Sending events from camera to Blue Iris

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys. Can you point me to the post or wiki article on how to trigger Blue Iris using the camera’s built in events?

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve not seen that before… Is that a BI5? I haven’t done my upgrade conversion yet.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I used Pullpoint for getting motion events for the camera into BI. I no longer use this feature. So I can not remember all the settings, There are settings in the camera and settings in BI.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I’ve not seen that before… Is that a BI5? I haven’t done my upgrade conversion yet.
No this was available in BI4. You need to use find inspect to it pulls the onvif profile. Pull point will be in video>configure. In bi5 its called get onvif events. Spend the 30 bux. Bi5 is well worth it.

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@fenderman I spent the $30 last year... just haven’t had the time...still trying to get an i5 or i7 7th gen from Dell for only $250. Got one for my wife and very impressed with it. Been trolling the refurb site the last two weeks and missed it by a hair a couple of times.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@fenderman I spent the $30 last year... just haven’t had the time...still trying to get an i5 or i7 7th gen from Dell for only $250. Got one for my wife and very impressed with it. Been trolling the refurb site the last two weeks and missed it by a hair a couple of times.
If you are spending 250, might as well get 8th gen for a bit more. The 8th gen i5 is more powerful than a 7th gen i7.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks. I found online specs that elude to it, but would you know if it will natively hold a 2.5” and a 3.5” drive without having to get a another drive cage? I had a hard time finding one for my wife’s dell. I need up finding the cage and velcroing the 2.5” to the power supply.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks. I found online specs that elude to it, but would you know if it will natively hold a 2.5” and a 3.5” drive without having to get a another drive cage? I had a hard time finding one for my wife’s dell. I need up finding the cage and velcroing the 2.5” to the power supply.
it will hold 2x3.5 as well as an ssd. Edit, double check, the elitedesk does, I think the prodesk is the same.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No this was available in BI4. You need to use find inspect to it pulls the onvif profile. Pull point will be in video>configure. In bi5 its called get onvif events. Spend the 30 bux. Bi5 is well worth it.
Also note that under trigger tab you need to select cameras digital input or motion alarm.