Spot what's wrong

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok this is what anyone prefer to setup his system. The only problem i get is that i cant disable the audio from my camera hfw3541ep-as. I disable from the encode the audio but still give me sound.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Only from encode where else can i find audio settings?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
However you access it, but on BOTH the camera interface AND the NVR interface. This is why I recommend using only ONE interface for camera settings. Change it once on the Camera and it will push the change to the NVR.

NVR
NVR Encode.jpg

Camera
CameraAudioEncode.jpg

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I dont remember if i did of both . I will check it after work when i get home

Andyh747

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry to hijack the thread but has anyone found a way to access the NVR on a Mac computer which isn't running IE via a virtual machine? It would be great if there was a browser which allowed direct access to cameras and NVR on a Mac.

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
One question for bigredfish. I initalize one ipc camera to dahua nvr and the camera get the user and pass from this nvr. If i want to setup the camera to another nvr the user and pass will be the previous nvr user and pass?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
As long as you don’t mess with any network settings, it should adopt the new NVR login/pass.

I’ll test this today to be sure but I’m 99%

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
But when i plug the camera to the new nvr it will be with the old nvr password right? How can i give the camera new password without using a pc, directly from the new nvr?

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I had this happen the other day. One of my cameras insisted on a strong password when I logged into the gui for it for the first time. I changed it from the default and the nvr channel never blinked, all good. Upon rebooting the nvr, that channel wouldn't connect and then showed a message, account locked. Obviously the new password wasn't jiving with what the nvr had saved for it. In the remote tab on the nvr, I modified the password to the new camera password and saved it. No dice, didn't work. I logged back into the camera gui and suddenly the video came up on the channel. Back in the nvr remote tab I clicked on the modify pencil and it was obvious the nvr now adopted the new password from the camera. I saved that immediately and all was well. I can unplug and plug in the camera and that password sticks now. So with poe NVR's it remains paramount to be able to still hit the cameras directly because any miscommunication between the two is always sorted from the camera side, not the nvr. The newer NVR's have a convenient way to do that built in but the old standby way of doing it with connecting a laptop or netbook to a poe port should still be understood if all else fails.

I think the cameras default password of admin/admin is what poe NVR's are looking for, not the nvr password. Maybe on the newer models but that's not what I see in my 4208-8p nvr. That's why it's best to just hook up a new camera to a poe nvr without noodling with the camera beforehand. No reason to change the default password of the camera if it's gonna be in a poe nvr.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
1- I know with 100% certainty that when you plug a new Dahua camera into a newish Dahua NVR PoE port, it will adopt the login/pass of the NVR

2- if I then login to the camera via the blue IE icon while connected to the NVR and change the password, it will save and it will pass that new password to the NVR. I can close the camera GUI , login back in with the new password ****as long as I dont unplug the camera or reboot the NVR.

3- if I then unplug the camera from the NVR and plug it back in, and wait for it to be recognized by the NVR by itself, ( patience is key here, it can take a minute or 5 min, don’t force it. Go have a smoke and just friken wait!) it has a red indicator and Can Not be accessed via the blue IR icon.

4- The NVR did not save the new password. So I click the pencil icon, edit the new password credentials I assigned the camera, hit save and refresh and the indicator turns green and I can once again and forever afterward access the camera from the IE icon using the new password I set in step 2

So what this tells us is that after changing the password on the camera from the original set by the NVR, you must go back to the pencil Edit icon and tell the NVR you changed the camera password.

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Cool. So how is it that it can be confirmed the camera adopts the nvr password? If you put the camera back on a LAN and log into it you can only get in with the nvr password that it received? And by nvr password you're referring to the admin password that you change to a (obviously) strong specific?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The camera adopts the NVR password upon initial connection as long as you don’t change it , it will forever be the same as the NVR login

Yes If you then disconnect it and plug into an external switch , it retains the initial password from the NVR

Yes the admin pass of the NVR whatever that originally was set when the camera is first plugged in.

Last edited:

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm not questioning your info- I'm retaining what I didn't know for future reference when I inevitably run into this type of thing. Thanks man!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
All good, I was just trying to be as clear and concise as possible

CAM 69

n3wb
Reaction score
Just an update guys. Reset everything, created new passwords, and followed instructions on here. All working (for now!)
Thanks to everyone.

Attachments

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
As much of a pain it can be, everything is really confirmed right when you reboot the nvr after all the tweaks. Then you sit...and watch...and hope the kids finally play nice together in the sand box! This is the only way to be (mostly) certain you won't have to deal with this again if there's a power outage and such.

Btw- I wasn't sure I got this all correct until I saw port numbers for each channel, not 37777 as I see in your pic. But anyway, good luck!

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Just an update guys. Reset everything, created new passwords, and followed instructions on here. All working (for now!)
Thanks to everyone.

Awesome!
It would be nice to verify but I think you will not be able to access the cameras direct with the IE icon due to the splitter and them using port 37777. So I guess all of your changes will have to be made on the NVR unless you connect to them via a switch....