Suitable hardware to run BI - Lenovo M900 SFF

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at setting up a new BI server and have read through all the cliff notes and gone through quite a few posts. I'm looking at getting a "Lenovo M900 SFF PC I5-6500 3.20Ghz".

I need it for 8 cameras, 7x Dahua 5231 and a mini PTZ. From everything i've read i think it will be powerful enough but was hoping some of you BI experts could advice if it would be enough.

I will be using a 128gb (or 256gb) ssd for the os and 4Tb hdd for recording.

any advice appreciated!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm looking at setting up a new BI server and have read through all the cliff notes and gone through quite a few posts. I'm looking at getting a "Lenovo M900 SFF PC I5-6500 3.20Ghz".

I need it for 8 cameras, 7x Dahua 5231 and a mini PTZ. From everything i've read i think it will be powerful enough but was hoping some of you BI experts could advice if it would be enough.

I will be using a 128gb (or 256gb) ssd for the os and 4Tb hdd for recording.

any advice appreciated!
it will be more than sufficient. Make sure you dont overpay.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
thank you!! really appreciated.

I have found one for £199 gbp which looks pretty descent. I'm going to look around if i can get it cheaper but that seems like a reasonable price for what i need. I will make sure it has 8gb ram which should be fine i think.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’d make sure it has room for 2 full size hard drives, just makes it a bit more practical should the need arise.

Jagradang

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’d make sure it has room for 2 full size hard drives, just makes it a bit more practical should the need arise.
It only has room for one as it's small form factor. To fit 2 full sized hdd I would have to go for a full sized desktop. I'll keep that in mind though and keep looking if I find anything better.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk