Suggestions please

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Andy,

I stumbled upon this sight and you, a couple weeks ago and have a few questions please.
I want to upgrade my old analog 16ch DVR system with a Dahua IP POE NVR 16ch system.
I would probably start with 8-10 cameras at first. I would like the NVR to be able to record as many channels at 4k for future upgrades as possible.
Attached is the views I have now if this would help with suggestions.
Can you pleaseCamera views.png make suggestions and price estimates ?

Thank you
Nickolas

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please read the cliff notes and other items in the wiki. The wiki is in the blue bar at the top of the page.

Read,study,plan before spending money

What is more important night vision or 4K ?

I recommend the starlight cameras for great night vision.

Andy at Empire Tech. is The go guy for Dahua equipment excellent service and quick response. If you need information or direct pricing email him
email: kingsecurity2014@163.com

Aliexpress store: Empire Technology Co., Ltd - Small Orders Online Store, Hot Selling and more on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group
or
his Amazon store: https://www.amazon.com/s?tag=ipctk-...3EBQGJF&merchant=A329YQ83EBQGJF&redirect=true

Your current camera layout needs work, it is great for seeing what happened, but next to useless for identifying who did it.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks SY,
I wasn't sure how to get intouch with Andy other then here.
I have been reading quite a bit including cliff notes and reviews. I am working long weird hours as we had 2 people walk out on a 6 man service team that covers 7/24. So my time on here is kinda limited.

I will most likely do several Starlights around entry doors, and other areas. Would like some longer viewing options in driveway and shop area.

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks SY,
I wasn't sure how to get intouch with Andy other then here.
I have been reading quite a bit including cliff notes and reviews. I am working long weird hours as we had 2 people walk out on a 6 man service team that covers 7/24. So my time on here is kinda limited.

I will most likely do several Starlights around entry doors, and other areas. Would like some longer viewing options in driveway and shop area.
EmpireTech Andy
See the len's calculator in the cliff notes

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome @Baldcamman

Plan to add another camera at the front door, lower - ideally at face level - I like the Dahua OEM 2MP starlight mini-dome wedge for that location.

Baldcamman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks guys
The house is brick, that is the reason it is up so high. Have no way of getting over that door to go down wall or through brick.

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any suggestion would be appreciated
Hi @Baldcamman

We've discussed it here a number of times - suggest searching for "brick camera install" or something along those lines.

Many newer constructions the brick is only a facade.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In most modern brick houses there is a space between the insulation and the brick. Drop the poe ethenet cable between. Drill out the mortor, not the brick.