Spot what's wrong

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Thank you.
But I do not have the option to click on the blue E - as you can see it is greyed out.

1- The IE icon is gray because the login/pass credentials the NVR has to communicate with the cameras are not correct. This is why the Status dots are red and not green as well.

• A) When you plug a camera into a PoE NVR, the NVR will try and change the password to the same as the NVR. So click the pencil icon and enter the login/password for each camera to be the same as the NVR in the popup box. Hit OK and Save.
  • If for some reason the NVR password doesnt work, try the last known password you set on the camera.
  • Now wait a minute or two and hit Refresh at the bottom. If the dot turns green the IE button will light up

This is the popup box you will see when you click the Pencil Edit icon. it DOES NOT CHANGE anything on the camera. It is the credentials the NVR uses to contact the camera. It must match what the login/pass is on the camera in order for the IE icons to light up and the Status to turn green
EditCameraCredentials.jpg

Last edited:

CAM 69

n3wb
Reaction score
Done all that - still no joy. I will contact the company who installed it.

CAM 69

n3wb
Reaction score
@bigredfish how would I type in the ip address of the camera if the nvr IP is 198.168.1.108
and one camera is 10.1.1.68 - how should it look like in the browser?

I think I am down to not knowing the password/username of the cameras.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You can't reach the cameras by IP if they are using the PoE ports and switch in the NVR wihout using the IE icon link. The cameras are on a 10.1.1.x net and your computer is on a different subnet (192.168.1.x) and you cant talk between them.

You could alternately, for temporaryily reaching them, plug your laptop into one of the PoE ports on the NVR. It will assign your laptop an IP in the 10.1.1.x range so now you are on the same subnet as the cameras. From there you would be able to type 10.1.1.68 into a browser and reach the camera directly. You will need the login pass of the camera though..

CAM 69

n3wb
Reaction score
You can't reach the cameras by IP if they are using the PoE ports and switch in the NVR wihout using the IE icon link. The cameras are on a 10.1.1.x net and your computer is on a different subnet (192.168.1.x) and you cant talk between them.

You could alternately, for temporaryily reaching them, plug your laptop into one of the PoE ports on the NVR. It will assign your laptop an IP in the 10.1.1.x range so now you are on the same subnet as the cameras. From there you would be able to type 10.1.1.68 into a browser and reach the camera directly. You will need the login pass of the camera though..
If i did that would there be a forgot password option?
Looks like I have to do a hard reset of each camera.

Thanks for the help.

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Isn’t the problem that it has a port # 3777 and not the physical port number from the POE? On my unit, I can’t access any camera that isn’t plugged directly into the POE and not through a external switch or extender.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes because he’s using a splitter to try and run 4 cams on one PoE port like you did. That’s why I referenced your posts.

Which is apparently fine, but he won’t have access to the the camera GUI, he’ll have to connect to the same net as camera first.

*And I see the mistake in my last post, he still won’t be able to access them on the 10.1.1.x net due to the port problem. You’re correct.

Like you, to access the cam GUI he’ll have to plug the camera into an external switch along with his laptop....... OR I wonder if he could plug the laptop into the same extender as the cameras and access them that way?

****Once we get this resolved I'd like to add your experience on the PSA if thats ok with you? Would ask you to proof read it for accuracy and give attribution.
I can see why this is not an ideal setup and had never encountered it before myself. Glad you had figured it out for us. Certainly not recommended for the average user as it prevents any access of the camera GUI without physically taking things down and temporarily setting them up on a different network segment...

Last edited:

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you read this post?
***PSA for those with a New DAHUA NVR with Built-in PoE switch

The 'Edit" icon (Pencil) on the NVR Registration page you showed is NOT where you can change anything on the camera. Its for matching the information already stored on the camera to the NVR so the NVR knows how to communicate with the camera.

The changes you need to make are on the camera itself. Clicking on the Blue IE icon you should go to a NEW Login WebPage that is the Camera interface.

*If when you click on the blue IE icon, you get the popup edit screen you showed, there is another problem we need to solve first.
Bigredfish, no fence but why is better to get the initialize from a pc than the nvr? I made few installs with nvr initialize without pc and it is very easy. The only thing i have found is that when you setup period for ivs is better to do it from the camera setting and not from the nvt

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Perhaps in the new NVRs you can initialize the NVR via IP address/web GUI? I know I was not able to on older hybrids.... honestly I’ve not tried it. Are you saying the machine automatically assigns the reachable 192.168.1.108 IP upon first connection to the network and allows the whole initialize process via the web GUI now?

New to me and that would certainly be helpful if it does....would do away with the need to access the horrible machine interface...

I suppose that would still be a problem if your internal LAN was something other than 192.168.1.x .....

Yes I still recommend making camera setting changes and IVS directly in the camera.

Last edited:

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just start up the nvr set the password and the plug in the cameras, then you have to initialize the cameras for the first time and set an ip to them but it doesnt matter what ip you give because the nvr will assigne them an ip and done. But if you try the ivs rules from nvr to get notify when trigger it will send you 24h. If you set the period from camera setting by clicking the IE icon it is ok.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
I just start up the nvr set the password and the plug in the cameras, then you have to initialize the cameras for the first time and set an ip to them but it doesnt matter what ip you give because the nvr will assigne them an ip and done. But if you try the ivs rules from nvr to get notify when trigger it will send you 24h. If you set the period from camera setting by clicking the IE icon it is ok.
EDITED:
Correct agree.

Last edited:

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im not sure i understand your question.my lan in home is 10.0.0.1. I set the nvr ip to this address. And the cameras is on nvrs ip 10.1.1.65 and so on

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
So how did you access the NVR GUI before it had an IP address? How did you originally set the NVR IP to 10.0.0.x address?

Maybe I missed what you said. I dont use a PC to initialize the NVR, just a Monitor and mouse.
I use the PC to access the Web GUI of the cameras after that via the IE icon and initialize the cameras via the web GUI

Last edited:

Opeth

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes connect the nvr to monitor by hdmi and set the basic setup then you change the ip of the nve to whatever you want

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The NVR machine interface sucks. After initializing the NVR via keyboard and mouse, I recommend using the Web GUI from there on out to initialize the cameras and make camera setting changes.

Can you do most of this from the NVR machine interface without a PC? YES but it sucks and there are some functions that simply do not appear on the NVR machine interface for fine control and you have to be at the NVR machine to do it.

Once initialized, it is far better to use the Web GUI from that point on to manage the system