Support email problem

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has anyone else had bounce backs from Ken?

Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Subject: RE:
Sent: 09/05/2020 14:29

The following recipient(s) cannot be reached:

priority@blueirissoftware.com on
The recipient has been deleted or has no email address.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are sending from a private domain name (not a popular public one like gmail.com) then it is possible your email server isn't set up with anti-spam best practices like SPF records and whatnot. Although the error message you received does not imply this.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
If you are sending from a private domain name (not a popular public one like gmail.com) then it is possible your email server isn't set up with anti-spam best practices like SPF records and whatnot. Although the error message you received does not imply this.
Yes, both of mine are private domain names and I would not be sure SPF and the like are set up.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Send me a PM with the bounce back reply (specifically the header)

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Definitely seems to be on your end :)
Thank you, Mike.

I have spent a tricky hour on the phone to Ionos and from what I can ascertain, the lady was telling me there are issues between Ionos and Microsoft currently. I have no idea where the domain blueirissoftware.com is hosted with but fingers crossed the matter will be resolved.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Last edited:

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Last year after paying for support I went in and removed the option for auto billing. This year I used the renew option on the settings screen to renew which work fine. The next day I was billed again and the only thing I could think of was the removal of auto renew did not happen. Used the link from the billing site "My Commerce Share-It" to notify Ken and it was that link that came back as undelivered. Since then all is squared away, they refunded my original order which killed the support until I entered the new code from the second order. This is one reason I hate auto billing.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I have wasted more of my time on the phone with Ionos who now tell me that it is not possible to email Ken, for the following reasons:

Good day!
I hope you are doing well.

The reason why you are receiving such bounce back message because of the RFC 2181 Compliant rule.
The domain associated with the email address you are sending with have MX records with an alias aka CNAME/IP Address in it. Our system does not allow anymore sending emails to domain having an invalid DNS setup as CNAMES/IP Address are not allowed within an MX record.
The owner of the domain you are sending an email with should setup its DNS properly to make this work.

Receiver:
* MX-Records: *
blueirissoftware.com. 3600 IN MX 1 64.20.60.68.

Please see the link below:

https://www.ionos.com/help/email/postmaster/smtp-error-messages-of-the-11-ionos-mail-servers/

If I am reading this correctly, it is because the MX record resolves to an IP and not an A record.

Can someone let the developer know, please?

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
what email domain are you sending from, is it a personal domain. I have seen a lot of email problems when using a personal domain. My personal domain only works about 80% of the time when emailing businesses, I also use ionos . I have email blue iris support yesterday evening from comcast.net no problem , I have received a received response.

Try using gmail or hot mail for email.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
what email domain are you sending from, is it a personal domain. I have seen a lot of email problems when using a personal domain. My personal domain only works about 80% of the time when emailing businesses, I also use ionos . I have email blue iris support yesterday evening from comcast.net no problem , I have received a received response.

Try using gmail or hot mail for email.
Yes, it is a personal domain - I have one for business and one for personal, both with Ionos and both reject.

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The bounce back I received was when I used the link on "My Commerce Share-It" which is the company Ken used for billing. Ken should be made aware of this.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
The bounce back I received was when I used the link on "My Commerce Share-It" which is the company Ken used for billing. Ken should be made aware of this.
He will only be made aware of this if you let him know.

lusk

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
He will only be made aware of this if you let him know.
If someone could make him aware, it would be appreciated. I would, but therein lies the problem of actually being able to communicate with him!