Setting up NetTime Time Sync Tool on Windows 10

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
A little update. In order to get NetTime to work I had to go into Windows Defender and set up an outbound and inbound rule. I had to click on UDP and assign the port as 123. I hope this helps someone with Windows 10.
That is basically step 4 of the guide in the first post of this thread. Only the inbound rule is needed. Outbound rules to explicitly allow certain kinds of traffic are unnecessary unless something has really messed up the default firewall configuration.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
That is basically step 4 of the guide in the first post of this thread. Only the inbound rule is needed. Outbound rules to explicitly allow certain kinds of traffic are unnecessary unless something has really messed up the default firewall configuration.
Thanks. :)

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a new problem that I hoped would be corrected over night. I have 4 NVRs on the LAN and 1 is in perfect sync with the computer. 3 of them are exactly one hour behind. I try to manualy adjust the time at the NVR but in about 20 seconds the time reverts back to one hour behind. Hmmmmm

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
check the daylight saving time setting and the time zone settings in the NVR.
That was my first thought but they are turned off. I will look again. I compared the time pages with the one that is working and they are identical.

Update: I changed the 3 NVR's that were off an hour to Mountain Time. I am on Pacific Time. So at 12 noon everything is now synchronized. I will just leave it alone for now. :)

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I have a new problem that I hoped would be corrected over night. I have 4 NVRs on the LAN and 1 is in perfect sync with the computer. 3 of them are exactly one hour behind. I try to manualy adjust the time at the NVR but in about 20 seconds the time reverts back to one hour behind. Hmmmmm
Switch the odd man out to match the other 3 and tell the judge you do not adjust for daylight savings time

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Somehow those are getting served time information from a conflicting source, can you set to sync to PC option? some of my dvr's had that.

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
What I do at the NVR(s) is click on the NTP button, type in the server address which is the address of my main computer/PC and fill in the port number which is 123. I have done the same with all 4 NVRs.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Being the semi low tech ez button numbskull that I am.....I only remember installing Net time, and selecting a few servers or something. and letting it rip.....I think the Amcrest Pentabrid DVR did not have Central time selected and the daylight savings was not on as I fuzzily recall. Now it's ok, but it may lag by 1-2 seconds on monitor display. but it's going across about 400 feet of Airwaves on Ubiquiti 2.4 loco nano's

DavidW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thank you for this. One thing I would add is where to enable the overlay. I spent a while looking into the camera's interface and wasn't able to figure out how to do it. I enabled an overlay in BlueIris and it seems to be appropriate. All of my others already had the time enabled but one did not. Thank you again. This will come in handy in case someone requires video proof.

Last edited: