Sunba HZ507-20XB Mini Dome PTZ Camera

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello Guys
Well got my camera today, 6 days after I placed the order, I am impressed with the shipping.
I am missing the CD that comes with it I asked them to send me one.
It looks good, this camera is big compare to the huisun and the Hik's that I have.
Well I hope it works.
Lulu5- thanks for posting the videos they look very good.
Regards.
Chewie

Attachments

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello Guys
Well got my camera today, 6 days after I placed the order, I am impressed with the shipping.
It looks good, this camera is big compare to the huisun and the Hik's that I have.
Well I hope it works.
Regards.
Chewie
You really don't need the CD. All the files are located here:

http://sunba.net/sunba.html

I'm going to post how to reduce the noise level at night by making a change to one of the camera settings...stay tuned

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
I found a way to reduce the noise level in the image at night. You change the Night NT Level in the camera's web interface from the default setting of 3 to 5. Here are the before and after samples:

Sunba Night NT Level 3.jpgSunba Night NT Level 5.jpg

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Did this camera come with the mating boot for the RJ45 male end? I see the round female end appears to have a bayonet/cam style intended to provide a water tight connection.

Also, how are you weatherproofing your ends? I just ordered this camera, and would like to install it in a tree. I'll put a watertight box next to it, but I'm not quite sure how I will get the fat end of the pig tails into the box and sealed... Ideas?

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Good to know, it does change it slightly.
thanks
If you run the camera at night with the IR lights turned off, you can also reduce the noise level at night. Just change the Day NT Level setting from 3 to 5. You get the same amount of improvement.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
While there was no doubt with your pics that 5 made a good difference, I tried changing it last night while there were very light snow flurries. With the flurries, 3 was better. We'll see how it goes tonight (if mother nature cooperates). :p

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
While there was no doubt with your pics that 5 made a good difference, I tried changing it last night while there were very light snow flurries. With the flurries, 3 was better. We'll see how it goes tonight (if mother nature cooperates). :p
Maybe the snow makes the difference. No snow around here. I'd have to drive a few hundred miles to see some snow. We have other problems, like weeds growing out of control due to all the rain we've had the last month and a half. :)

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Hello Guys
Well I hope it works.
Regards.
Chewie
I was looking at TV mounts on Monoprice to see if could I could find one that would fit the small space I have. I figure since they are not that expensive, I might as well give it a try. Then I looked at the one you suggested from Amazon. I think I'm going to order that one. I'll install it upside down like you suggested and see what happens. I guess it's worth a try.

chewie

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I was looking at TV mounts on Monoprice to see if could I could find one that would fit the small space I have. I figure since they are not that expensive, I might as well give it a try. Then I looked at the one you suggested from Amazon. I think I'm going to order that one. I'll install it upside down like you suggested and see what happens. I guess it's worth a try.
here is another one from amazon, I thinks this one is more manageable.
Regards.
Chewie
[h=1]TILT MOUNT FLAT PANEL TV UP TO 40lbs VESA 75x75 100x100mm[/h]

by Installers Choice

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Did this camera come with the mating boot for the RJ45 male end? I see the round female end appears to have a bayonet/cam style intended to provide a water tight connection.

Also, how are you weatherproofing your ends? I just ordered this camera, and would like to install it in a tree. I'll put a watertight box next to it, but I'm not quite sure how I will get the fat end of the pig tails into the box and sealed... Ideas?
Are these what you were asking about? These were included with the camera. My camera did not ship with any screws for mounting. For weatherproofing, I use a similar method like alphawave7 does.

Sunba Cable Connectors.jpg

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I'm experiencing problems with this camera where the video pauses intermittently for anywhere from a few moments to many minutes (the last video frame stays on the screen during the pause). The pauses can take place moments apart to an hour or so apart. I've tested it and the same problem occurs on CMS or on Blue Iris. I've tested it with different Ethernet cables including cables from other cameras that don't have any issues. The audio never ceases, and my other cameras continue to work without a problem during this camera's pauses. Anything else I should try to fix this or did I just get a bad camera?

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
It's not been long enough to tell 100% for sure, but it appears that dropping the frame rate in the camera (via CMS) to 10fps is stopping the pauses (which isn't a computer issue as at the same time I also note the data throughput drop like a rock). Time will tell (and it's not my ideal solution as I have the horsepower in my computer to run it at the 25fps frame rate that I originally had it set to.)...

erkme73

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
How long is your cable? Is it cat5 or cat6? Have you tried to run other h.264 cameras over the same cable? It sounds like an interference or cross-talk issue. If you can, hook up a laptop/pc to the far end and run some large (5GB+) files over the line. See what your sustained/peak speeds are and how long it takes overall. If it's a gigabit connection, you should be running at 60-80 MEGABYTES per second. If it's a 100mbps connection, it should still sustain about 6-8 MEGABYTES per second. Any slower, or if you see erratic speeds, it's very likely a damaged cable/ends or you have serious interference cross-talk occurring.

Note: There may be other, more practical ways to verify cable health, but I'm no network expert - so perhaps others can chime in.

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Yesterday morning my display in Blue Iris was freezing momentarily for the camera. No other cameras (I have 14 other cameras running) had any issues. This appeared to occur the less that half a day after changing my frame rate down to 12 FPS. I also notice my windows computer was also sluggish. Other applications failed to load properly. Blue Iris was humming along fine. I always have Windows Task Manager Open and everything looked normal in it. I figured I might as well reboot windows when I noticed the computer was in need of several windows updates (including Internet Explorer). I also went ahead and updated Blue Iris to 4.2.8.5 x64. After all the updates I finally rebooted. I also switched back the camera up to 15 FPS and CBR of 4195. The camera was been running smoothly for a day and 1/2 so far.

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
How long is your cable? Is it cat5 or cat6? Have you tried to run other h.264 cameras over the same cable? It sounds like an interference or cross-talk issue. If you can, hook up a laptop/pc to the far end and run some large (5GB+) files over the line. See what your sustained/peak speeds are and how long it takes overall. If it's a gigabit connection, you should be running at 60-80 MEGABYTES per second. If it's a 100mbps connection, it should still sustain about 6-8 MEGABYTES per second. Any slower, or if you see erratic speeds, it's very likely a damaged cable/ends or you have serious interference cross-talk occurring.

Note: There may be other, more practical ways to verify cable health, but I'm no network expert - so perhaps others can chime in.
Brand new 15' Cat5e cable from Amazon. That said, I am running a POE splitter and injector to it. Might be that I'll have to run some power up there and forget the POE for it...

Yesterday morning my display in Blue Iris was freezing momentarily for the camera. No other cameras (I have 14 other cameras running) had any issues. This appeared to occur the less that half a day after changing my frame rate down to 12 FPS. I also notice my windows computer was also sluggish. Other applications failed to load properly. Blue Iris was humming along fine. I always have Windows Task Manager Open and everything looked normal in it. I figured I might as well reboot windows when I noticed the computer was in need of several windows updates (including Internet Explorer). I also went ahead and updated Blue Iris to 4.2.8.5 x64. After all the updates I finally rebooted. I also switched back the camera up to 15 FPS and CBR of 4195. The camera was been running smoothly for a day and 1/2 so far.
I'll check on updates and see if that makes a difference. It's still running like a champ at 10fps. If it were for security, that'd be fine. But, we don't have much crime around here (more like almost non-existent... not that I mind also using my cams to keep tabs for that). My cams are really more for all the critters we get to see all night long. :p

lulu5kamz

Known around here
Reaction score
Brand new 15' Cat5e cable from Amazon. That said, I am running a POE splitter and injector to it. Might be that I'll have to run some power up there and forget the POE for it...

I'll check on updates and see if that makes a difference. It's still running like a champ at 10fps. If it were for security, that'd be fine. But, we don't have much crime around here (more like almost non-existent... not that I mind also using my cams to keep tabs for that). My cams are really more for all the critters we get to see all night long. :p
I'm running power to my camera with a 30 ft Cat 5e cable from Monoprice and passive splitters. The cable from Monoprice is 100% pure copper wire. Some of the cables on Amazon are not 100% pure copper. Do you know the specifics of the cable you purchased from Amazon?

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Just bought a bunch of patch cords from Monoprice and they were half the price of Amazon.