So wonder why my NVR being hacked by UK minister of defence ?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So I decided to check log on my NVR a Hik and its been accessed many many times by IP addresses all of which are UK Minister of Defence ? Now someone might be bouncing off their servers to me and make it look like them but WTF ? So I am have no VPN and just got my balls shrunk. Time to buy a ASUS router and fix this hole the size of Hillary's.

All I can say is I am dropping this plane below radar !

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought you didnt care if they saw you naked? What changed?

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was waiting for that thanks ! no I said I didn't mind the Chinese watching me but, British Intelligence a bit more than I would have thought. I wonder why they like me so much ?

Well for now all unplugged and just got a new IP, love our internet providers here just unplug and our static IP changes although I am sure they can find me again fast so I better plug this hole soon.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
lol you're definitely on some list somewhere now ;)

Jack B Nimble

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got into router and blocked everything , I am getting hammered by

The Chinese must have seen me naked and were so impressed they notified the Brits I guess.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
What ports are the IP address trying?
I've often found that an email to the abuse contact can yield some useful results. I used to hassle some well-known hosting companies about the spammers they had as customers and how they could improve their monitoring - and had some pretty good dialogue.
UK MoD would not like media reports that their systems are abusing Canadian citizens.

tangent

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If it is in fact the org you speak of it's likely they're deliberately running some compromised devices in an effort to surveil to bot net. Stop forwarding ports and turn off UPnP.

NVR

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Make sure these are not your own mobile phone's IP addresses. Which you can only see by going into field test mode by calling *3001#12345#* then enter pdp context info and then 0 to retrieve your IP, which can differ from the IP revealed by an online ARIN check via a browser. If you do own that IP on your phone, there hasn't been a good answer as to why some own these DOD and UK Defense Blocks. The above field test code is for the iphone, not sure what it is for an Android.

Also make sure its no one else's phone you may have given access.

Last edited:

Pete

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
"Canada claims that it doesn't spy on its own citizens. I think that the US claims something similar. However, they let other countries spy on their citizens and they in turn spy they on theirs and then they exchange information. It gets around things in their constitutions. In the UK, we don't have any proper constitution or rules about the regime taking such liberties. They've been doing it for years, but the Edward Snowden wikileaks revelations forced them to put it into law - along with the extra stuff which forces all ISPs and phone companies to inform on their customers by providing details of every website they've looked at or calls they've made in the previous twelve months. It's about preserving the status quo for another thousand years and beyond." Quoted from a UK website post.