Suggestion for smarter PTZ control

Andy Li

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a multicamera setup but I have been wondering about the possibility of adding a feature that say camera A is a fixed camera but has a wide field of view and camera B is a PTZ camera in a similar location to camera A.

I want to have functionality where camera A can have a trigger setup such that if motion is detected on Zone A, then send Camera B to preset 1. And if motion is detected on camera A in zone B then camera B will move to preset 2.

Such cross camera functionality were one trigger can lead a PTZ camera to move to a preset would be EXTREMELY helpful.

I don't like having my PTZ cameras patrol all day in a repetitive and predictable routine, functionality where PTZ cameras focus on areas of detected activity would be much more smart in my opinion.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
this is already possible I believe.. might require cloning.

Andy Li

n3wb
Reaction score
The problem I have the solution above is that my PTZ camera uses onvif protcol and it doesn't support using a URL to give it PTZ commands.

So right now I actually have written my own custom workaround that uses a server and client that I wrote in C# in visual studio in order to relay the PTZ commands.

The server I wrote basically establishes a connection with the camera and the individual client programs, one for each preset basically act as a trigger mechanism to send presets to the camera. My current setup currently uses Blue Iris to call an .exe client to sent the server to send the ptz command to the camera.

It'd be nice to have a explicit option to send PTZ presets to another camera inside Blue Iris that works with onvif protocols. Took me about 2 days to create my haphazard custom solution using Visual Studio.

Thanks for the fast response.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you want it built in you need to email support...

Oblique

n3wb
Reaction score
I had success using JsonBI to perform the same thing you are attempting. I cloned a wide angle and targeted a specific area for motion detection. When the hidden clone activated, the PTZ moved to a preset of the target area, then returned to its former preset.

This thread and the referenced file download and directions - post #5 by Dalepa - were all the reference needed.

I have since changed my camera setup and no longer use the JsonBI method, but it really worked well at the time.

mavlon

n3wb
Reaction score
This is the method (BICommand) I just iplemented. It works well.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

labbie48

n3wb
Reaction score
What I would be interested in is a way to (at a certain time), move to a certain preset and then at another tome move back to the original preset. For example, during office hours front door is monitored then after hours, it moves to a different preset. Then at say opening hours, it moves back to the original preset.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
What I would be interested in is a way to (at a certain time), move to a certain preset and then at another tome move back to the original preset. For example, during office hours front door is monitored then after hours, it moves to a different preset. Then at say opening hours, it moves back to the original preset.
Blue iris already supports this function...camera properties>schedule>event schedule