"Splitter"

Reaction score
Is there a way to have an IP camera work on an NVR and appear on a monitor at the same time? I know we can use a pc and access the camera through the web browser but was curious to see if we could find a way "split" the signal....
Thanks
Tom

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
There are a few ways to do this, but you can't split an IP camera like an analogue camera signal.

The cheapest way is with another NVR like a ds-7104n, or with a Single channel video decoder but they cost more than the NVR.

moa999

n3wb
Reaction score
Cheap Android on a stick device

Sent from my Tab2A7-10F using Tapatalk

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Does you NVR have hdmi out? if so, simply use an HDMI splitter....if you need to send the image over long distances you can use hdmi over ethernet adapters...

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The android stick works but can be laggy on cheap sticks.
The use of a HDMI adapter over cat5e works well, but not through a network, just across the network (point to point).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The android stick works but can be laggy on cheap sticks.
The use of a HDMI adapter over cat5e works well, but not through a network, just across the network (point to point).
They do have hdmi over tcp/ip with decent reviews but I have never used it.
http://www.amazon.com/J-tech-Digital-Extender-Ethernet-Single/dp/B003EE8OL6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1440944990&sr=8-2&keywords=hdmi+over+tcp+ip
If the OP wants to display on more than one additional monitor then its best to use a method that splits the signal from a device the camera is already streaming to, so as to minimize the load on the camera. If its just a single additional display then the cheap NVR is a good solution that can also provide a secondary backuo...

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most HDMI splitters that I've seen, states that you can't view both output sources at the same time, it's either Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 viewing.
Make sense? That may not be the case with all, but the cheaper little splitters that I've seen say that.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Most HDMI splitters that I've seen, states that you can't view both output sources at the same time, it's either Monitor 1 or Monitor 2 viewing.
Make sense? That may not be the case with all, but the cheaper little splitters that I've seen say that.
You are referring to an hdmi switcher...a 20 dollar splitter like this can simultaneously display two identical outputs.
http://www.amazon.com/HD-102-Powered-Splitter-Certified-Support/dp/B005HXFARS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1440948582&sr=8-4&keywords=hdmi+splitter

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
NVR is Hikvision 7604, two buildings connected via fiber....NVR and 2 cameras are in one building and the camera we'd like to "split" out is in the other building. Sorry for not being more detailed.
Thanks
Tom

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
NVR is Hikvision 7604, two buildings connected via fiber....NVR and 2 cameras are in one building and the camera we'd like to "split" out is in the other building. Sorry for not being more detailed.
Thanks
Tom
Then use another cheap NVR as recommended by whoslooking or a wired android device like amazon fire tv...