/!\ SOLVED /!\ DS-2CD2132F-IS - No Image in Web Browser Live View /!\ SOLVED /!\

CmdrBond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi.

I have 4 Hikvision DS-2CD2132F-IS cameras connected to a DS-7108N-SN/P NVR.

DS-2CD2132F-IS
Firmware Version V5.2.5 build 141201
Encoding Version V5.0 build 140714

DS-7108N-SN/P
Firmware Version V3.0.20 build 161126
Encoding Version V5.0 build 151229

I have recently solved the issue of web browsers requiring a plugin that didn't work - using IE in compatibility mode or IE Tab in Chrome.

And thanks to a Vonets VAR11N mini WiFi Bridge/AP/Router/Repeater I am now able to hit the cameras individual pages so as to be able to turn off IR or adjust image attributes etc...

But this is where my problem comes in.

I can get the live image from the NVR's web page, iVMS on my laptop or the EZVIZ app.

However - when I navigate to the camera's own web page, I just get a black box for the live view. No error, just no picture!

Any ideas?

StewartM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Try update the camera firmware:
https://us.hikvision.com/sites/default/files/firmware/dz20170605_048_r0_en_std_wifi_setting_5.4.5_170718.zip
Updating the NVR firmware might be a bit more tricky.
upload_2019-1-25_22-11-7.png
xz
Click the button at the bottom. It's in Chinese but I could not find a recent English equivalent.
Follow this thread to learn more:
Quick review: Hikvision DS-7108N-SN

Use Internet Explorer 11 to access the camera's web GUI. Make sure you have WebComponents.exe ver.3.0.6.43 and above installed. Install it as admin with all browsers closed.
Open IE 11 again navigate back to the camera's IP address.
When IE prompts you to allow WebComponents permission to run click 'Allow Always' or 'Allow for All Websites' click Yes.
You may need to navigate away from the live view then back to it for the plugin to initialise.

Keep us posted.

CmdrBond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm already running Webcomponents 51

Name: WebVideoActiveX Control
Publisher: HANGZHOU HIKVISION DIGITAL TECHNOLOGY CO.,LTD.
Type: ActiveX Control
Architecture: 32-bit
Version: 3. 0. 6. 51
File date: ‎02 ‎January ‎2018, ‏‎11:36
Date last accessed: ‎26 ‎January ‎2019, ‏‎01:08
Class ID: {E7EF736D-B4E6-4A5A-BA94-732D71107808}
Use count: 61
Block count: 4
File: WebVideoActiveX.ocx
Folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Web Components

I have previously upgraded the NVR firmware to 20 - I know 21 is available, never got around to applying it.

The cameras are grey imports, so upgrading them is not so simple.

The thing is, I'm not getting the plugin error in IE or IE Tab, just a black area. But the NVR, iVMS and EZVIS are working fine.

2019-01-25.png 2019-01-25 (2).png

CmdrBond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Posted in my thread regarding camera firmware upgrade

As I stated in that thread i have used both IE in compatibility mode, and chrome with the IE Tab extension. I have no issue viewing the feed from the NVR in the web GUI. Just the cameras are not presenting an image. Specifically Internet Explorer Version: 11.523.17134.0 Update Versions: 11.0.1055 (KB4480965) Product ID: 0150-200000-00003-AA459 and Chrome Version 71.0.3578.98 (Official Build) (64-bit) with IE Tab version 12.1.18.1
Update - I have a work-around for now... Chrome and IE only list Webcomponents and Quicktime. I tried installing Quicktime 7, but that had no effect, it's still showing No Plugin Detected for QT Firefox ESR 60 also lists VLC and MJPEG - but WC, QT and VLC all say no plugin detected in Firefox ESR with MJPEG showing a black window with a placeholder icon in the top left corner. So I downloaded Safari 5.1.7 - Safari is no longer supported by Apple for Windows, and is no longer listed on their website, but the download to the exe still works - for those that need it, it can be found here Apple Safari 5 Safari lists the 4 plugins mentioned above. Webcomponents gives the same blank screen Quicktime gives No plugin detected MJPEG gives a blue question mark in the centre of the window BUT for some reason VLC WORKS - so that's good. But I'd rather not have to use Safari at all
BUGGER Well that was short lived - it sorts out the Live View. But on the image setting page I have no option to choose the plugin. That is obviously defaulting to WebComponents. So I NEED to get it working.

CmdrBond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Going to try that and update.

I'll let you know.

CmdrBond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
OK, this is strange, but I have solved this for my current firmwares (although I am still considering upgrading)

My NVR will only show the Live Stream in the Web UI if set to UDP - if it is set to TCP I get a "Live View Failed" pop-up.

The cameras, however, will only show the Live Stream if set to TCP - UDP gives the blank screen, HTTP and Multicast give the "Live View Failed" pop-up.

Moreover, setting the camera to TCP, while allowing me to live view there, causes the NVR to web UI hang. So once I've made any changes, I have to set it back to UDP.