Security Notification- Buffer Overflow Vulnerability in Some Hikvision IP Cameras

schk

n3wb
Reaction score
I´ve just upgraded my Hikvision 2642 Cam. Now there is no live view and the upgrade option is disappeared in maintenance menu.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I´ve just upgraded my Hikvision 2642 Cam. Now there is no live view and the upgrade option is disappeared in maintenance menu.
why are you bothering upgrading? there is no risk unless you are port forwarding which is stupid even with the latest update...

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Definitely using IE11 with webcomponents installed?
Did you update webcomponents after the update?

schk

n3wb
Reaction score
I´m more concerned about the upgrade option which is not available any more. I´ve already uprade this cam (european version) serveral times.

schk

n3wb
Reaction score
After some hours of work I´ve eventually managed to resolve this issue: I couldn´t install any new webcomponents because of this live view failure. I tested it with various browsers, so it ended with installing Hikvision´s iVMS tool and I was happy to find this upgrade option there again. I could sucessfully downgrade the firmware to 5.5.5.