Sorry, the file could not be found

nebbiadigiorno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have 8 ip cameras (all the same model). I am experimenting a strange behaviour, on some cameras when i try to open a clip it pop ups an "sorry, the file could not be found". i will attached the screen of my config.
Version: Release 4.8.5.0 x64
Service: No
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz [31%]
RAM: 706.3M
Clips: 2 files, 129.7M/2.25T
Storage: C: +42.8G, T: +436.5G

i also try to resttore the database, i also delete it and restart.
Thanks for the help.

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have 8 ip cameras (all the same model). I am experimenting a strange behaviour, on some cameras when i try to open a clip it pop ups an "sorry, the file could not be found". i will attached the screen of my config.
Version: Release 4.8.5.0 x64
Service: No
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7600K CPU @ 3.80GHz [31%]
RAM: 706.3M
Clips: 2 files, 129.7M/2.25T
Storage: C: +42.8G, T: +436.5G

i also try to resttore the database, i also delete it and restart.
Thanks for the help.
post your clips and archiving settings for each folder

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
A few thoughts.
You are recording to the stored folder but also using profiles. Remember that the folder you choose in the record tab is profile specific. So profile 1 may be set to new. You have only 10gb and 0 days allocated in the new folder.
Also dont limit your recordings by days. Its pointless, you should retain as much footage as your HDD space allows.
Post screenshots of your clips storage tab - hit the three vertical bars on the top left.

nebbiadigiorno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
this is from the camera with the problem. i am recording in the stored folder. i am not using the "new" folder. Also direct to disk is enable

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
this is from the camera with the problem. i am recording in the stored folder. i am not using the "new" folder. Also direct to disk is enable
check each profile in the record tab. You are likely recording to the new folder in one of those profiles that is active at some time.

nebbiadigiorno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i set in each profile the "stored folder" and then i restarted bi, nothing is change. i have 8 cam, 5 are recording without problem, 3 not. i have the exact same config in all the camere. I check the config both in bi and in the cam properties and they are exactly the same.

nebbiadigiorno

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i am in contact with the blue iris support and they told me about the key frame rate interval problem, so that's the state of the problem. same configuration in both cameras, one is recording and the other not.
i also try to set frame rate and the key frame interval to the same valor. nothing is change.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Bumping this old thread for anyone else who has this issue. Make sure the camera is not set to H265 or H264+ (in the camera itself, not BI).

PCMedic

n3wb
Reaction score
Well just came looking for solution to this message "Sorry, the file could not be found". Was working fine earlier and just logged in to check things and was alerted to a new update. Updated ( to 5.0.4.8) and now any clip or alert I select gives the same message. They are all there, I can go to the folser on my network drive and the files are there. it continues to record and create new alert files, but can no longer view them.

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the latest updates for Blue Iris. My cameras record to a local drive in folders: NEW, ALERTS & STORED. This works fine. I have some cloned cameras that record to my NAS on a dedicated "Blue-Iris" 3TB drive to 3 folders of the same name but of course pointed to the NAS drive. I can see clearly that clips and jpgs are being successfully recorded and stored properly on the NAS in these 3 folders. I can see them in the left panel of Blue Iris and I can also confirm that the clips are recorded and stored properly when I login to the NAS's file window. All clips are recorded in the BVR format and with the Direct recording features as recommended. For some reason, when I click on any of the clips or jpegs in the left side of the main window of BI I get "Sorry, The file could not be found". I have checked everything that I can think of, rebooted everything but no luck viewing my clips from the NAS. Remember, they are all recorded to the right folders and I can see them clearly so the PC and the NAS are communicating, I just can't play them back. What could be causing this?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@CDAPete

What is your CPU?
What version of windows?
What version of BI.?

screen shot time !

1) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph,upper left corner) clip storage tab
2) blue Iris status cameras tab
3) Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, stored folder, alerts folder. (three screen shots) and any other storage tabs in use
4) on 4 of the camera properties the record tab, 2 main cameras and 2 clone cameras.
5) for the same 4 cameras video tab
6) for the same 4 cameras the general tab.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You could try a delete of the DB and let it rebuild, but you do lose all the previous alerts doing so (the files are still there, just the alerts are missing). But since it won't let you play them, you really are no worse off it doesn't fix it.

CDAPete

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thanks for weighing in! I ultimately found that the issue had to do with the Windows Services Login password. It was somehow altered partially after a Windows update and it did not occur to me to look there. Moving forward this will be the first place I look if I ever have an issue with clips being properly saved to NAS. Everything is working great now.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Bumping this old thread for anyone else who has this issue. Make sure the camera is not set to H265 or H264+ (in the camera itself, not BI).
Hi I have started to experience the ""sorry the file could not be found" error on Triggers when "Deepstack" detects "No Objects" or "Occupied"
ie: If Deepstack finds an object I can view the Clips either in Flags or Triggers. I can view all clips in Triggers until Deepstack processes them, however once Deepstack finds either "No Objects" or "Occupied", I receive the error.
I constant record, so I know the clips are there and can view via Clips, I just now don't have a way to review "triggers" effectively. It's like BlueIris loses the pointers to the clips.

Can you please review my settings and see if I have dome something incorrect.
Thank-you
1625814674807.png1625814801561.png1625814914238.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
@spammenotinoz - I do not think it is a setting, it is a bug.

Many of us have experienced this file not found, but when we rollback to a stable version, it works as intended.

Now with that said, you may have found the culprit, so make sure you send to BI support email so that they can look into it.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Many of us have experienced this file not found, but when we rollback to a stable version, it works as intended.

Now with that said, you may have found the culprit, so make sure you send to BI support email so that they can look into it.
Support query logged, thank-you.

spammenotinoz

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Ken has fixed this in version 5.4.9.8 released earlier today and I have validated it works. Still errors back on older clips.

His explanation was as follows;
For version 5.4.9.8 today I am going to retain the file association for continuous recording, retriggering, and cancelled alerts.

Last edited: