Some of my DDNS NVRs are not reachable

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello,

Is there maybe a issue with the DDNS Service today?

Some of my NVRs are available and some of them are not. It looks like the DDNS Service does not receive the new WAN IP.

Do you also have this problem?

Regards Basti

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There are several threads discussing hikvision migrating to a new cloud service...regardless, why would you trust a company controlled by the chinese gov with your ip address info..

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I know the will migrate the DDNS Service but not today and this is not the answer for my question.

By the way:
Do you believe the DDNS Service will be the only way for Hikvisio to get my/your IP Address???

The have much more options to integrate something in there firmware.

Regards Basti

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I know the will migrate the DDNS Service but not today and this is not the answer for my question.

By the way:
Do you believe the DDNS Service will be the only way for Hikvisio to get my/your IP Address???

The have much more options to integrate something in there firmware.

Regards Basti
It does answer your question, if its down, then its likely connected with the migration.
You are incorrect...we can see AND block any traffic going out of the camera....you are foolish to provide them and anyone who hacks their servers (it has happened) with this info. If you port forwarded and/or used hik dns on someones network other than your own, you are being negligent and careless with their security.

basti76nie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Than I have to use completely other manufacturers!

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi basti76nie,

I was having issues with HiDDNS last week but no reports this week.

Some not updating IP's and some not being able to connect via iVMS-4500 using HiDDNS even though the ip had updated via the web portal.

They are shutting down the website today.

I would recommend you move to NOIP or DynDNS depending on your router or NVR's as soon as you can.

Hope this helps.

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It'seems very American, not to trust the Chinese with their cloud or DDNS services. but then I bet the Chinese and Russia would feel the same about a US service given the fact they all play the same silly Arse nosey games.

It's a shame that Hikvision ddns service is closedown now to new connections as NO CLOUD service is secure, make sure you encrypt your streams for remote viewing use a private VPN services and ddns that are not linked in anyway, and your passwords are very strong or your other really safe option is don't connect your cameras to the Internet.