Status message --- Events: request 00002ee2

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I saw the green triangle with an exclamation mark thinking it's an error status. I do have IVS rules set up on the cams to include snapshot text message and BI5 setup for PullPointSuscrption. Blue Iris didn't log any alerts related to these particular Events: request 00002ee2. I took a look at recorded videos at the timestamps for these cams and noted that it appears the cams are frozen for several seconds. Clearly, the message is telling me something happened but I haven't figured out why the cams froze. Cams are signaling a problem but I don't know what to look at to fix it.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I saw the green triangle with an exclamation mark thinking it's an error status. I do have IVS rules set up on the cams to include snapshot text message and BI5 setup for PullPointSuscrption. Blue Iris didn't log any alerts related to these particular Events: request 00002ee2. I took a look at recorded videos at the timestamps for these cams and noted that it appears the cams are frozen for several seconds. Clearly, the message is telling me something happened but I haven't figured out why the cams froze. Cams are signaling a problem but I don't know what to look at to fix it.
make sure you are not using a smart or + codec. Video freezing can also be the result of dropped packets.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Smart Codec is off on all the cams. I'm using H.264H instead of H.264. Is H.264H a "+" mode? Interestingly enough, the three cams with the occasional freeze issue are all the same type of cam IPC-T5442TM-AS...the other four types of Dahua cams I have so far are not reporting Events: request 00002ee2

Capture.JPG

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Smart Codec is off on all the cams. I'm using H.264H instead of H.264. Interestingly enough, the three cams with the occasional freeze issue are all the same type of cam IPC-T5442TM-AS...the other four types of Dahua cams I have so far are not reporting Events: request 00002ee2

View attachment 55241
Events: request 00002ee2 is not an error related to the freezing.

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Events: request 00002ee2 is not an error related to the freezing.
Thanks for you help...at this point I'm barking up the wrong tree and need to start a new thread in the Dahua forum section as this isn't BI causing a issue but rather reporting what it's receiving from the IP cams.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you ever sort this I noticed mine doing this a lot its seems its missing the event recording in blue iris but I am unsure why? The recording is actually on the hard drive but the alert of the person walking is not.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Did you ever sort this I noticed mine doing this a lot its seems its missing the event recording in blue iris but I am unsure why? The recording is actually on the hard drive but the alert of the person walking is not.
Are you using the cameras motion detection via onvif or the blue iris motion detection.

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I am using the onvif as detection it picks up on the front a moment ago a lady walking a dog but as she go to the corner it is missing the event on the rear cam. Yet its recording events after the this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
it picks up on the front a moment ago a lady walking a dog but as she go to the corner it is missing the event on the rear cam. Yet its recording events after the this.
i dont understand what this means.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Simple question.
Are you using motion detection in the camera or in BI? (answers:BI,Camera,BOTH)

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Motion in the camera, @fenderman basically I am saying the front camera picked up an event of the person walking and the side camera did not instead I got a few error codes. Today I am rewiring all my cameras which I am dreading it to be honest!

Going to make my own cat 6 cable struggled to buy some premade eithernet with the damn virus.