Starlight comes to Dashcams -IPC-MW4231A-E2 2MP Dual Lens Dash Camera

Reaction score
Interested as well, the wife has caught some crazy stuff on the crappy dash cam she already has just driving back and forth to work. In Colorado litigation is virtually guaranteed after an accident, so prefer to have video evidence.
Does this just work standalone with SD card, or does it need something like their video recorder (MNVR8104-GFW)? Eager to see review/video from whoever the first pioneer of one of these is.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thoughts on the BlackVue DR900s? Apparently it uses a SONY STARVIS Sensor. I am also in the market for a dashcam after having two of my vehicles vandalized within the last few weeks. Ideally a 2 channel with parking mode.

BlackVue DR900S-2CH - 4K UHD + Full HD Two-Channel Cloud Dashcam
The BlackVue was originally supposed to have a Sony sensor up front but it was switched out before release for an Omnivision - I did a firmware analysis a while back over on Dashcamtalk and the specs were:

Soc: HiSilicon Hi3559
Front: OmniVision OS08A10
Rear: Sony IMX290 / 291 (both are in the code)

Last edited:

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Details as to how it connects to vehicle, What is included as far as wiring, if it’s only the M12 connector cable then a “how to” and what is needed for the install would be nice.

Nothing in the user manual except pin out.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Details as to how it connects to vehicle, What is included as far as wiring, if it’s only the M12 connector cable then a “how to” and what is needed for the install would be nice.

Nothing in the user manual except pin out.
That will be difficult to do, until someone gets one to test.

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was going to get a Blackvue. I may wait for one of these to get the full details

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That connector is a deal breaker for me.
I would have to find m12 connectors and make my own cords. One m12 to rj45 for computer and one m12 for hardwired connection to vehicle.
Ideal would be a connector to OBDII port and 12v battery discharge protection.
it can be done, just time consuming.

Reaction score
So is there just the one M12 connector (with both power and network or network+PoE?), or separate power and network connectors (and are they both M12)?

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So is there just the one M12 connector (with both power and network or network+PoE?), or separate power and network connectors (and are they both M12)?
Looks like just the one cable with the female m12

Pmedicj

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The pin-out looks easy enough. Just not user friendly here in the U.S. it can be done just a lot of work for this type of cable.

Too bad on many levels! The IPC-A46 consumer cam etc. awesome performance but nothing readily available.
This dash cam would sell like hot cakes if it was easily adaptable to a 12v system.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
In that part of the world they have a lot of incidents of people jumping on cars which is why they like bigger units which people can easily see. I had a dual channel Panorama X2 from Korea which had a huge orange flashing light on the front which changed when it saw motion to try and deter people. It was amazing how many people would slow down when they saw that going in their rear view mirror.

Over here in the West we do seem to prefer discrete units, from using a lot of dashcams the smaller ones do suffer heat issues like lens focus shifting. The Ring Pro doorbell I had suffered from the same problem.

Does the Dahua come with a 12v adaptor or do you have to make your own hookup?

Last edited:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
This dual lens model is good, but foam factor can still be improved, then considered worth buying. I've been using Viofo A119S and A119 (latest V2 models) and they do pretty decent at low light as well.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now you can take your Starlight with you....
IPC-MW4231A-E2
2MP Dual Lens Dash Camera

https://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/productDetail/23997

These support RTSP/Onvif so they likely can be used as small inconspicuous cameras around the house. Note the m12 connection.
I have this cam now from @EMPIRETECANDY for a review. Anyone got any leads as to where I might source a M12 6 pin male plug to a Rj45 converter?
I did find this combo that has a male plug, I assume this would work in a pinch?
Waterproof Connector LLT-USA M12 IP67 6 Pin Field Assembly Male and Female plug 611138679534 | eBay

I struck out looking at Allied, Mouser and Digi-key for a 6pin.

Here is the cams pinout.
upload_2018-9-4_16-18-0.png

As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.