Suggestion Required Is ADT alarm system gives you peace of mind and Security?

elleyjames

n3wb
Reaction score
ADT have been protecting homes and business for over 100 years, continually striving for excellence in product innovation and customer service.But at that time
ADT alarm system gives you peace of mind and security. Please do suggest me....Thank's for reply.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
ADT have been protecting homes and business for over 100 years, continually striving for excellence in product innovation and customer service.But at that time
ADT alarm system gives you peace of mind and security. Please do suggest me....Thank's for reply.
This sounds like spam, but regardless...ADT is a TOTAL scam. The system they install, is completely wireless, which you can install on your own. They lock you into a high priced monitoring service and will charge you insane prices if you want to add a sensor or anything.
DO NOT USE ADT.

Just buy your system from here Home Security Store: DIY, Alarm Systems, Home Security, Home Automation
You can use your own monitoring service like alarmrelay.com

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Sounds like a poorly worded spam, as mentioned.

I have ADT stickers on all my doors. Bought them off ebay years back for $10. Legit ADT stickers. Never installed an alarm system. I have those stickers plus a few cameras, though no alarm system. I've never been able to find one that reviewed well at a monthly rate I felt fair. I also checked out how much lower my insurance rates would be and the decrease was so tiny I used this data point to tell me my insurance company has already identified me as a very low burglary risk.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
ADT is the worst alarm service you could possibly join!!! Overpriced old equipment with overpriced monitoring services that nickle and dime every customer!!

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yep, alarmrelay.com is the way to go. Only runs about $10 a month. My parents were paying almost $50 a month to ADT, so I installed an alarm system from Home Security Store and signed them up with alarmrelay. I did the same at my home. Been with them for 3+ years.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Alarm Relay is whom I use also. Great company!!!! I was thinking of switching and trying Alarm.com.

jayzie

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah alarm.com is better

Sent from my FT 4008 using Tapatalk

whoslooking

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Now this is a topic for me to laugh at.
100% Crap from ADT in the UK. monitoring charges at £30 a month for 3 years
Plus an Installation cost, to add an extra dual tech £200+
Now here is the biggest and worst part an Installation Engineer for ADT is Paid around £22,000 a year before tax.

I have worked over the years for some of the biggest security companies in the world, and they treat installation and service staff like S#!t.

Now if you can install a ip camera, you can install a wireless intruder alarm system yourself.
Most kits now come pre programmed so all you do is screw it to the wall.
Don't get ripped of by the likes of ADT,
Guess how much they would charge you for to install an IP Camera?
Well the simple answer to that is they can't they have to sub - contact that out.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What would be a good tripwire type alarm for a person to install? I currently have a PIR wireless driveway monitor that works great, but it has no way to hook it up to a CCTV setup or anything. It just beeps when someone trips it for you to hear while you are at home.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Why would you need a trip wire when if you setup a cam and use Blue Iris, you can set an alert sound for that specific cam.

badmop

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I just imagined it'd be better, I do that with other motion detection, but I've read around here some are against motion detection on cameras.

blake

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Some are, yes you are correct. The other way is to use a system like optex beams to reduce false alerts and you can tie them into an alarm console like the 2GIG system.