Sentry Person and loitering recognition, Vehicle detection & identification, + Price increase

wonderman

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm a potential customer for this product, what I would like to know is if a BI/sentry subscription is capable of taking a PTZ camera with no autotracking and tracking humans with it by using the PTZ controls of the camera?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm a potential customer for this product, what I would like to know is if a BI/sentry subscription is capable of taking a PTZ camera with no autotracking and tracking humans with it by using the PTZ controls of the camera?
no. The delay in sending the image and returning it would makes it impossible. Even local autotracking is problematic due to the slight delay.

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
How do you explain this contradictory post? Sentry Server Error 400 with newest BI 5.1.0.3
It is a misleading post by itself. Agreed. The context of that conversation was features coming out in 2020-Q1 so I may have meant the statement in those terms, can't remember. We have already slipped the 2020-Q1 release as we all know from other posts and the May release will not have additional frames either.

Sorry for confusion.

-- Sam from Sentry

varghesesa

Sentry Rep.
Reaction score
It's an interesting use case but as Fenderman stated, it would only be a viable use case for an on-prem solution with much faster response times which we are not offering right now.

-- Sam from Sentry

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Looks like I know what I am talking about... maybe you should think twice before saying to people they know nothing.
You do know nothing. You failed to read post 65. I will repost it for you. Perhaps English is your second language.
" Even if sentry says that only one clip is sent you are still wrong. All I said was that nothing you posted evidences that only a single image has been sent. Yet you keep going in circles. "
You also failed to perform basic math as I noted before with respect to your other "expert" suggestion on using rekognition. How much would it cost you 20-50+ bux a month per camera?

VinAU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Man you are tripping, I am being polite here trying to explain it to you and you keep talking this nonsense. And then suggesting I can't read.

Think before you speak, I am not here to argue with you about the fact you think you know more than everyone else. I solve problems and you seem to be just arguing over them.

I have packet captures from my system, I have seen the requests. I have spoken to support several times about this I am waiting for them to tell me when they will change the approach. I have been hitting this with them for a while.

With the maths, you are again tripping. I have done the maths I know what it costs and I am going to pay for whatever works for me. I couldn't care less about the fact you think it will cost me 60 cents for 30 minutes. It will cost what it costs me to solve my problem. You should have yourself checked before you make such nonsense assumptions that you know what people are thinking.

Now, please stop harassing people that are having productive discussions. And go learn another language, it may actually open your mind a little.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Man you are tripping, I am being polite here trying to explain it to you and you keep talking this nonsense. And then suggesting I can't read.

Think before you speak, I am not here to argue with you about the fact you think you know more than everyone else. I solve problems and you seem to be just arguing over them.

I have packet captures from my system, I have seen the requests. I have spoken to support several times about this I am waiting for them to tell me when they will change the approach. I have been hitting this with them for a while.

With the maths, you are again tripping. I have done the maths I know what it costs and I am going to pay for whatever works for me. I couldn't care less about the fact you think it will cost me 60 cents for 30 minutes. It will cost what it costs me to solve my problem. You should have yourself checked before you make such nonsense assumptions that you know what people are thinking.

Now, please stop harassing people that are having productive discussions. And go learn another language, it may actually open your mind a little.
You cant stop lying can you. You have no packet captures, otherwise you would have stated that initially. Your basis was your 7 second email delay. Why do you feel the need to lie about it.
Its math, not maths. I speak 4 languages. I'm in no rush to learn a 5th.
You have not solved any problem. If you had the capability to solve this problem you would be using recognition. IF as you falsely claim money is irrelevant, why the hell are you using blue iris with a cheap sentry solution when there are many turnkey alternatives starting at 250 (sighthound) going up to several thousand dollars???

VinAU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You cant stop lying can you. You have no packet captures, otherwise you would have stated that initially. Your basis was your 7 second email delay. Why do you feel the need to lie about it.
Its math, not maths. I speak 4 languages. I'm in no rush to learn a 5th.
:banghead:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You have not solved any problem. If you had the capability to solve this problem you would be using rekognition. IF as you falsely claim money is irrelevant, why the hell are you using blue iris with a cheap sentry solution when there are many turnkey alternatives starting at 250 (sighthound) going up to several thousand dollars??? Another lie. You cannot afford a proper solution to your fort knox problem.

VinAU

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You have not solved any problem. If you had the capability to solve this problem you would be using recognition. IF as you falsely claim money is irrelevant, why the hell are you using blue iris with a cheap sentry solution when there are many turnkey alternatives starting at 250 (sighthound) going up to several thousand dollars??? Another lie. You cannot afford a proper solution to your fort knox problem.
:banghead:

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am curious as the the actual costs on the additional recognition features, when will those be released?

Neurobit

n3wb
Reaction score
I just cancelled Sentry after a few months of usage.
The false-positives were enormous. Not ready for prime time yet.

DwightMorgan

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I find it a lot better than without, but really looking forward to vehicle detection.

Flavacali

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm cancelling sentry also along with a few family members, it worked better with it then without but isn't worth it once Alot of leaves or heavy rain and car headlights start. I bought camect it's pricey but it has accurately identified every object I ask it to and learns from the false positives.i still use blue iris for recording

Zeddy

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you see they sent out a "Happy Holidays" email with a 4meg video attachment this morning.

Neurobit

n3wb
Reaction score
I got it. Of course I did not open the attachment.

Cancelled my membership a couple of months ago. Had it for a few months expecting it to get better, but it was pretty much crap. Every other alert I got were light changes, shadows, or branches moving in the wind tagged as “human” alerts.