Spot what's wrong

CAM 69

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I am Chris, a new member from UK. Have a NVR: DHI-NVR2104-P-4KS2 and 4 x Camera: DH-IPC-HFW5231E-Z12E with an external POE switch upstairs, NVR downstairs.

Power cut at weekend, one camera failed to find host on restart. DId a bit of fiddling (oops!) and now no picture on any camera! These are now the default settings, ie everything off, unplug, then restart.

Image enclosed, any guidance appreciated.

Attachments

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Those are all NVR internal switch IP's... are you sure you dont have them plugged into PoE ports on the NVR? At least one on .67 seems to be... Unless you have a single external switch plugged into a single PoE port of the NVR and are trying to get that one port to issue IPs to all 4 cameras?

Delete all cameras from the bottom pane
Reboot NVR
Have a beer and wait a while

The pencil icon will allow you to edit the login/pass for each camera that the NVR sees (it doesnt change the password, its simply there to allow you to enter the RIGHT password for the camera so the NVR can talk to it)...by default, when plugged into the PoE ports, new cameras will assume the NVR login/pass credentials..

CAM 69

n3wb
Reaction score
Those are all NVR internal switch IP's... are you sure you dont have them plugged into PoE ports on the NVR? At least one on .67 seems to be... Unless you have a single external switch plugged into a single PoE port of the NVR and are trying to get that one port to issue IPs to all 4 cameras?

Delete all cameras from the bottom pane
Reboot NVR
Have a beer and wait a while

The pencil icon will allow you to edit the login/pass for each camera that the NVR sees (it doesnt change the password, its simply there to allow you to enter the RIGHT password for the camera so the NVR can talk to it)...by default, when plugged into the PoE ports, new cameras will assume the NVR login/pass credentials..
Thank you!

I will delete them reboot and wait, but can't remove channel 3. I have a tp link on the poe switch upstairs and another plugged into the nvr.

CAM 69

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to update. Still no joy.

You are correct one port plugged in, trying to serve 4 cams. Would that make a difference as to how to resolve this.

A company installed this for me and i am learning as i go.

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ok here's one of the threads that mentions it, I think there was another... I'll keep looking
Help with IP conflicts and POE networking
Yes, this was the issue I had at startup.
Unplug all but one camera from the upstairs switch. Once the that camera is online, access the cameras setting, change the IP address to 10.1.1.101 and UNSELECT "Enable ARP/Ping to set IP address service".
Plug in the next camera, change the ip to 10.1.1.102 and unselect "Enable ARP/Ping to set IP address service". And so on.

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
As of late, Dahua NVR's are very capable of going out and changing cameras static IP's to dynamic, and re assigning them. I have seen this several times, especially when you are running a switch as a uplink using the POE connections in the back. It happened to me twice in the past few months after a power outage. 2 of the cams had the same Ip address and caused me some hell before I figured out what was going on. prior to that, All the cams were set to static. Perhaps the power outage spiked them but Ido not think so because everything was intact. Here is what I had to do to fix this. Unplug ALL cameras from the NVR, Reset or default the camera section on the nvr so everything gets cleared. Nothing should be showing on your ports at this point. Add any cameras that have a direct poe connection first, then add one by one the cams sitting behind the switch. Looking at your picture, it seems 3 of your cams have the same IP address and that is what was going on with mine also. You may want to check them and make sure that is not the case before you default your ports.

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Disclamer: I have 2 months experience with with NVRs but a a decent head on my shoulders. The cameras don't have to be plugged directly into the NVR, just the only one plugged into the switch. As I said previously, one by one change the IP address and unclick the "Enable ARP/Ping to set IP address service" so that the NVR can not change the IP address back. Afterwards default the camera section, plug them all in, perform a search, and then add them in the order you want them displayed.

My setup:

Port1 Direct to POE Channel 1
Port2 to POE Extender Channels 2, 5, 6
Port5 to POE Extender Channels 3, 4
Channel 7 is camera connected to home 192.x.x.x LAN
Port8 Direct to POE Channel 8
Port9 Direct to POE Channel 9
Port10 Direct to POE Channel 10

Attachments

HMC8403

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Thank you but I do not have the option to unselect ARP/PING.
Not on the NVR but when logged directly into the camera. Remember a new or reset camera will have an IP address of 192.168.1.108, the "Enable ARP/Ping to set IP address service" allows the NVR to assign a new address to work in the NVR's subnet. The NVR will assign the same predetermined ip to any and every camera plugged into a specific port on the POE (i.e port1 = 10.1.1.67); so if 3 cameras are plugged into port1 via a switch, they ae all given the same IP which creates a conflict.

During my initial setup I changed the ip's one by one but didn't unselect the "Enable ARP/Ping to set IP address service"; after rebooting the NVR, those ip changes where overwritten and had to do it all over again.

Attachments

CAM 69

n3wb
Reaction score
You all seem to be using different software that I have (with a grey backgound). I am using version 4.000 of the nvr software. WhenI type 192.168.1.108 in to my PC web browser I can access the interface of the nvr, but the options with version 4.000 seem very limited - I haven't got the ARP/Ping option.

I have tried using the dahua config tool, but it does not pick up any cameras, just the NVR.
How would I access these cameras directly, as I am unsure of their ISP and have no software to do this.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
See this.

CAM 69

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, i now understand the switch and ip address but -

My version 4.000 software appears limited
I cannot edit and save an ip address for any camera
No cameras are found on any ip software available
One of the 10.1.1.67 address will not even try and change
I compared an image of the working system settings with what i have now all cameras were listed as port j7777 none had port 3
I do not seem to have the right log in details for the cameras

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Did you read this post?
***PSA for those with a New DAHUA NVR with Built-in PoE switch

The 'Edit" icon (Pencil) on the NVR Registration page you showed is NOT where you can change anything on the camera. Its for matching the information already stored on the camera to the NVR so the NVR knows how to communicate with the camera.

The changes you need to make are on the camera itself. Clicking on the Blue IE icon you should go to a NEW Login WebPage that is the Camera interface.

*If when you click on the blue IE icon, you get the popup edit screen you showed, there is another problem we need to solve first.

Last edited:

CAM 69

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you read this post?
***PSA for those with a New DAHUA NVR with Built-in PoE switch

The 'Edit" icon (Pencil) on the NVR Registration page you showed is NOT where you can change anything on the camera. Its for matching the information already stored on the camera to the NVR so the NVR knows how to communicate with the camera.

The changes you need to make are on the camera itself. Clicking on the Blue IE icon you should go to a NEW Login WebPage that is the Camera interface.

*If when you click on the blue IE icon, you get the popup edit screen you showed, there is another problem we need to solve first.

CAM 69

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you.
But I do not have the option to click on the blue E - as you can see it is greyed out.

Attachments