Smokin Deal on Hikvision DS-2cd2335-i 3MP - Mar 29th for $69.97 from a trusted vendor

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: Smokin Deal on Hikvision DS-2cd2335-i 3MP - Mar 29th for $69.97 from a trusted ve

Just tried ordering from here, they want me to verify myself by sending a picture of my credit card or driving license.

Sounds suspect to me, its this the usual?
Not when I singed up anyway, I went to XInray and shopping cart then added credit card. It took Aliexpress few days to approve then notify shipper to send. Di you use my link or that other suppliers ?

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/319147?spm=2114.10010108.0.110.GT5jwp

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Re: Smokin Deal on Hikvision DS-2cd2335-i 3MP - Mar 29th for $69.97 from a trusted ve

I saw the price during sale was $69.97 then it was removed, when I order in morning it says add to cart then checkout and pay to see price so if its too high I will cancel order I guess. I will be sending note to them today to ensure price is in that range as I dont really want to order and wait to see what I paid.

braddie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I saw the price during sale was $69.97 then it was removed, when I order in morning it says add to cart then checkout and pay to see price so if its too high I will cancel order I guess. I will be sending note to them today to ensure price is in that range as I dont really want to order and wait to see what I paid.
You can see the sale prices on the app, they only stopped showing them on the website.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

You can see the sale prices on the app, they only stopped showing them on the website.
Well its 8am in China now March 29th so I am ordering now. I going to get two of the 4mm and one more 2.8. I really ended up liking the 2.8mm as its only 7 feet off ground and love the wide angle for driveway. Anything higher will be 4mm. Im saving my last spot that is on a pole for the Huisun 10x ptz once they seem to figure out all thier issues I hope in next month or so.

skypilot

n3wb
Reaction score

So here's my question: is a camera like this truly a better hardware product in the sense that the image is better, the set up more comparable, and more durable than say something like Amcrest PROHD 1080P. The set up on these looks fairly involved. I have a couple of foscams which work great no issues since install months ago but I am interested in better quality video if the prices are similar. http://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-Outdoor-Security-Bullet-Camera/dp/B01BN1FDUG/ref=sr_1_1?m=AM1AKWRN957PC&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1459217011&sr=1-1&keywords=outdoor+security+camera#Ask
Which is on sale for $79.99 with code "BJ89GJSE"

I'm a little concerned about loading their app in order to get the reduced price to get the Hikvision product due to its excessive permissions.

What are you guys thoughts on that?

Last edited by a moderator:

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

So here's my question: is a camera like this truly a better hardware product in the sense that the image is better, the set up more comparable, and more durable than say something like Amcrest PROHD 1080P. The set up on these looks fairly involved. I have a couple of foscams which work great no issues since install months ago but I am interested in better quality video if the prices are similar. http://www.amazon.com/Amcrest-Outdoor-Security-Bullet-Camera/dp/B01BN1FDUG/ref=sr_1_1?m=AM1AKWRN957PC&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1459217011&sr=1-1&keywords=outdoor+security+camera#Ask
Which is on sale for $79.99 with code "BJ89GJSE"

I'm a little concerned about loading their app in order to get the reduced price to get the Hikvision product due to its excessive permissions.

What are you guys thoughts on that?

All apps have same permissions if anyone ever reads them. All I can say about the turret 2335 is I have them and I just bought 3 more today. I plug them in and get them working in about 6 minutes. Like anything there is a learning curve but, I assure you will different challenges in anything new. I have had Foscams for over 6 years and let me tell you I spent hours and hours on getting the wifi working. These cameras sell for over 350 where I live buy installers so for 71 Id say great value. Don't go wifi what ever you choose. Great deals anyway today !! also most cameras are like TV's there are really only half dozen true mfg other than some clone rip offs so most are dummy down and rebranded by the big players and Hikvision is a very big player.

crizq0

n3wb
Reaction score

Thanks again Jack for letting us know about the sale.

Just ordered mine as well. 2.8mm and 4mm turrets. Looks like free shipping only for 4mm turrets.
We'll see how these turn out. I wish the firmware was upgradeable down the road if needed.
The waiting begins. I hope the shipping is quick to the USA.

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Placed an order for four, but getting charged shipping. It says this in the listing "New Policy: If you ≥ 4pcs,we could send items via express shipping method for free (DHL,Fedex,EMS,UPS,SPSR)". Waiting to hear back from seller.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Placed an order for four, but getting charged shipping. It says this in the listing "New Policy: If you ≥ 4pcs,we could send items via express shipping method for free (DHL,Fedex,EMS,UPS,SPSR)". Waiting to hear back from seller.
I am sure its an error, I personally don't like DHL cause they hit us with duties and clearing up hear. If they want to charge shipping get them sent individually and then its free. They will ship them all same day with 4 tracking codes. But, I am sure they will correct thier error.

Reaction score

i ordered 2, final price $67.54 USD each.. not bad.

Masejoer

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

I am sure its an error, I personally don't like DHL cause they hit us with duties and clearing up hear. If they want to charge shipping get them sent individually and then its free. They will ship them all same day with 4 tracking codes. But, I am sure they will correct thier error.
Sounds like they simply refuse to allow free shipping when buying more than 2. Cancelled and re-ordered with 2 orders to get free shipping...

Thank you for your order.
I check with our manager,due to now it is promotions sales,so our price is very low.
so we can not give more discount for you,sorry we can not reduce shipping cost for you.
Hope you can underetsand.
Looking forward to your order.
BR,VIVI

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Sounds like they simply refuse to allow free shipping when buying more than 2. Cancelled and re-ordered with 2 orders to get free shipping...

Thank you for your order.
I check with our manager,due to now it is promotions sales,so our price is very low.
so we can not give more discount for you,sorry we can not reduce shipping cost for you.
Hope you can underetsand.
Looking forward to your order.
BR,VIVI
That's funny, I ordered 3 of them today same time and no shipping at check out, even got an extra 6 buck off coupon. I am tempted to let them ship all togeather for what I am sure they will write a $30 value but, scared I will still get stuck with a DHL bullshit bill of some sort for clearing. Well see I will think about it tonight but, so far for me anyway no ship costs - also I saw there new policy last week that went to 4 cameras and specifically said free shipping as it used to be 3 cameras for free shipping (courier not China mail).

JohnnyBoy

n3wb
Reaction score

Is there any sellers offering this camera with a 6mm or 12mm lens?

Need to monitor a outdoor corridoor

Cheers

JohnnyBoy

n3wb
Reaction score

Is there any sellers offering this camera with a 6mm or 12mm lens?

Need to monitor a outdoor corridoor

Cheers
Just got a reponse from the seller, no 6 or 12mm in stock but they do have 8mm. That should work in my situation. Didn't even know they came with that lens

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Just got a reponse from the seller, no 6 or 12mm in stock but they do have 8mm. That should work in my situation. Didn't even know they came with that lens[/QUOT

Never heard of a 8mm either ensure your clear with them the exact model you want as they might just say they have a 8mm of ? something

strat

n3wb
Reaction score

looking for a good deal for a DS-2CD2432F-I(W) any recommended sellers?

JohnnyBoy

n3wb
Reaction score

Just got a reponse from the seller, no 6 or 12mm in stock but they do have 8mm. That should work in my situation. Didn't even know they came with that lens[/QUOT

Never heard of a 8mm either ensure your clear with them the exact model you want as they might just say they have a 8mm of ? something
I posted a link to there ad, and listed the correct model number in my message.
They said to purchase from the ad with 4mm shown and just write in the comments I want 8mm. I'm only after one 8mm, so even if it stuffs up I haven't lost much

braddie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

I posted a link to there ad, and listed the correct model number in my message.
They said to purchase from the ad with 4mm shown and just write in the comments I want 8mm. I'm only after one 8mm, so even if it stuffs up I haven't lost much
The camera does come in 8mm according to the hik website (Google Translate/Chrom, second tab):
http://www1.hikvision.com/cn/prgs_997_i8741.html