether real bullets or blanks are being shot the lower frame rate may/may not capture the flash.

Just so we know we're not totally getting duped on this video - is someone on record saying that they contacted the Hamilton Township, NJ police department (609) 581-4000 to confirm this incident did or did not happen? This township is a suburb of Trenton, NJ and there are two likely 7-Eleven locations 2582 Whitehorse Mercerville Rd and 2071 Whitehorse Mercerville Rd, Trenton, NJ 08619. Do we care if this attempted robbery actually happened? Because if it's fake/staged then we are all debating a cartoon.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Most convenient stores where I have been involved with, have audio recording at the counter where transactions are. It looks real and the security is probably carrying a 38 with a longer barrel. A revolver never jams and he got the job done weather these guys are dead or not. Probably a lot less legal crap for the security guard if they live.
By the way, revolvers can and do "jam".

cam235

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
You'd think a real incident like this would have some reliable local source willing to confirm it. So far, haven't seen one:

Nope, 'good guy with a gun' who opened up on robbers wasn't in NJ

"But Hamilton Police Lt. Michael Kelvy, after getting a number of inquiries about the incident, said he was told by 7-Eleven’s corporate office the robbery took place at a store in Compton, California. He did not offer any additional details about the video or why it was mislabeled as being in Hamilton.
[...] 7-Eleven has not returned multiple messages seeking comment."

PatPend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
..snip..Probably a lot less legal crap for the security guard if they live.
You'd be surprised. The estate of a dead thug justifiably killed in a robbery won't get much sympathy if they sue. Same thug crippled for life by a security guard's bullet, well, that's a whole 'nother story.

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
The guard shows zero evidence of any training, but he sure acts like it's not his first gunfight!
I agree you'd never ask them to get to their feet, especially when you're stood right next to them! Which brings the other point, you wouldn't stand right next to them! Whilst ever they are laid on the ground their movement is limited and their ability to grab you is restricted. Any body trained would stand back beyond any possible grab range and hold them still on the floor effectively immobilised until backup in the form of the police arrived. As for their weapons, you'd get them to kick them beyond reach. The last thing anyone trained would do is allow either a single or worse still multiple perps to their feet in grab and thus wrestling range of you. To do so is asking to get jumped, have your gun wrestled away and be shot and killed.

PaulOTron

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yep. He even puts his gun down while he hops the counter, not even knowing if they have their own weapons ready. If their guns weren't fake, he might be dead.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Lots of bad tactics shown by the Security Guard - could have easily gone bad, but in that moment, ATTITUDE, first shots on target, and pure bad-assery carried the day.