Shoe string logistics park install

showlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm implementing a shoe string in-house install for a small industry park with a total area of 31,347.27 m² (337,419.17 ft²)

Gear to be used would be the following
  • 128 units of Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-I 4MP dome wired IP cameras (2.8mm, 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, etc)
  • 4 units Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4/24P 32 channel NVRs with 32TB each
  • 8 unit Hikvision DS-3E0505P-E 4 port Gigabit PoE switch
These will be split into different warehouses within the small industry park
  • Warehouse 1 - 32 cameras + 1 NVR + 2 switches
  • Warehouse 2 & 3 - 32 cameras + 1 NVR + 2 switches
  • Warehouse 4 - 64 cameras + 2 NVR + 4 switches
These will all be networked together so I can access it through the internet with a Ubiquiti USG gateway.

Some may ask why I have multiple NVRs rather than go with one 128 channel NVR. The reasons are below
  • We only have 3 years to stay in the industry park
  • If ever we were to transfer to smaller warehouses or a facility that requires less IP cameras an NVR with 128 channels would be too much
  • 32 channel NVR seems more manageable
  • If ever any NVR fails for whatever reason it isn't 1 point of failure
My question now is how do I consolidate all IP camera Live View video feeds onto one 4K Smart TV's browser whether it be from Samsung, LG or Sony Ethernet port? There will be a Smart TV within the industry park and multiple remote Smart TVs through streamed the internet as well.

I am considering the Hikvision DS-3E0510P-E 8-Port Gigabit PoE switch to allow for extra ports in the event any fail or if we need to power wireless access points.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I'm implementing a shoe string in-house install for a small industry park with a total area of 31,347.27 m² (337,419.17 ft²)

Gear to be used would be the following
  • 128 units of Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-I 4MP dome wired IP cameras (2.8mm, 4mm, 6mm, 8mm, etc)
  • 4 units Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4/24P 32 channel NVRs with 32TB each
  • 8 unit Hikvision DS-3E0505P-E 4 port Gigabit PoE switch
These will be split into different warehouses within the small industry park
  • Warehouse 1 - 32 cameras + 1 NVR + 2 switches
  • Warehouse 2 & 3 - 32 cameras + 1 NVR + 2 switches
  • Warehouse 4 - 64 cameras + 2 NVR + 4 switches
These will all be networked together so I can access it through the internet with a Ubiquiti USG gateway.

Some may ask why I have multiple NVRs rather than go with one 128 channel NVR. The reasons are below
  • We only have 3 years to stay in the industry park
  • If ever we were to transfer to smaller warehouses or a facility that requires less IP cameras an NVR with 128 channels would be too much
  • 32 channel NVR seems more manageable
  • If ever any NVR fails for whatever reason it isn't 1 point of failure
My question now is how do I consolidate all IP camera Live View video feeds onto one 4K Smart TV's browser whether it be from Samsung, LG or Sony Ethernet port? There will be a Smart TV within the industry park and multiple remote Smart TVs through streamed the internet as well.

I am considering the Hikvision DS-3E0510P-E 8-Port Gigabit PoE switch to allow for extra ports in the event any fail or if we need to power wireless access points.

Hi @showlow

First I would double check that the camera is actually a good option for what you want to accomplisth.

Possible concerns: small sensor size, Dome camera.

DS-2CD2143G0-I 4 MP Outdoor IR Fixed Dome Camera
1/3" (4 MP) Progressive Scan CMOS
• Up to 2688 x 1520 Resolution
• 2.8 mm and 4 mm Fixed Lens Options
• EXIR 2.0 Range Up to 100 ft (30 m)
• H.265+/H.265/H.264+/H.264
• 120 dB WDR
• IP67, IK10 Protection
• Durable Metal Housing
• 12 VDC ±25% (PoE 802.3af), maximum 7.5 W

The Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-I Outdoor IR Fixed Dome Camera provides high definition network output. It supports H.265+ video compression technology, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
The camera has an EXIR 2.0 range of up to 100 feet (30 meters). The 2.8 mm and 4 mm lens options are optimized for viewing angles that fit any situation. Available models: DS-2CD2143G0-I: 2.8 mm lens 4 mm lens

1612109203065.png
ref:

showlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you for the reply.

May I know what's the draw backs with dome cameras?

To me dome cameras have these benefits
  • Vandal resistant from people and extreme weather events like Category 5 super typhoon
  • People do not know where the lens is being pointed at as the dome glass/plastic makes it difficult to see where the camera is pointing
I've been doing digital photography for a quarter of a century using full frame, APS-H, APS-C and 1-inch image sensor cameras & smaller sensors found on iPhones and Android smartphones.

I am aware about the limitation of a small sensor size with high pixel density pixel relative to low light. The warehouses and industrial park are relatively well lit.

The objective is to avoid pilferage through carrying out stocks or employee opening a box or getting 1 pack of food and sealing it back again.

Our newest warehouses has that ₱4,500/$93.50 (with VAT) Hikvision dome IP camera and is a major upgrade from the sub-₱1,000/$20 (with VAT) analogue 2MP Dahua HDCVI Camera DH-HAC-HFW1200TN we are using on a different site.

As with everything my limitation is cost. ;)

I would have preferred a 8MP Hikvision 1/1.8" IP camera but that costs ₱9,150/$190. Other than doubling per camera cost it would double the storage of the NVR or halving the days of recorded video footage.

Going back to my original question. How do I centralize all NVRs onto one 4K Smart TV screen via HDMI, Ethernet or Internet? I was able to centralize all Hikvision NVR/DVR onto the Hik-Connect app and all Dahua DVRs onto the

DS-2CD2143G0-I comes in 2.8mm, 4mm, 6mm and 8mm lenses. I ordered all these focal lengths due to the size of the facility/space/room.

Hi @showlow

First I would double check that the camera is actually a good option for what you want to accomplisth.

Possible concerns: small sensor size, Dome camera.

DS-2CD2143G0-I 4 MP Outdoor IR Fixed Dome Camera
1/3" (4 MP) Progressive Scan CMOS
• Up to 2688 x 1520 Resolution
• 2.8 mm and 4 mm Fixed Lens Options
• EXIR 2.0 Range Up to 100 ft (30 m)
• H.265+/H.265/H.264+/H.264
• 120 dB WDR
• IP67, IK10 Protection
• Durable Metal Housing
• 12 VDC ±25% (PoE 802.3af), maximum 7.5 W

The Hikvision DS-2CD2143G0-I Outdoor IR Fixed Dome Camera provides high definition network output. It supports H.265+ video compression technology, which assures savings in bandwidth and storage.
The camera has an EXIR 2.0 range of up to 100 feet (30 meters). The 2.8 mm and 4 mm lens options are optimized for viewing angles that fit any situation. Available models: DS-2CD2143G0-I: 2.8 mm lens 4 mm lens

View attachment 81193
ref:

Last edited:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
+1 on the domes. They WILL give you trouble at some point, even if you have decent lighting and keep them out of direct sunlight and direct night-time industrial lighting.

If you were in the USA, i'd suggest a few batches of these (no affilation): *** Lot of 10 Dahua 4MP IP Cameras - Varifocal, H.265, IVS, IR, WDR *** 693563254128 | eBay Not sure if this has SD card slot, but perhaps not important for your install. The motorized Varifocals will give you the most flexibility at each location and can be readily tweaked as needed after install. The small sensor is not the latest/greatest, but should be adequate considering the budget.

On another note, why spring for the Hikvision branded ethernet switches? PoE switches are pretty well comoditized, even if you need managed ones (to enable/disable PoE on each port remotely, for example). Probably save some cost going with another reputable brand, like netgear, tplink,etc... Hikvision may well be re-branding (and marking up) from one of them for the switches, anyways.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

showlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
+1 on the domes. They WILL give you trouble at some point, even if you have decent lighting and keep them out of direct sunlight and direct night-time industrial lighting.

If you were in the USA, i'd suggest a few batches of these (no affilation): * Lot of 10 Dahua 4MP IP Cameras - Varifocal, H.265, IVS, IR, WDR * 693563254128 | eBay Not sure if this has SD card slot, but perhaps not important for your install. The motorized Varifocals will give you the most flexibility at each location and can be readily tweaked as needed after install. The small sensor is not the latest/greatest, but should be adequate considering the budget.

On another note, why spring for the Hikvision branded ethernet switches? PoE switches are pretty well comoditized, even if you need managed ones (to enable/disable PoE on each port remotely, for example). Probably save some cost going with another reputable brand, like netgear, tplink,etc... Hikvision may well be re-branding (and marking up) from one of them for the switches, anyways.
What sort of trouble would a dome IP camera encounter? I was standardizing to one SKU to make deployment and management simpler. We would have the most flexibility in install whether it be inside or outside.

I was able to add another Dahua DVR to the iDMSS Plus app and the analog cameras without a mic was transmitting ground noise to my iPhone's speaker. And the image quality was so distorted and out of focus.

SD card isn't of use. Straight to NVR, no backup required at the moment. Motorized varifocal is good if we had a use for it. These will be installed one per aisle and more of a post view on the activity.

Hikvision switch was selected for the long distance PoE of up to 300 meters. I will take Netgear and TPLink into consideration.

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What sort of trouble would a dome IP camera encounter? ..
Thank you for the reply.

May I know what's the draw backs with dome cameras?

To me dome cameras have these benefits
  • Vandal resistant from people and extreme weather events like Category 5 super typhoon
  • People do not know where the lens is being pointed at as the dome glass/plastic makes it difficult to see where the camera is pointing
I've been doing digital photography for a quarter of a century using full frame, APS-H, APS-C and 1-inch image sensor cameras & smaller sensors found on iPhones and Android smartphones.
HI @showlow

We've got a ton of great notes and threads here covering this topic .. please take some time to see the cliff notes, SouthernYankees welcome notes, and the reviews by members, and the complaints by members here.

Please try the search in the upper corner of the desktop version of this site, as well as google on this site.

ps - I currently do not have time to dig up links..

showlow

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
HI @showlow

We've got a ton of great notes and threads here covering this topic .. please take some time to see the cliff notes, SouthernYankees welcome notes, and the reviews by members, and the complaints by members here.

Please try the search in the upper corner of the desktop version of this site, as well as google on this site.

ps - I currently do not have time to dig up links..
Thank you for the link. I read the warning about using domes and and I wonder if you can just swap out the dome glass when it becomes to cloudy due to UV exposure.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thank you for the link. I read the warning about using domes and and I wonder if you can just swap out the dome glass when it becomes to cloudy due to UV exposure.
Not usually, as you won't be able to find replacements.
Avoid Domes.
Use Turret/Eye ball cams.