Software Help

there are more secure ways of accessing the cameras

Thanks.

As no one stepped in, read the links Looney provided. P2P is not in any way safe for a CCTV camera. Many have tried it, and had cameras hacked or botted. Some on here have set up connection monitors and have seen as many as 1,000 attempted connections per hour. The only way to view remotely safely IS via VPN.

It might not be your software problem today, but it will be and your next question tommorrow. Our advice, get ahead. Once your camera is bricked, or worse still the wider network accessed, it's too late. Password changed and it's you locked out or firmware / boot loader corrupted and no way to get the camera to boot. As a network engineer, you should really know better than to P2P with Shodan and other browers around that make you discoverable.

Reactions: SpacemanSpiff
Hi. New member, so go easy :)

Recently purchased a JideTech 5MP PTZ Camera (). Pretty sure this camera is sold as a few other brands too.

I have installed HiP2P Software version 6.5.2.4 on both my laptop and my desktop PC. On my laptop it works fine, however, on my desktop PC (which has multiple monitors) whilst it connects to the camera fine, it never shows under "Current Screen" and this means i cannot actually view the camera even though its connected. I wondered if anyone has had similar issues and knows of a resolution? I tried some older versions of the software to no avail!

Any help appreciated!

View attachment 151746
Your camera wants a new password. I've fought with this for a couple days and just figured it out. Click on the camera which is online below region. It should fling up a box demanding a new password 8-24 characters. My old password was admin. I suspect it is for a lot of these. Create a new password and the camera pops up onscreen. I think this is all because this is a newer version of the software and the old one was good with 'admin' as the password. Note that once you change the password it will disconnect the camera from any other devices you may have been viewing it on. On my phone i had to delete the old camera and reinstall the 'new' camera with the proper password. Hope this helps someone.

Reactions: Flintstone61