Stored Videos from Web Portal Not Shown

hart henry

n3wb
Reaction score
I am getting much closer. I reinstalled the K-lite codecs and that seemed to do the trick. I think I originally downloaded the K-lite from your webpage (support/3rd party), however, I noticed the link you provided me on this forum took me to a different place. Nevertheless, those codecs are working great! Thx.

I still have the issue with the XX Second pre-roll of film prior to an event -- I have created a new thread here if someone could help point me to the errors of my ways.

Moving forward with the Dummy camera idea you had -- I am getting good results now. I have been able to create a Dummy camera, block it out by stating it is a "Screen Capture - Blackness". When I navigate to the WEB portal on another system, I do see this video (although no thumbnail - but that is not a showstopper). I have noticed that the codec used in the WEB version is somewhat sensitive, and I used Handbrake to recode the video to a H.264 (although glacially slow) - things are working!!! The video is too FAT to push over the pipe and the WEB portal is yelling at me, but this is fixable on my side. I still have more work/automation to do, however, looks like things are a-go over here!!!

Thanks again for all your help -- the software and support provide here at BI is really great -- I wish you all the best, and looking forward to working with you more in the future.