solar powered ip camera with web app

aron134267

n3wb
Reaction score
Can somebody please explain to me how to record from this WIFI camera on my pc. As of now it is only viewable through the phone app. I have downloaded an app that asks for the port number and IP address I have seemingly located the IP address in the router but entering it into the browser does not work.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Can somebody please explain to me how to record from this WIFI camera on my pc. As of now it is only viewable through the phone app. I have downloaded an app that asks for the port number and IP address I have seemingly located the IP address in the router but entering it into the browser does not work.
Hi and welcome @aron134267

It would help to know the camera's make, model, and a link to the camera.

FYI - dupe post here: solar ip wifi camera record from pc

Last edited:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
its a generic solar powered wifi camera I ordered from ebay.
if you are not going to try to put some effort into this no one is going to help you. You dont bother to give ANY info about this camera.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
oh im sorry its a manhattan beach camera
come on! A link to the camera? a model number off the back, the app that is used to view it, something!!!
Many of these junk wifi cameras only operate via their mobile app and as a bonus come full of back doors and malware.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you sound like a god damn woman who has lost her fertility value what the hell is your problem im done talking to you
This explains your choice of camera....I didnt want to believe it but its true, you live among us. I am afraid, and I thought CA could not get any nuttier.
I'll tell you my problem. You ask a vague question, dont give specific responses to the request for more details and you DEMAND that I solve your problem before you are inconvenienced to get off your fat ass to take a photo of the camera, then did a half assed job at that.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I could go get the number off the camera but I mounted it on the roof already
are you sure you can solve the problem
Hi @aron134267

I suggest next time buying a camera you know will work, instead of picking the most affordable model which meets your basic specs.

While we like to help out we don't have ESP and can not help out with products which are so generically defined like "solar ip camera".

Remember also that many super affordable IoT / IP cameras are easily cyberjacked / hacked. ( even the more expensive ones are not very secure )

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
......and I thought CA could not get any nuttier.....
C'mon, man...give him a break! It's solar powered so it's just got to be great, right? Counteracts cow flatulence, I'm told
It could even be made from those plastic soda straws that are outlawed in CA. :highfive: