SV3C 1080P Full HD Poe IP Camera, Bullet Outdoor Security Camera with 2.8MM-12MM Varifocal Lens

LeeH

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
SV3C 1080P Full HD Poe IP Camera, Bullet Outdoor: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

Hi All,

I've been browsing for a cheap/quick replacement for my very first IP cam (Foscam Junk) which has recently chucked its hand in. It only looks over the chicken coup as the wife likes to watch them while at work...

I came across this on Amazon Prime which can be had next day.

Complete Junk?

ds76

n3wb
Reaction score
I got their fixed lens dome 1080P cam about a week ago. It takes some tweaking, but I like the picture and it seems stable, no reboots or dropouts after four days. I'm recording 24/7 and don't think I can do any motion detection through my Hikvision NVR. If it holds up for a month or two, I'll probably buy one of their varifocal cams.

David77

n3wb
Reaction score
I got their fixed lens dome 1080P cam about a week ago. It takes some tweaking, but I like the picture and it seems stable, no reboots or dropouts after four days. I'm recording 24/7 and don't think I can do any motion detection through my Hikvision NVR. If it holds up for a month or two, I'll probably buy one of their varifocal cams.
I went for the SV-B01-1080P-POE. Wow!! what a breath of fresh air. :)
Hooked up to BlueIris a week ago and No issues here either. I ordered the 5mp to see if it is as good as the 2mp.
Did you get the varifocal? If so what do you think?

ds76

n3wb
Reaction score
I went for the SV-B01-1080P-POE. Wow!! what a breath of fresh air. :)
Hooked up to BlueIris a week ago and No issues here either. I ordered the 5mp to see if it is as good as the 2mp.
Did you get the varifocal? If so what do you think?

I've had their dome camera up and running since April and have had zero problems. The day and night images rival my Hikvision cameras and I'm very happy with it. I did order one of their varifocal cameras and am planning to run cable for it this weekend. If it works as well as the first camera, I'll be a happy camper. I will be running it with my Hikvision NVR like the other one, so it's ONVIF only. I record 24/7, so that's fine with me. If I switch to a Blue Iris set up later on, I will try some motion detection then. The camera has the ability to do motion detection with its own software, but I don't use that. The hardware is great; the software, not so great. For 40 bucks, you can buy 3 or 4 of them for less than the big brands, and as long as they continue to perform, you can double or triple cover areas to enhance reliability.

David77

n3wb
Reaction score
I've had their dome camera up and running since April and have had zero problems. The day and night images rival my Hikvision cameras and I'm very happy with it. I did order one of their varifocal cameras and am planning to run cable for it this weekend. If it works as well as the first camera, I'll be a happy camper. I will be running it with my Hikvision NVR like the other one, so it's ONVIF only. I record 24/7, so that's fine with me. If I switch to a Blue Iris set up later on, I will try some motion detection then. The camera has the ability to do motion detection with its own software, but I don't use that. The hardware is great; the software, not so great. For 40 bucks, you can buy 3 or 4 of them for less than the big brands, and as long as they continue to perform, you can double or triple cover areas to enhance reliability.
Well the 5mp version (SV-B01POE-5MPL-T) arrived and has been up for the last 4 days. Connecting to the web interface the first time proved to be challenging. The Web page wants the plugin installed before you can go any farther unlike the 2mp version. I was unable to get Firefox, Chrome or IE to accept the plugin. I fired off an e-mail to SV3C and got a response with an hour. :cool: Apparently the plugin is comparable with IE Only. After clearing the cache in IE on windows 7 it installed. From there on everything went smooth. I was able to change the IP to static and turn off all the unwanted features.
I was pleasantly surprised to discover that the configuration screens provide the ability to disable many functions that create a chatty camera. With many other cameras I have had this was not possible.
While an older version of Blue-Iris ( 4.3.9.2) (I still have one system on Windows 2003R2 :smash:) will connect to the SV-B01POE-1080P a more recent version ( 4.5.8.4 was tested ) will be needed for the 5mp camera.

I have only used them with Blue-Iris so I cannot comment on their other NVR implementation.

The hardware seems to be stable so far. I have not experiences any dropouts yet from either camera.
The SV-B01POE-1080P has been up for over 20 days with no dropouts so far. The 3.6mm lens and 70 to 90 degree viewing angle gives a nice wide area of view especially when placed in the corner of a building.

I understand they have a 1 year warranty and it doesn't matter if you buy it from amazon.

So far I am very pleased with both camera's. It's been a long time since I have felt the camera I received was worth more than I paid.

I have several more on the way.....

Last edited:

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have a SV-B01-1080P-POE connected to blue Iris recording direct to disk. The camera picture quality is good. My concerns are that the motion detection alarm/event generated in the camera can not be sent to Blue Iris. This is not a critical item for me. The other issue is the H.264 compression does not seem to be well implemented. With the same frame size, frame rate, and I frame value pointed at the same scene as another more expensive camera (HIKVISION) there is about twice as much data in the SV3C.

David77

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a SV-B01-1080P-POE connected to blue Iris recording direct to disk. The camera picture quality is good. My concerns are that the motion detection alarm/event generated in the camera can not be sent to Blue Iris. This is not a critical item for me. The other issue is the H.264 compression does not seem to be well implemented. With the same frame size, frame rate, and I frame value pointed at the same scene as another more expensive camera (HIKVISION) there is about twice as much data in the SV3C.
Yea .. Use BI's motion detection alarm/event. The SV-B01-1080P-POE have been great so far. I have 5 now. One had the IRCUT Day/night sensor go bad. i contacted SV3 and they sent out a replacement and didn't even want the old one back. The 5mp are not the best. They seem to reboot every week or so. The 2mp (SV-B01-1080P-POE) are rock solid...
I did buy a HIKVISION and found out they will not stand behind it unless you get it from a certified dealer. My mistake....

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yea .. Use BI's motion detection alarm/event. The SV-B01-1080P-POE have been great so far. I have 5 now. One had the IRCUT Day/night sensor go bad. i contacted SV3 and they sent out a replacement and didn't even want the old one back. The 5mp are not the best. They seem to reboot every week or so. The 2mp (SV-B01-1080P-POE) are rock solid...
I did buy a HIKVISION and found out they will not stand behind it unless you get it from a certified dealer. My mistake....
sv3c is garbage and should be avoided at all costs...yes hikvision and dahua only warranty if purchased from an authorized dealer but failure rate is low..

blentz

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 6 SV3C connected to BI with no issues so far - been running for 7 months - no issues - cant beat the price for performance.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Blentz... Do you use motion detection from the camera with BI ? Also have you compared the storage requirements for h264 when running direct to disk.

blentz

n3wb
Reaction score
I only use BI motion detection. I have found that it is much more sophisticated than what comes on the cameras. Allows you to tune the motion detection to limit the amount of false positives while still picking up motion.

Benak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I
I only use BI motion detection. I have found that it is much more sophisticated than what comes on the cameras. Allows you to tune the motion detection to limit the amount of false positives while still picking up motion.
The motion detection in these is useless. I have two of these at a remote property and tried out the motion sensing just to FTP a still photo.... I would get 100% false trigger or nothing at all when adjusting the sensitivity. I wouldn't depend on these for much in that regard. Otherwise, for $39 each, I've had two in service since 4/1/18 without an issue.

Revdi3

n3wb
Reaction score
I have two of their 4mp bullet cameras, the non-round versions. I think they are well made and have a great picture so far. Only time will tell the story of durability.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I have two of their 4mp bullet cameras, the non-round versions. I think they are well made and have a great picture so far. Only time will tell the story of durability.
You obviously don't know about a great picture...and you certainly will find out aboia their durability and firmware stability..

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I admit it. I'm a skeptic. And a bit of a cynic with an extreme dislike for being deceived. But it strikes me as rather suspicious that -- out of the blue -- so many Noobs, who have contributed so few posts, all of a sudden jump in with supporting testimonials for this product.

Smells like bullshit to me.

Benak

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I guess I resemble that remark Q? I can't speak for the other newbs but i joined in 2016. I haven't been lurking for two years just to come out now to promote Chinese cheap shit cameras.

I can say the firmware & software suck but my cheap in-laws wanted cameras up.... I'm skeptical too but I can tell you that I have had two of the 2mp fixed lens units up & running since April 1 without a failure.

Picture quality sucks, web interface sucks, low light performance sucks, I can't get them to work with the network's NTP server, but they are up and running. I wouldn't (and don't) put them on an open network either.

I wouldn't mess with these at all for my personal use beyond maybe a pet cam or something but I can tell you that these have been 100% reliable so far. By reliable I mean no random lost signal, they stay powered up, etc. When that changes I will post the information on this thread. Otherwise, I agree totally that for not much more money you get a product that is so vastly superior it's hard to compare the two.

Thanks

Last edited: