Someone Steals Our Neighbor's Solar Lights

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Not exactly the crime of the century, but I can at least tell them what happened to their missing pair of solar lights. Occurred this morning at a little after 3AM.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ah, 3am... nobody about at that hour but burglars and bad women!

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If only his car had rolled down the hill while he was out. Of course then it would have hit someone's stuff and I don't want that. It might not have even been his car.

Edit: Oh heck he wasn't even the driver.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
That corner of yours is something else!
I thought burglars had stopped wearing those stripey clothes ages back.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I thought those types only drove beat up '96 Mazda 626's with a primered fender and red tape on one tail light; now I'm gonna be looking sideways at every soccer mom in a cherry mini-van!

RJF

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not exactly the crime of the century, but I can at least tell them what happened to their missing pair of solar lights. Occurred this morning at a little after 3AM.

Would be interested to know what cameras you have.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Would be interested to know what cameras you have.
Here are the cameras in the order they appear in this video capture.
#1. Huisun Mini Bullet PTZ Version 1
#2. Dahua IPC-HFW5231E-Z
#3. Dahua DH-SD49225T-HN
#4. Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I
You'll notice the 2 Starlights I have seem to have the best image in this capture. I've notice the Huisun doesn't seem as bright at night (it is a couple years old now) as it used to be. I may have to replace it with another Starlight soon.

Reactions: RJF

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Me too, image looks great at night! Are there flood lights helping them or is that all from the cams IR? My cams suck at night, I really need to upgrade.
The 4 cameras are located above the garage (2 on each corner). In the middle of the garage is a CMVISION R110 114 LED IR Illuminator that is now several years old but still working.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Who steals solar lights? lol

Not even worth getting out of the car for.

RobertM

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Next target of front yard thievery will be the ($75) Halloween/Holiday laser lights and the ($20) extension cords!

Radnoaz

n3wb
Reaction score
You have a very nice, clear, video recording! I'm curious if you installed your CMVISION R110 114 LED IR Illuminator to avoid spiders building webs around each IR equipped camera, and if so, did that help? I've been considering using an IR Illuminator for that reason, and thus turning off the IR emitters on my cameras. What is the approx. illumination angle (side to side) of the R110?

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
You have a very nice, clear, video recording! I'm curious if you installed your CMVISION R110 114 LED IR Illuminator to avoid spiders building webs around each IR equipped camera, and if so, did that help? I've been considering using an IR Illuminator for that reason, and thus turning off the IR emitters on my cameras. What is the approx. illumination angle (side to side) of the R110?
I did not purchase this IR illuminator to prevent spiders around the cameras. I purchased this back in May 2014 because at the time my cameras had very poor night vision, and I wanted more IR light in the front of our house. I believe illumination angle for this model is 30-45 degrees.

Radnoaz

n3wb
Reaction score
I did not purchase this IR illuminator to prevent spiders around the cameras. I purchased this back in May 2014 because at the time my cameras had very poor night vision, and I wanted more IR light in the front of our house. I believe illumination angle for this model is 30-45 degrees.
Thanks! I see Amazon still carries this model, plus a later model with more LEDs.