Smokin Deal on Hikvision DS-2cd2335-i 3MP - Mar 29th for $69.97 from a trusted vendor

J273

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Re: Smokin Deal on Hikvision DS-2cd2335-i 3MP - Mar 29th for $69.97 from a trusted ve

It worked with my hikvision ds7608ni i2 but they tend to have poe failure and not really a stable item buy yet in my opinion. When it worked it was a great image and fun toy. Fun for under two months it worked although some have had better luck. I would suggest waiting for them to perfect the units after bad feedback. Seller sending me a new board so well see when I fix it but my time is valuable.
Ok thanks - I'll probably not bother with one of these now then until they improve them even though I'm really tempted as they look good. Is there a thread already on these that I can keep an eye on?

Also with regards the 2335's are these still the best hikvision cameras in this price range? I already have 2 and they work fine but need another 2 cams and not sure on whether to get another 2 of these or try something else. Needs to be similar in price though.

Many thanks

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: Smokin Deal on Hikvision DS-2cd2335-i 3MP - Mar 29th for $69.97 from a trusted ve

What settings are you guys using on the cameras to aid night vision?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

There is a Dahua with built in mic for around same price that I may consider next. As far as settings I know that with these models cranking the gain to low 80's and set it useing the 2mp not full 3mp and works well.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Thanks for that. When I set mine to 2mp the image gets stretched into widescreen and looks awful

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Thanks for that. When I set mine to 2mp the image gets stretched into widescreen and looks awful
lowering the resolution will not result in any night image improvement.

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

Results are better in 2 on mine and how are you looking at it NVR or ?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

Its not possible. Lower resolution helps with low light vision only if its native to the sensor, simply lowering the resolution in the firmware does nothing.

essjay

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Blue Iris.

What are your settings for DNR, gain, sharpness, exposure, smart supplement light, WDR etc?

Reaction score
anyone have an upgraded firmware for these?

one of mine i cannot get email alerts to work.. the other is fine, would like to try upgrading.

currently installed: V5.3.6 build 151221

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
anyone have an upgraded firmware for these?

one of mine i cannot get email alerts to work.. the other is fine, would like to try upgrading.

currently installed: V5.3.6 build 151221
you will brick your camera.

beerguy01

n3wb
Reaction score
If you like reading Chinese and seeing your NVR reject the camera with 'language mismatch' you can get V5.4.0 Build160401 here , section #07 : 海康威视——以视频为核心的物联网解决方案和数据运营服务提供商
That's a camera intended for sale in China, unless the seller installs hacked firmware for you.
I recently ordered through Newegg the DS-2CD2332-l turret style cam, and to my surprise when I opened the box I received a DS-2cd2335-i with the firmware being V5.4.0
It was never able to connect with my Hikvision DS-7608NI-SE/P nvr, so it went back.

I'm ordering DS-2cd2335-i from another seller with a V5.2 English firmware hopefully this will play nice with my nvr.

beerguy01

n3wb
Reaction score
What sort of error did you see when connecting it?
Language mismatch?
Not sure, the box the cam was in had all what appeared Chinese writing on it see pics below.

1st a little background.
About 4 years ago I got the nvr and 4- 3mp bullet cams, just plugged them into the nvr and 10 seconds later everything self configured and worked right out of the box, easy peasy.
BTW the nvr and the cam boxes all were written in English, later I found out they were apparently for use in the us.

A couple of years later I added a 6mm bullet and a 4mm 2332-l turret to the mix both were purchased from wrightwood, but they came in generic brown boxes.
at first I was concerned they might not work with my nvr. after a call to Wrightwood they confirmed that they would work with my system, plugged them in and everything worked just like the other cams.

So to answer your question, I'm not sure about the language mismatch, from the camera settings in the nvr it showed the cam being a 2335-l followed by a caption "not connected"

I tried different cables and POE ports in the nvr with the same results, maybe there was something wrong with that particular cam. Hoping the next one coming in a couple of days will work.

Attachments

Enabler

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Assuming the camera is English with English days of the week on the OSD, I think this is more likely a NVR firmware problem - too old?

I don't actually use NVRs but I remember reading something about had to use newer NVR firmware to support the 2xx5 (G0) models. Or even that old NVR models don't support them. Perhaps someone else can confirm.

I don't think changing the camera firmware will help though.