Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
@ lulu5kamz
Try this:

Click on the image to enlarge !

@Larebear
I think many Chinese company's used the same software or modifications.
I have placed some SHDI sets with dvr, those used the same software and looks, also some other camera's and hidden camera's that are made in a PIR housing use the same as far i have seen.

Thanks, I will give that a try. :)

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
@ lulu5kamz
Try this:

Click on the image to enlarge !

@Larebear
I think many Chinese company's used the same software or modifications.
I have placed some SHDI sets with dvr, those used the same software and looks, also some other camera's and hidden camera's that are made in a PIR housing use the same as far i have seen.
vincenttor:
You are a genius! That worked like a charm. The presets now work, along with the use the the directional arrow buttons. I can also use the zoom in and zoom out buttons. Now if this rain will stop so I can go outside and install the camera. Here is the view I will have when I install the camera. The camera will actually be installed about 5 feet higher than this camera.

Cam17.20160121_081138.jpg

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
You might try to add this camera's IP to IE11's trusted site AND add it to the compatibility list as well.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
In between the rain showers today I was able to install the Sunba camera. Here are a couple of screen captures taken with Blue Iris. Tomorrow I will record a demo video and post a link to it in this thread. In the first picture the Sunba zoom level is set to zero. In the second picture the camera zoom level is at it's maximum 20. The car in the picture is located 564 feet (172 meters) from the camera according to Google Maps. I don't see any blurry sections in the image as far as I can tell. In my 2 Huisun cameras I do see blurry sections on the left side of the image on both cameras.

The only thing negative thing I can say about the camera is the tilt ability. Tilt is from zero to 90 degrees down. You will want to install this camera as high as possible. I installed this camera about 5 feet higher than the Huisun. At the higher zoom levels it cannot see the houses located at the top of the hill you see in the picture. Same thing when I point the camera downtown to look at the buildings. I can only see them up to a certain zoom level. I left a message for the seller asking if the camera had any setting to adjust this. I checked the listed special presets that the camera documentation had (including Preset 95) and didn't see any setting. If there is no setting, I'm wondering if you could maybe add some metal washers or some type of wedge at the bottom of the camera's mounting bracket to maybe tilt the camera up slightly. Anyway, we'll see what the seller says and I will post about it here.

As you might guess, playing with this camera is a lot of fun. This camera was purchased to mainly enjoy the view from our house up on this hill. There are a lot of places I can point the camera to and zoom in. At night, I found that it is better to turn off the IR lights as the night vision gets blinded with all the street lights below our house. You can see more details with items that have their own light at night if the camera is in day mode than the night mode. It looks like at night when I'm done playing with the camera, I'll switch it back to night mode and point it at the far end of our deck. I have a 12mm Hikvision pointed at the far end of the deck, and the Sunba will give me a much wider and longer view of the deck. We do get critters at night. Last month we had a coyote walk the complete length of our deck and then it turned around and walked back. A few months before that we had a curious deer walk about half the length of the deck before it turned around and walked back.

That's it for now. Look for a video post tomorrow.

Looking at the pictures below, it looks like image host resized the zoom at zero picture...sorry about that.

Zoom at zero

Zoom at 20X

Larebear

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the sample captures lulu5kamz. I'm trying to locate the house in the first pic that you zoomed in on in the second snapshot. So far I've been unsuccessful. It must be a long ways off. :)

Captures look great!

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for the captures, If you get chance, please post some night captures, I get my camera next Thursday.
Larebear, if you put the mouse right on the middle on the first picture, you can see the car to the left of the mouse.
Thanks again lulu5kamz.
Chewie

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Eggcellent! Can't wait to see some PTZ vid! Thanks lulu!

vincenttor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes at day time the image is very clear and sharp.
But at night on my cam (did not change any setting) it is very grainy if thats the word.
Where do you turn off the IR lights, can this be done in the menu ? (i have it connected temp on a nvr)

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
I know this is off topic, but does anyone mow their grass where you live ? Pictures look great !

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey, it's January. I don't cut my grass in January either. Neither do my neighbours. :)

I'll post the obligatory Huisun 10x MiniPTZ picture for illustration-
Cam12.20160120_004245_2.jpg

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes at day time the image is very clear and sharp.
But at night on my cam (did not change any setting) it is very grainy if thats the word.
Where do you turn off the IR lights, can this be done in the menu ? (i have it connected temp on a nvr)
Hello Vincenttor
The seller send me this information.
Regards.
Chewie

Attachments

Tinman

Known around here
Reaction score
Hey, it's January. I don't cut my grass in January either. Neither do my neighbours. :)

I'll post the obligatory Huisun 10x MiniPTZ picture for illustration-
Seems irrelevant to me ??

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Both the original uncut grass comment and my snow covered grass picture as humour aren't relevant to the Sunba discussion but do show differences in location at the same time of year. You did bring up an interesting point though. The zoomed in Sunba picture of that Beemer shows a guy who can afford two BMWs but apparently not a lawnmower. Here, that lawn would have had several cuttings before it got that tall and lush.

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You're not seeing conventional turf... that is simply winter annual grasses that emerge with our rains. A break in our damaging drought is welcome, as even real turf was straw dry due to rationing, and all it took was a few storms to make lush growth again. In February around Valentines, lawns return to the picture, mowed semi regularly as storms permit. The annual grasses dry and dessicate on their own in spring, but cam be scalped earlier, mainly due to fire prevention.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I'll be posting a video later today. I did get a message back from the seller regarding the tilt settings. There is no ability for the camera to go above zero degrees. Your only choice is to install the camera higher. I was hoping to install this camera without going up on the roof. I just might have to do that. In the meantime, I could possibly get a little more height by using one of those satellite eave mounts. A few years ago I installed a small digital TV antenna so we could get TV in our garage (this was before we added internet access in the garage) so we could watch TV while exercising on our treadmill. It worked out great, we get about 50 channels in the garage (we have Direct TV inside the house) including all the major networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX, and others). I was able to install it without going up on the roof. Perhaps I could install the camera on one of these. Here's what I used:

http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp?p=emv4

I will also post a video that shows the night vision. That may be in a day or so. I'm still trying to determine if things look best using the IR lights, or just leaving them turned off. I used one of the special presets in the camera to turn on or off the IR lights.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Both the original uncut grass comment and my snow covered grass picture as humour aren't relevant to the Sunba discussion but do show differences in location at the same time of year. You did bring up an interesting point though. The zoomed in Sunba picture of that Beemer shows a guy who can afford two BMWs but apparently not a lawnmower. Here, that lawn would have had several cuttings before it got that tall and lush.
We have been in drought conditions the last few years. This past summer the local water company restricted landscape watering to 2 days a week. Many houses nearby let their lawns die off. We managed to keep our lawn even though we were only watering 2 days a week. I mowed our lawn 2 days ago.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
Thanks for the cam pics and review. Glad you're making out decently in your drought. We never get anything like that here. Our average monthly rainfall in the summer is an inch a week. Two weeks without more than a sprinkle or two is a fairly long stretch. If it hits three weeks and the lawns stop growing quickly we call it a drought. Farmers have it the worst if their crops aren't "drought" resistant, but nothing we grow would survive without serious irrigation in places where they get REAL drought.