small grocery store setup

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What would be some of the minimum specs required for running the BI software without a problem, should I go with WD Purple hard drives for the recording?
the issue this blue iris there is NO specs that you need to meet, it depends on many factors such as FPS, MP that your recording at, etc.. @fenderman would be the guy that could tell you best with the blue iris for sure, but I would bet the machine would be in the $1500 range maybe even higher depending on the storage

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
I guess I should stick with the 7700 NVR, would buying a gigabit switch just for the camera system be a plus? I guess it's time for me to plan out my system so I will know exactly how many cameras I would need.

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I guess I should stick with the 7700 NVR, would buying a gigabit switch just for the camera system be a plus? I guess it's time for me to plan out my system so I will know exactly how many cameras I would need.
You don't need a true gigabit switch due to the fact the cameras are only 10/100Mbps but make sure to get a switch with at least 1 gigabit uplink port

Reaction score
Thanks so much for all the help and opinions on my setup. I guess I'll go with 2332 indoors and part outdoors, 2532F-IS for the chekout and 2232-i5 for exterior corners. Is there one WDR camera in specific that's recommended or would I be ok with the 2332 for the entry door?

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The 2332 would be good all the way around where audio isn't needed.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Congratulations on moving up to IP!! It makes a world of difference doesn't it??

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you wanted to get real fancy, you could possibly place a panoramic can over your register area!

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ha, I was going to say your current cameras are hilariously bad and you're in for a treat. Now you can see you were. Look at that increase in clarity! The overpowering light from the outside thankfully isn't hitting the key spots (counters) in the new deploy.

Reaction score
Din't expect so see a big difference, boy was I surprised. I ordered a HVR from milkisbad but now I'm sold on a NVR lol. I'm getting FANTASTIC prices on a 7716/NI-SP/16, 2232-I5, 2132s and 2332's from a authorized US Hikvision reseller so I might switch to IP since. Is it true 2132s are harder to install and focus than the turrets, also should I get the Hikvision 7716 or the LTS LTN8832 NVR?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The 2132 cannot be wall mounted without a special mount to keep it horizontal (except if you get the new 3 axis version that is available from some) the 2332 is not affected by ir reflection like some domes are..

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I use the LTS 8 channel NVR for my customers and they like it. For me its plug and play and incredibly easy to setup.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It appears to be the same, just the front face is changed around. Just remember, LTS uses rebranded Hikvision exclusively. So whatever equipment you purchase from them, it is designed to work together.

pedrokv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know this thread is old, but I want to mention one thing: who is coming in also has to go out. So if you have trouble with sunlight agains your camera lens, just put one camera above the door. ;-)

gfmcfly

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I don't know if this is where I need to ask this question. I have an LTS LTN8832-16 and I can't seem to make a Hikvision IP camera DS-2cd2042wd-i work with the NVR. I thought it would be plug and play, but no go. Any thoughts on why it doesn't pick it up. I do see the camera working on my pc through browser but not nvr. I tried even with adding the ip manually to the nvr and it only states "cant reach network" or something like that.

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello, I don't know if this is where I need to ask this question. I have an LTS LTN8832-16 and I can't seem to make a Hikvision IP camera DS-2cd2042wd-i work with the NVR. I thought it would be plug and play, but no go. Any thoughts on why it doesn't pick it up. I do see the camera working on my pc through browser but not nvr. I tried even with adding the ip manually to the nvr and it only states "cant reach network" or something like that.
Are you connecting the camera to the built-in POE switch or an external POE? with the camera connected to the back of the NVR, default and restart the NVR to see if it will bring it up.

gfmcfly

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I am connecting the camera to the built in POE of the NVR which has 16 ports. There is an LTS PTZ camera on it and that seems to be working fine.

gfmcfly

n3wb
Reaction score
The internal nic is set to 192.169.110.41 which in turn puts the 16 POE ports from 192.168.110.2 - 192.168.110.16