SUNBA mp4 not viewable

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Using "Queue for convert"

For some reason BI is having trouble with converting my recordings form my SUNBA camera to MP4. All my other cameras I have no

problem with it. At first I noticed that all theSUNBA MP4 had no thumbnail. So I installed Media Preview and it fixed it. But the MP4s will not

play.

I have also installed K-Lite Coldec pack 5.8.3

Does anyone have any idea what the problem is?

saladman

n3wb
Reaction score
The Sunba videos have there own extensions under Blue Iris. You can just change the extension to avi and view them. I use AVS converter.

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks but it became a "door stop" (quit working) as Fenderman said it would. So I returned it.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
He's probably "dissed" Sunba crap in other threads that the original poster has read. The amount of junk on the market plus a lack of real world knowledge makes it hard for n3wbs to make intelligent decisions so Sunba, and a long list of other junk cameras, get bought. I made a few mistakes, too, but after finding this board got things pretty well under control. Check the WiKI at the top of the page, blue title bar, and be sure to read the Cliff Notes. Tons of excellent knowledge in there.

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes it was an earlier thread we discussed this. I bought one of these and had lots of problems. Worked with their support and eventually they stopped trying to solve all the problems. They sent me a replacement and had all the same issues. The support stopped trying to work on the camera because they were focused on the latest camera they just put out. The camera I had eventually degraded into unusable. They were good enough to refund my money. I bought a Dauhau and have had no problems. One thing I have found: If you live like I do in California you can use indoor camera outside as long as you keep them sheltered from the rain. I have been doing that for over 20 years with 8 cameras mounted outside and have had no problems. I only replaced the cameras as technology got better and cheaper.

Rick Rick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He's probably "dissed" Sunba crap in other threads that the original poster has read. The amount of junk on the market plus a lack of real world knowledge makes it hard for n3wbs to make intelligent decisions so Sunba, and a long list of other junk cameras, get bought. I made a few mistakes, too, but after finding this board got things pretty well under control. Check the WiKI at the top of the page, blue title bar, and be sure to read the Cliff Notes. Tons of excellent knowledge in there.
Never could find those cliff notes you refer to. I clicked on the wiki tab.

awsum140

Known around here
Reaction score
The Cliff Notes are right there, behind the milk. Oh yeah, if you click on the hyper link, Cliff Notes, it'll open right up as well.

(This board is a tough crowd)