September 2021 - BI App vs UI3

ChrisDav

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey, I'm trying to find a comparison between the BI App and UI3 in Sept of 2021. I'm currently using UI3 on my phone and it works pretty well. I want to try out the Android App, but its $10 and has very polarized reviews in the play store. Are many people using the app? And how well does it work right now?

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey, I'm trying to find a comparison between the BI App and UI3 in Sept of 2021. I'm currently using UI3 on my phone and it works pretty well. I want to try out the Android App, but its $10 and has very polarized reviews in the play store. Are many people using the app? And how well does it work right now?

Thanks
Dont stress over 10 bux. Try it. Most of the poor reviews are related to user error.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The app works great.

Having the app for as long as I have had BI, I can tell that the reviews are absolutely related to user error.

Many threads here on how to ensure it works properly if you have any trouble.

Folks are expecting Foscam or Ring or Arlo scan a QR code type setup, which is just ripe for being hacked. It takes but 30 seconds to open the app and plug in the IP address and you are off and running, but apparently that is too difficult for many of the play store reviewers.

kjinxx2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Agreed - the app is very solid - it did go through a very very very rough patch earlier this year where the did some massive coding overhaul which rendered the app useless for several weeks on different phone models which triggered a lot of negative reviews that probably haven't been updated since the app was fixed. Overall I would spend the $10 again

Ken

TVille

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Another satisfied Android app user. Not perfect, but works very well. Handles push notifications very well. Wife and I both have it, she has an iPhone.