Split Camera feed to HDMI and CAT5e

GaryDZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I hope I am in the correct forum for this question.
I will be installing a Synology DS918+ Surveillance System with about 14 IP POE cameras. The cameras will be Amcrest IP4M-1028EW. For just ONE of the cameras I want to display the feed on an HDMI TV/Monitor as well as have it go to the Synology. The purpose is to allow anyone exiting the building to see what's going on outside. Is there a reasonably priced device that will let me do that?

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I hope I am in the correct forum for this question.
I will be installing a Synology DS918+ Surveillance System with about 14 IP POE cameras. The cameras will be Amcrest IP4M-1028EW. For just ONE of the cameras I want to display the feed on an HDMI TV/Monitor as well as have it go to the Synology. The purpose is to allow anyone exiting the building to see what's going on outside. Is there a reasonably priced device that will let me do that?
Hi @GaryDZ

Checking on those cameras..

From

"The OV4689 is a high performance 4-megapixel CameraChip .... The 1/3-inch OV4689 can capture full-resolution 4-megapixel high definition (HD) video ..."

Did you already purchase those?

1588291988026.png

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can use a cheap tablet to stream that camera live.

GaryDZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @GaryDZ

Checking on those cameras..

From

"The OV4689 is a high performance 4-megapixel CameraChip .... The 1/3-inch OV4689 can capture full-resolution 4-megapixel high definition (HD) video ..."

Did you already purchase those?

View attachment 60774
Only a couple. I need more cameras.

GaryDZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So no one makes a combination ONVIF / HDMI outdoor camera?? Only indoor? That doesn't make sense.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
There is one I found. 3X Logic VX-2V-MD-RIWH. $660!!! No way.
3x is just rebranding hikvision so you can get the camera for less if you find the hik model, however, there is no need for this. A fire stick is 40 bux. Or you can buy a cheap NVR for 50 bux and do the same. You should pick the best camera for the job, then make it work with your monitor, not vice versa. You have already made the mistake of selecting amcrest P4M-1028EW cameras that will perform poorly at night and in low light.

GaryDZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Sorry, but for reasons too lengthy to explain I need to go the camera route. The only equivalent Hikvision camera to the 3x with outdoor rating (IP67) I can find is the DS-2CD2185FWD-IM which seems to be discontinued. I have searched for hours.:(

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
If you have wifi within the designated display area, you may try an inexpensive TCL/Roku smart-tv (26” or 32”). You may install an app, called IP Camera Viewer Pro. The app support RTSP streams and includes an ONVIF Auto Config for most IP cameras. If the TV/Monitor is already available, consider adding an Android TV Box. Just download the app required to view your cameras.

GaryDZ

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
All the solutions being offered (Roku, smart-tv, fire stick, etc) require intervention if the power is interrupted. Looks like I may have to entertain getting the 3X Logic VX-2V-MD-RIWH for $660 :rolleyes:

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Why HDMI? Many IP cams also have an analog (rca or bnc connector) for video output. on an 18" screen, that would look quite fine, imo...

DsineR

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Another way to make this work is using a Decoder & an IP Cam.
Magewell
has a few options which will convert h.264 & h.265 using RTSP or HTTP streams to HDMI.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
All the solutions being offered (Roku, smart-tv, fire stick, etc) require intervention if the power is interrupted. Looks like I may have to entertain getting the 3X Logic VX-2V-MD-RIWH for $660 :rolleyes:
That is incorrect. You were offered a solution of using a cheap mini 50 dollar NVR. It would boot right up. If your reasoning that was "too lengthy to explain" was simply the automatic bootup, then why didnt you say so.
There are ways to make a firestick boot an app at startup. There are other alternatives like a Pi that can be set to auto boot into your camera view. There are also network decoders that are designed for this however a cheap NVR would do just as well for a fraction of the price.

Yes if you are not willing to do the research to find out what hikvision camera 3x logic is rebranding or do basic searches for alternatives, then yes, just spend the 660 and call it a day.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.