Sunba

wxman

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's the same housing (which is a generic dome)..The inside module may or may not be the same as Huisun. Performance-wise, I suspect the results would be similar

WinMan

n3wb
Reaction score
Well for what it's worth, I'm currently using a SUNBA PTZ (805-D20XB P2P), which I purchased off ebay as well. The budget I was given was beginning to run a little thin, so I had to get creative! :D

I will admit I had an issue with the cam about a month into it, however I sent it back to the seller and they replaced both internal boards (only one board was bad) charging me a $30 "labor fee". Since I got it back I haven't been any other hardware issues (knock on wood), however there is one config issue I am battling which seems to be "operator error", so I'm hoping one of you guys can point me in the right direction. This is a setup I built for a friend of mine's business, and this is the last obstacle I have before I can consider it "finished"...

I have a powered external mic connected to the "line in" of the SUNBA PTZ, however when I connect to the BI server through the web interface, I can hear "something", but it cuts out so quickly I can't tell if it's the actual audio, or just some kind of interference. Once it cuts out, it will then stay silent for 4-5 seconds before the sound cuts back in, but again, only for another second before it cuts right back out. What's puzzling/frustrating is the audio stream is "clear" and consistent when I use the xmeye iphone app (locally), as well as when I logon through the xmeye website (remotely), so that leads me to believe that I must have something configured wrong in BI...

I also want to point out that the actual server is a Win10 x64 running BI 4.5.0.1, but has no audio playback device (speakers) connected, nor is the default audio driver installed/enabled. I wouldn't think that would be necessary since the audio would not be streamed locally.

I have attached some screenshots of the current settings. If I didn't send the correct screenshots (or you need more info), I can certainly oblige.

On a side note, this cam is mounted indoors and the audio/video feed is only streamed and not recorded...

Thank you in advance! :)

Attachments

Camit

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

WinMan

n3wb
Reaction score
These look nice here

SUNBA 1080P HD, PoE+, 20X Optical Zoom, Laser IR-Cut Night Vision, Audio, 2.0 MP, Outdoor Waterproof, High Speed IP Network Security PTZ Dome Camera ONVIF(601-D20X) Amazon.com: SUNBA 1080P HD, PoE+, 20X Optical Zoom, Laser IR-Cut Night Vision, Audio, 2.0 MP, Outdoor Waterproof, High Speed IP Network Security PTZ Dome Camera ONVIF(601-D20X): Camera & Photo

This is the one I purchased, but purchased off eBay...

SUNBA 2.0 Megapixel 1080P HD, 4.7~94mm, 120°/s High Speed PTZ, 20X Optical Zoom, Audio, IR-Cut Night Vision, Outdoor Security IP Dome Camera ONVIF (805-D20XB P2P)
Amazon.com : SUNBA 2.0 Megapixel 1080P HD, 4.7~94mm, 120°/s High Speed PTZ, 20X Optical Zoom, Audio, IR-Cut Night Vision, Outdoor Security IP Dome Camera ONVIF (805-D20XB P2P) : Camera & Photo

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

ITHelpMe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Will these Dahua starlight cameras you speak highly off see license plate at night with car in motion and headlights on? Car going about 10 mph. Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Will these Dahua starlight cameras you speak highly off see license plate at night with car in motion and headlights on? Car going about 10 mph. Thank you.
you must dedicate a camera for nighttime lpr...see lpr section

ITHelpMe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you. Based upon some discussion in the LPR section, I just purchased IPC-HFW4431R-Z as one of forum member seems to be using that successfully for LPR. It's cheap so I'm excited to get it working. Thanks guys for sharing your expertise.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. Based upon some discussion in the LPR section, I just purchased IPC-HFW4431R-Z as one of forum member seems to be using that successfully for LPR. It's cheap so I'm excited to get it working. Thanks guys for sharing your expertise.
avoid that camera as it is a hacked chinese camera and NOT upgradeable...for a few more bux you can get an international camera..

ITHelpMe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
If you can share a link where I can buy it for a few more bucks, that would be awesome. Everyone seems to like IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 or IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 but that's double the price. If I can read license plate at night, I'm happy as I intend to get the SD6C225U-HNI for general purpose. Thank you.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you can share a link where I can buy it for a few more bucks, that would be awesome. Everyone seems to like IPC-HFW5231E-Z5 or IPC-HFW5231E-Z12 but that's double the price. If I can read license plate at night, I'm happy as I intend to get the SD6C225U-HNI for general purpose. Thank you.
youll have to do the research yourself..there are 3mp dahua varifocals for 100...your savings will be in the toilet if the camera has a firmware bug...