So I roughly have installed a 5442 6mm birdhouse camera on lamp post 50' from my front door....with tire slashing incursion discussion

SyconsciousAu

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
They work fine when wet and I think that unwrapping it would take way too much time?
If your physical security is up to scratch, you will have already bought yourself that time. I'm not a huge fan of people who leave firearms lying around unsecured for quick access. If you can get them that quickly, so can a bad guy. In the days of reliable digital codes and biometrics there's no excuse for that. You can keep them secure and still have them in seconds.

Was thinking of upon PersonOnProperty alert to auto-unlock my smart front door for 3 minutes, to quicken the getting out there to confront the person.
Double edged sword, sure you can get out a second or so quicker, but anyone who is outside and wants to come in now can, possibly before you are ready for them. Your plan assumes that the person the AI detects only wants to let the air out of your tyres, isn't planning on coming in through the front door, and you will always want to go outside and confront them. If you do want to go that route could I suggest an egress button, one you can push after you have assessed the threat outside, have made the decision to go outside, and are fully ready to deal with the threat if it does come inside when you unlock.

Reaction score
If your physical security is up to scratch, you will have already bought yourself that time. I'm not a huge fan of people who leave firearms lying around unsecured for quick access. If you can get them that quickly, so can a bad guy. In the days of reliable digital codes and biometrics there's no excuse for that. You can keep them secure and still have them in seconds.

Double edged sword, sure you can get out a second or so quicker, but anyone who is outside and wants to come in now can, possibly before you are ready for them. Your plan assumes that the person the AI detects only wants to let the air out of your tyres, isn't planning on coming in through the front door, and you will always want to go outside and confront them. If you do want to go that route could I suggest an egress button, one you can push after you have assessed the threat outside, have made the decision to go outside, and are fully ready to deal with the threat if it does come inside when you unlock.
ah good idea on egress button. will think on that.

Reaction score
Well..that was not fun. Total loss of all subnets (cameras, blue iris, etc).
When I started this venture of a blue iris server, a 48port Ubiquiti POE managed switch, Ubiquiti UDM router (this was important as has built in free Radius VPN server), new 1U 48 port patch panel and all in a server cabinet... I kind of just slapped it all together roughly so that I could get cracking with Blue Iris/IP camera config and onto other things. So Saturday, I powered everything down to re-organize things. I relocated the patch panel from the front of the swing door network cabinet to the rear so that I can easily terminate cables now and for future. Powered everything back on... and only my main network (192.168.1.1) had internet access, no other subnet could reach their respective gateways. Smart TV's on the IOT subnet, UI3 wouldn't come up, my Blue Iris to Home Assistant to automatically turn on my smart tv and display outside cameras on alert, would not work. Nothing! And bad timing cause I am still on the alert!
After all Saturday afternoon/evening and into Sunday, I was stumped. Wireshark, ping, Windows registry, SSH'ing into router, another testing laptop, etc. I can only fathom that I was running an older Ubiquiti UDM router firmware (1.5, I think) and that has odd bugs in it. Upon powering down and back up, things went sideways. Ended up factor resetting router, upgrading to latest happy reviewed firmware (1.8) then had to rebuild all network subnet vlans & firewall rules... all on the fly.
After two evenings (i do have a day job that also requires my attention), finally have things back to where they were.
On a good note, my Zooz Z-wave S2 Multisiren arrived today. Shall replace my hack job hair trimmer on a wooden bedroom side table Home Assistant alert upon Blue Iris motion/tripwire/intruson or DSC outdoor PIR alert.
And did order a Dahua SD49225XA-HNR 2MP from Andy. With the new tire purchase, could not afford the more spendier SD5 model.

juliand

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
:smash:come on man. FUD lore.. seconds do count..

Reaction score
new tires! Luckily, neighbor is a tire DUDE so gots me Yokohama Geolanders (highly rated for snow/ice which is important to me) at near cost, weight&balance, & installation.
I have been running OnGuard & Deepstack AI to help knock down the false alerts. Really impressive at identifying human or dog/cat or car/truck and then notifying me via MQTT/Smart TV.
I bought a $39 2020 generation Amazon Fire Stick. Side-installed Chrome so that now I can use the WiFi Fire Stick to run UI3 24/7 as HDMI input Source 2. No more 50' cable running up the stairwell. After a week or two, may add additional Fire Sticks on other TV's. I actually bought a $100 Rasberry Pi4 just for UI3 purposes but thanks to this site, found out the $39 (sometimes...$29?) Fire Stick can do it just as well. So gots a spare RPi 4 to tinker with for something.
Bought a SD49225XA-HNR 2MP 25x Starlight + IR PTZ AI Camera with Deep IVS & SMD Plus camera from Andy. Considered the SD5 (or is it SD6?) with 4MP and night color...but my wallet is barking at me. Plus, got enough color cams on the front side (5442's).
Should be starting a 6 foot high horizontal redwood shadow boxed picket security/privacy fence on the side of my house this coming week. Had to decide to use wood posts or metal: I went with Postmaster+ metal galvanized poles made specifically for fencing. Interesting note about these: HD/Lowes only carry the original Postmaster 7'6" poles with 2.5" width. Not the 8', not the 10', not the new generation of Postmaster+ that have new gate & corner posts at 3.5" width. Had to talk to local fence contractor to get these Postmaster+'s. Not too shabby of a price either ($35 each).
Swapped out the outdoor Bosch OD850 PIR motion detector for the indoor Bosch Gen 2 pet friendly PIR motion detector. Waaaaay too many buzzings at 3am with random cat or dog in the area. Even though the Gen2 is indoor rated only, I'll weatherize it best I can (folks say they have used for years outdoors). For last 7 days, has worked 100% (no animal false alerts but does catch humans).
PXL_20210108_222930848.MP.jpg

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
If you want to go wood for appearane but want sturdy get 100mm (4 inch) square posts and spec them so 1/3rd of the post goes below ground ie. for a 6ft post, you'd buy a 9ft post and bury 3ft under l;aid on 2 inches of gravel then post crete. I'd personally use pressure treated wood, there are some lamost clear treatments and what I did for mine as well is tarred the undergrund version of the post to just above the to be burried section as extra rot protection. No-one is going to shiuft a 4inch square post with 3 feet underground in concrete in a hurry.

Reaction score
Installed a Z-wave Zooz S2 Multisiren. Upload a little .wav file that I edited. Star Trek: Motion Picture Intruder Alert sound :) WIll run both hair clipper buzzing and the S2 for a time to ensure things go smoothly. The sound is louder than what is heard. The actual siren itself is BOONKERS loud (high pitch continous shrieking of a dying pteradactyl I think) that would not only wake me up, but my neighbors. So, will run with custom alert sound for time being.
Here is video & sound. Will copy post over into Home Automation forum as well (I think this would be called a cross-post?). Upon Home Assistant receiving MQTT from DSC alarm panel when PIR motion detection is triggered:

Attachments

Reaction score
aha! got her 100% on camera! 5th incursion. Unsure as to why...but she bypassed my house and hit my neighbors truck instead. All vid's going to police. @looney2ns is there a way I can futher enhance this video for future? I thought I did ok for picture settings. Don't like the blur but it is night time.

Attachments

Reaction score
Post your nighttime settings. Probably going to need to set an upper limit for the shutter and knock down DNR.
I have HLC for backlight (looks better than WDR at night).
Will have to address details later after work. Its too bad she did not enter my driveway. My motion detector would of caught her and things would of gotten rather interesting.
Driveway Picture settings.jpgentranceway exposure settings.jpg

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unsure as to why...but she bypassed my house and hit my neighbors truck instead.
I know why.... because your neighbor doesn't have cameras. She is clearly looking squarely at your new cam placement, checking it out.
  • Among the things I don't quite understand;
  • Did she slash your neighbor's tires?
  • Do you have multiple other views?
  • Did your siren go off? (Not that it should in this case)
  • Is there some reason for your neighbor to also be on her target list?

Reaction score
I know why.... because your neighbor doesn't have cameras. She is clearly looking squarely at your new cam placement, checking it out.
  • Among the things I don't quite understand;
  • Did she slash your neighbor's tires?
  • Do you have multiple other views?
  • Did your siren go off? (Not that it should in this case)
  • Is there some reason for your neighbor to also be on her target list?
neighbor's front tires are flat. Unsure if slashed or tire stem loosening.
On that side, no....no other multiple view. I just installed my new SD4 PTZ camera at 7:00pm last night. Have not configured it to auto-track or such just yet.
My siren did not go off as she did not come onto my property/driveway.
There is a reason. Her 5th wheel trailer used to be parked where my utility trailer sits. Maybe she didn't like neighbor truck being so close to her 5th wheel. Or maybe the sun comes up every 24hours and she blames my neighbor. Unsure.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Have you made any progress with the TRO?

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
I have HLC for backlight (looks better than WDR at night).
Will have to address details later after work. Its too bad she did not enter my driveway. My motion detector would of caught her and things would of gotten rather interesting.
View attachment 79551View attachment 79552
Adjust the Shutter to Manual with a customized range. In the range set the lower limit to 0 and the upper limit to 7. Knock down 3DNR to around 35ish.

That will dim your overall image some depending on how much ambient light you have available but will stop motion blur for pedestrians and vehicles if traveling <25MPH. You are running color at night so be aware you really need lots of light to do that with color.

Reaction score
now that I have had coffee and discussing things with neighbor... I gotta admit, the video doesn't look too shabby at all :) But still will tinker when I get home with settings to see if can do better with above suggestions.
She is unaware of my super duper hidden camouflaged CIA/FBI/NSA 5442 camera in the lamp post birdhouse! Too bad she didn't enter my driveway (where I have tripwires and other cameras watching along with a Bosch motion detector) or too bad I have not yet configured the PTZ 100%. I know what I need to do when I get home. Further enhance OnGuard and Deepstack AI to alert me anytime a human is in the entranceway. Right now, it just records, no alerts due to neighbors sometimes walking down the entranceway. Can't image too many neighbors walking past 9pm, so will do some additional config's.
If the image quality looks better with B&W over color, I'll swap to B&W. Thought the shutter priority at 1/30 was ideal for night shots. I'll swap to 'manual' and see what that does.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
As others have said, do some adjusting with the shutter and other parameters to dial it in.

I have been able to make some minor adjustments in VLC so maybe run the video thru that and see if you can clean it up any.

MrSurly

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
She is unaware of my super duper hidden camouflaged CIA/FBI/NSA 5442 camera
Is that the camera that recorded this video? Because she is Squarely looking at THIS camera and looking at it from a couple of angles. MAYBE she doesn't see the camera, but she at least suspects one in this spot.
If the cam that recorded this is NOT the secret CIA cam, then what did the Secret CIA cam capture?