Substream shows only the middle portion of main strea

New Daddy

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
For some of my cameras - not all - , the substream displays only the middle portion of the main stream.
I guess the camera crops the main stream rather than shoots with a lower resolution.
This is inconvenient, because now the motion detection will only be triggered by only the dead center of the whole scene.

Is there a fix for this?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For some of my cameras - not all - , the substream displays only the middle portion of the main stream.
I guess the camera crops the main stream rather than shoots with a lower resolution.
This is inconvenient, because now the motion detection will only be triggered by only the dead center of the whole scene.

Is there a fix for this?
You are doing something wrong. Ensure you are not digitally zoomed in.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Try changing the sub stream resolution in the camera's options, and look at other settings. There might be one to let you change the image scaling method from cropping to binning or skipping.

I had some cruddy chinese 5mp cameras that did this but that was years ago. Every resolution was a different crop of the full frame. The only ones that were full frame were native 5mp resolution and one of the resolutions around 1mp. That camera had a bin/skip option but it did not make a visual difference.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I got the same problem with a crappy Chinese camera.
I checked the Anamorphic (force size) box and the problem went away.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
I got the same problem with a crappy Chinese camera.
I checked the Anamorphic (force size) box and the problem went away.
The box in Blue Iris? Or did your camera have a checkbox like that too? All Blue Iris would be able to do is rescale the video the camera sent; not add missing video to a previously cropped video.

holiday

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The box in Blue Iris? Or did your camera have a checkbox like that too? All Blue Iris would be able to do is rescale the video the camera sent; not add missing video to a previously cropped video.

the box in blue iris.. but now it is grayed out.. can't untick it now..
not sure what happened. also the size changed.. was 1920 x 1080 previously before i ticked the box..

checkbox.jpg