Smart TV

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
thankyou.. i take it that ip camviewer is a app that i can download. and just put my local ip address for the dahua cam,
Yea it might ask you for whatever port you are using 37777 or 80, cannot remember, username and password OR I think it searches your network for you
I don't have a NVR its a single camera connected to a router via ethernet cable . i can get the dahua browser on the tv but it needs a plugin to view. i did try ipcamviewer but that would not download via google playstore. i do not need to access the cameras settings it's only for viewing. why is new techonolgy more difficult to use..
Wow thats Strange, I cannot download Dahua IDmss when I search the Google App Store(on my tv), it says NOT avaibile, It Must be a regional thing. When I use MY PC or Phone Its there. I really do not Use IP Camviewer too much But I do have it working and added another cam to it last night for testing. The Basic version is limited, no sound and throws ads at you every 10 mins.

ipOsX

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What about a video decoder?

I don't have a NVR its a single camera connected to a router via ethernet cable . i can get the dahua browser on the tv but it needs a plugin to view. i did try ipcamviewer but that would not download via google playstore. i do not need to access the cameras settings it's only for viewing. why is new techonolgy more difficult to use..

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
TinyCamPro? What OS is your smart tv running, android?

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
TinyCamPro? What OS is your smart tv running, android?
something called web os
WebOS is an LG-owned, Linux-based, smart TV operating system that is set up to allow control and access of LG Smart TV's more advanced features and connected devices through a graphical user interface (GUI). WebOS was developed by Palm as a mobile OS

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
something called web os
WebOS is an LG-owned, Linux-based, smart TV operating system that is set up to allow control and access of LG Smart TV's more advanced features and connected devices through a graphical user interface (GUI). WebOS was developed by Palm as a mobile OS
Now things make more sense, I have a android TV and would explain why the apps are different. Seems WebOS is pretty limited to apps.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Now things make more sense, I have a android TV and would explain why the apps are different. Seems WebOS is pretty limited to apps.
thankyou for your help.. but i give up i thought it would be a easy task .. i cant even find new firmware for the cam with the config tool . so iv'e had enough anyway thanks for the suggestions,

Hammerhead786

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you try reaching out to the seller? You could try sending a message to Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) asking him if he can help confirm whether your camera is a genuine Dahua unit. While you may not have purchased the camera from him, he has been known to help out forum members here. Also, if you decide to purchase any further cameras in the future, Andy has a stellar reputation here.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Did you try reaching out to the seller? You could try sending a message to Andy (@EMPIRETECANDY) asking him if he can help confirm whether your camera is a genuine Dahua unit. While you may not have purchased the camera from him, he has been known to help out forum members here. Also, if you decide to purchase any further cameras in the future, Andy has a stellar reputation here.
i'm just going to forget about it.. its only a tv i got for the kitchen so no big deal really i just thought it would be nice to view a cam on it. but no worries thankyou for your help,

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Would a chromecast device work? Maybe you could cast your pc screen to the tv? Just a thought.

Densor

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Dahua PIR camera which is a re-badged and sold by Uniden here in Australia. The Uniden app is also a copy of the IMOU app which connects to many Dahua cams. The IMOU app also supports Google Home. With a bit of setup and a Chromecast, I can now say " Show front camera on TV" and it automatically changes inputs on the TV and shows the camera. It might be worthwhile seeing if you can connect to your Camera using the IMOU app.

Rebelx

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I run a HDMI from my NVR to my TV.I can see all cams instantly when I switch to input 1.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
something called web os
Thats why I like Sony TV's - they use Android

On the LG, you could probably buy a cheap Amazon Fire Stick that plugs into an open HDMI port. It looks like it should work. Quick google search turned up this

vandyman

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just buy a $30 fire stick or a $25 S902 android TV box and be done with it.

jon2

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
thankyou for all the suggestions. i do have a firestick iv'e never used it it's still in the box i could get chromecast or a tv box.. but as i have a smart tv i thought it would be esay to view without to much messing around.. but apparently not. if it wasn't for the dahua plugin they would be no problem. so untill cams dont need plugins i will do without .

Rickoo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I feel your pain. I'm in plugin hell as we speak. Seems crazy to not have firmware that works reliably and is secure with these cams.

eeeeesh

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
VLC player work quite well showing a video stream (make the appropriate substitutions for username password and ip address - you can leave off the username password if your concerned and you will get a prompt to login instead)

This works for both my Dahua and Hik cams
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" "rtsp:/username:password@192.168.0.***:554/Streaming/Channels/1 main stream"