Suggestions - Looking for a good "Mini" 4MP PTZ

Elton Noway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times already... I found a similar thread here asking the same question... but its last activity was in 2017.

I don't need auto tracking or facial recognition... just a good quality "mini" PTZ - POE, ONVIF compatible camera - with the best video quality available in todays market. I am aware I can get better features and functions with a larger camera but due to the intended mounting location detracting from our house... the wife says No! I found this Youtube Video from Nellys showing off a 4MP Mini PTZ POE Fully Weatherproof 2.8-12mm W/ IR Night Vision NSC-2A4-PTZ... but I cant find much in the way of consumer reviews or a competitive camera with similar or better features other than the Hikvision DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3/W 4MP which appears to be the same camera. In either case... both are the size I was hoping for... that said, I might be able to sell the wife on a "slightly" larger one if its not too much bigger... maybe along the lines of a Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE (a nice camera but $800 bucks is more than I want to spend)
Any suggestions? Thanks!
NSC-2A4-PTZ 4MP.jpg

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times already... I found a similar thread here asking the same question... but its last activity was in 2017.

I don't need auto tracking or facial recognition... just a good quality "mini" PTZ - POE, ONVIF compatible camera - with the best video quality available in todays market. I am aware I can get better features and functions with a larger camera but due to the intended mounting location detracting from our house... the wife says No! I found this Youtube Video from Nellys showing off a 4MP Mini PTZ POE Fully Weatherproof 2.8-12mm W/ IR Night Vision NSC-2A4-PTZ... but I cant find much in the way of consumer reviews or a competitive camera with similar or better features other than the Hikvision DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3/W 4MP which appears to be the same camera. In either case... both are the size I was hoping for... that said, I might be able to sell the wife on a "slightly" larger one if its not too much bigger. Any suggestions? Thanks!
View attachment 89752
Hi @Elton Noway

What is the functional need you are looking to do with the camera?

Elton Noway

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi mat200... thanks for the reply. Basically I'm seeking a PTZ so I can have the ability to get a closer, zoomed in image so I can view activity in our drive way (100 ft away), as well as the sidewalk approaching the front door (a distance of 25 feet) and our mail box drop area which is 200 feet away. I currently use have three different wide angle cameras mounted around my house to monitor those areas (each is 8MP-128 degree with IR out to 130 feet) and all provide excellent image quality but viewing people and activity 100 - 200 feet away with a wide angle lens is less than ideal. I have a mounting location for a PTZ that would allow me to monitor all three areas and being able to pan and zoom in on those areas would be ideal. Something that will allow me to get closer to the action. Currently when viewing camera activy on my 20 inch monitor, my wide angle cameras and the distance out to the mailbox at 200ft... I can't differentiate male from female. They only appear as small figures about 1/4" tall.

Last edited:

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi mat200... thanks for the reply. Basically I'm seeking a PTZ so I can have the ability to get a closer, zoomed in image so I can view activity in our drive way (100 ft away), as well as the sidewalk approaching the front door (a distance of 25 feet) and our mail box drop area which is 200 feet away. I currently use have three different wide angle cameras mounted around my house to monitor those areas (each is 8MP-128 degree with IR out to 130 feet) and all provide excellent image quality but viewing people and activity 100 - 200 feet away with a wide angle lens is less than ideal. I have a mounting location for a PTZ that would allow me to monitor all three areas and being able to pan and zoom in on those areas would be ideal. Something that will allow me to get closer to the action. Currently when viewing camera activy on my 20 inch monitor, my wide angle cameras and the distance out to the mailbox at 200ft... I can't differentiate male from female. They only appear as small figures about 1/4" tall.
HI @Elton Noway

That particular model has a 4MP 1/3" sensors, which for many members is not preferred for low light image capture.

Do you plan to use the camera in low light conditions?

NSC-2A4-PTZ 4MP Weatherproof Mini PTZ IP Security Camera 2.8-12mm
1/3" progressive scan CMOS
Up to 2560 x 1440 @ 24fps Resolution

Flavacali

n3wb
Reaction score

I don't need auto tracking or facial recognition... just a good quality "mini" PTZ - POE, ONVIF compatible camera - with the best video quality available in todays market. I am aware I can get better features and functions with a larger camera but due to the intended mounting location detracting from our house... the wife says No! I found this Youtube Video from Nellys showing off a 4MP Mini PTZ POE Fully Weatherproof 2.8-12mm W/ IR Night Vision NSC-2A4-PTZ... but I cant find much in the way of consumer reviews or a competitive camera with similar or better features other than the Hikvision DS-2DE2A404IW-DE3/W 4MP which appears to be the same camera. In either case... both are the size I was hoping for... that said, I might be able to sell the wife on a "slightly" larger one if its not too much bigger... maybe along the lines of a Hikvision DS-2DE4A425IW-DE (a nice camera but $800 bucks is more than I want to spend)
Any suggestions? Thanks!
View attachment 89752
Amazon has the DS-2DE4A425IW-DE for $548

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
^^^ A 1/2.5" sensor is not very good at night unless the shutter speed is so low all motion ends up a big blur. Even 1/2.8" cameras are marginal at night. Current sensor for night vision is 1/1.8" or bigger.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A PTZ will be pointing in the wrong direction when the action occurs. Use multiple cameras to cover the entire area in detain. The true action lasts just a few seconds, are you going to be sitting there waiting for it to occur.

If you can not ID the bad guy your camera system failed, you have wasted your money.

IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED . Review IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED (Full Color, Starlight+) - 4MP starlight
.................... Dahua IPC-T5442TM-AS-LED review
IPC-T5442TM-AS ..... Review-OEM 4mp AI Cam IPC-T5442TM-AS Starlight+ - 4MP starlight+
IPC-HDW5442t-ZE .... Dahua IPC-HDW5442T-ZE 4MP Varifocal Turret - Night Perfomance testing -- variable focus 2.7 mm-12mm 4 MP Starlight
IPC-B5442E-ZE ...... Review - OEM IPC-B5442E-ZE 4MP AI Varifocal Bullet Camera With Starlight+ -- variable 2.7mm-12mm bullet
IPC-B5442E-Z4E .... bullet 8mm-32mm variable focus zoom 4MP

Read,study,plan before spending money ..... plan plan plan
Doing it right the first time will save you money.
Test do not guess