Smallest POE camera

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Im after a POE camera to put on my fence, right on the edge of the boundry. Preferbly a very small dome. Can anyone advise of such a thing. Not including the rubbish from china on ebay please!

Reaction score
the canon vb-s31d is pretty small.
i don't know if it is manufactured in china (highly likely) but the brand name is japanese. it has a Canon DIGIC DV III image processor.

VB-S31D

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
the canon vb-s31d is pretty small.
i don't know if it is manufactured in china (highly likely) but the brand name is japanese. it has a Canon DIGIC DV III image processor.

VB-S31D
lol 500 bux...no ir and an indoor camera.

Reaction score
lol 500 bux...no ir and an indoor camera.
i totally agree. i would never buy that camera unless i worked for canon and owned a home with all canon already. there just aren't many poe cameras not from china (or china oem) and not sold on ebay, which is what dave888 requested.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i totally agree. i would never buy that camera unless i worked for canon and owned a home with all canon already. there just aren't many poe cameras not from china (or china oem) and not sold on ebay, which is what dave888 requested.
He doesnt care if its sold on ebay. Even an expensive avigilon camera could be sold on ebay by someone, doesnt make it bad.
As far as china, i dont think he cares if its from china, he just doesnt want it to be crap "from china" that is often found on ebay.

Reaction score
if i was shopping for myself among small dome cameras "from china on ebay" i would choose the hikvision DS-2CD2552F-IS (3.93" × 3.84" × 2.1") or a 2MP starviz if night, poorly-lit conditions were a priority. i wouldn't consider either "rubbish".

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The China region cams being referred to as rubbish, are just that, cams that are intended for sale in China region that are hacked to English non-upgrade-able firmware, plus lesser quality parts. On the other hand, the Dahua International cams are a whole different ball game and are readily available.

tigerwillow1

Known around here
Reaction score
The China region cams being referred to as rubbish, are just that, cams that are intended for sale in China region that are hacked to English non-upgrade-able firmware, plus lesser quality parts. On the other hand, the Dahua International cams are a whole different ball game and are readily available.
Are you including Dahua chinese market cameras in this statement? My experience is quite different. I have chinese market 4431M and 4431R-Z cameras, as well as 4231 and 5231 international cameras, and have opened up at least one of each model. I find that they use the same components and the same quality PC boards. I used to agree that the chinese market mounting bases were different, but that's no longer true as the international HFW 2231R-Z uses the same mounting base and case as the chinese market HFW 4431R-Z.

I can only speak for the models I have first-hand experience with, and that is that Dahua doesn't make junk hardware, no matter what region its target market is. And the international firmware is no less buggy than the chinese market firmware.

dave888

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think there is some confusion here. Im on about the £10 ebay china rubbish, not the branded makes that are on ebay. I know Axis do some small kit but thats £700 odd. Hikvision etc dont seem to do small cameras.