Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Possibly stumbled across additional power booster related info on the RCA site...

https://voxxintl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360000906273/PDF_Chime_hum_Fix_.pdf

The wiring diagram "appears" to show it connecting to the same terminal as the previous pdf file, cant say for sure though

http://www.hikvision.com/uploadfile/image/511330_NA-KB6013-WIP Data Sheet.PDF

If this new discovery is indeed related to the mysterious power booster.... it seem its just a box to fix the Hum some users hear from their mechanical doorbell. Too bad I can't read the barcode/label clearly in the new PDF file to get a partnumber
Yeah, I've seen that RCA chime hum box article when researching my slight hum on my downstairs chime after installing RCA doorbell. It seems plausible as Ring calls their hum fix kit a "Pro Power" and August labels theirs "Power board" so Hikvision is marketing theirs as "Power Booster". The only thing that that didn't make sense was why does end user have to click on the checkbox to enable "Power Booster". All the other official hum fix kits doesn't require enabling anything in software.

ken830

n3wb
Reaction score
I double checked, yes it seem my vibration alert was from the motion detection push notification and not the Doorbell button push call request. I submitted a feedback in hik-connect app asking them to change it... finger crossed
I also submitted feedback through the Hik-Connect app a few days ago. I'm not holding my breath. This is the biggest disappointment for me because it makes the video doorbell pretty much only slightly better than a dumb doorbell button and a separate camera (which I already had) most of the time.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I submitted my feedback via the Hik app this week for the following in case someone is listening over there:
1. option to disable IR
2. option to disable the subscriber is not available message
2a. if user can't disable voice messages, then allow us to substitute with custom mp3 file from sdcard
3. bring back option to choose video stream settings other than 12fps, etc
4. option to utilize our Hik-Connect acct email address to send out alert notification email with attached snapshot or video when motion is detected

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Any have this connected to a NVR with some feedback they can give? Are you able to set email notifications once the NVR is added? I like the motion notification through the app, but I'd rather get an email and not have to delete a bunch of stuff off the app...My goal is to move away from the app for most things.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have my RCA doorbell variant recording fine to my Dahua 52xx-4KS2 NVR via ONVIF. Since it's not a Hikvision NVR, I can't set up the normal motion/IVS email notifications like I preferred to do with my other cameras. Which leads to why I submitted my feedback #4 above "utilize our Hik-Connect acct email address to send out alert notification email with attached snapshot or video when motion is detected". The positive is I get fairly minimal alerts since I use the app which has smaller blocks for detection area. Pretty much about 90% of the same alerts I get from my IVS triggered cameras. Others who have Hikvision NVR can probably shed light if doorbell works well for motion detection alerts.

ToadRage

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd probably do the quick and easy of using a nickel or whatever metal/wood single gang cover plate you like as your base beneath the doorbell to cover the holes. I've attached a picture of a single gang plate you can buy from places like Home Depot if in the US. Either that or you can custom fab any plastic or composite base in shape/size you desire and spray paint to your color similar in concept to thediy wedge/shim I did for my Hik doorbell.
Thanks for the idea again! I ended up making my own mounting plate and reusing the existing holes in the brick. This actually works out pretty well because it creates a cavity behind the doorbell for the wires and if I ever have to replace this doorbell I didn’t add any more holes to the brick. I used some spray plastidip and the color matches the black faceplate perfectly.

Attachments

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
These look pretty interesting. With my siding and I would like to install this sideways and just rotate the video in BI. Any issues? It should give full height coverage for someone walking up the door and be able to see head and packages on the ground at the same time I would think.

Also, is there anyway to control the doorbell through the software? It would be nice to disable the doorbell during certain periods of the day/night. When we don't wan the neighbor kids disturbing us during dinner for example!

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
These look pretty interesting. With my siding and I would like to install this sideways and just rotate the video in BI. Any issues? It should give full height coverage for someone walking up the door and be able to see head and packages on the ground at the same time I would think.

Also, is there anyway to control the doorbell through the software? It would be nice to disable the doorbell during certain periods of the day/night. When we don't wan the neighbor kids disturbing us during dinner for example!
I really like the doorbell disable idea.. I am sure all of this is possible.

pmstc

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, I've seen that RCA chime hum box article when researching my slight hum on my downstairs chime after installing RCA doorbell. It seems plausible as Ring calls their hum fix kit a "Pro Power" and August labels theirs "Power board" so Hikvision is marketing theirs as "Power Booster". The only thing that that didn't make sense was why does end user have to click on the checkbox to enable "Power Booster". All the other official hum fix kits doesn't require enabling anything in software.
I am using an August power board with my RCA doorbell to silence the humming: Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

I do not have 'Power Booster' enabled and I have tested with/without that option enabled and don't see any difference in wifi signal strength, quality, etc, so I just leave it off. My transformer is putting out 18VAC.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score

the Fisheye lens is optimize for 180 degree horizontal and 90 degree vertical, if you physically rotate the doorbell, your won't get the "wide" image but a tall image instead, may or may not matter to folks depending on indented usage

greg_mitch

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
the Fisheye lens is optimize for 180 degree horizontal and 90 degree vertical, if you physically rotate the doorbell, your won't get the "wide" image but a tall image instead, may or may not matter to folks depending on indented usage
I wonder if I can rotate the lens if I take the cover off? Has anyone done a teardown on these units?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am using an August power board with my RCA doorbell to silence the humming: Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

I do not have 'Power Booster' enabled and I have tested with/without that option enabled and don't see any difference in wifi signal strength, quality, etc, so I just leave it off. My transformer is putting out 18VAC.
I enabled the Power Booster setting and let it run for a day and didn't see any differences either but I didn't have any hum eliminating kit attached to my two chimes getting ~19V from transformer. With your test results, I wonder if it has to be the actual Hikvision "Power Booster" board that is still not released yet to realize any benefits of toggling on that feature in software.

Reaction score
I received my LaView doorbell today. Installation went well. However, I noticed it the view was foggy. I removed all the plastic and it looks like there may be condensation on the interior of the lens, as best I can tell. Has anyone experienced this and will it go away? It wasn't there when I first installed it. Heat from the connection?

Attachments

Last edited:

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I received my LaView doorbell today. Installation went well. However, I noticed it the view was foggy. I removed all the plastic and it looks like there may be condensation on the interior of the lens, as best I can tell. Has anyone experienced this and will it go away? It wasn't there when I first installed it. Heat from the connection?
Cam was warm when you installed it? And it's cold outdoors?
That's why, and it should dissipate.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There is another piece of film on the ring around the dome lens, based on the pic you still have it in as you can see the bubbles from the film

Also clean the dome lens well with glass cleaner or lens wipe should help with night vision clarity and glare

schford

n3wb
Reaction score
Could anyone link me to a relay I could use instead of a chime? When I press the button I want the relay either to go off or on - so I can signal my alarm which controls my door chime amongst a bunch of other things - I would be sooooo greatful for any help.

Thanks

Stuart

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Could anyone link me to a relay I could use instead of a chime? When I press the button I want the relay either to go off or on - so I can signal my alarm which controls my door chime amongst a bunch of other things - I would be sooooo greatful for any help.

Thanks

Stuart
Maybe this? Note that when pressing the doorbell, the voltage spikes down and back up very fast, the question is will the relay see this fast moving change.

https://www.amazon.com/Functional-Devices-RIBU1C-Enclosed-Pilot/dp/B000LESCI2/ref=pd_sim_421_1?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B000LESCI2&pd_rd_r=FC16SZ4XFC54ZFFFNV7G&pd_rd_w=vBAn1&pd_rd_wg=VOANT&psc=1&refRID=FC16SZ4XFC54ZFFFNV7G

How can I wire my WIFI thermostat to control my millivolt fireplace?

You could gerry-rig something by using a mechanical chime, strip out the tone bars and put a switch under the piston (in place of the sound bars).... :)

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

kevyc

n3wb
Reaction score
After following this thread for a while, I finally purchased and installed the RCA variant. However, I'm getting a clicking noise in the live stream and recordings if the mic volume is set to anything other than zero. Do I have a defective mic?

I've uploaded a sample of the audio I'm getting: Dropbox - doorbell_mic.mp3

scn101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
After following this thread for a while, I finally purchased and installed the RCA variant. However, I'm getting a clicking noise in the live stream and recordings if the mic volume is set to anything other than zero. Do I have a defective mic?

I've uploaded a sample of the audio I'm getting: Dropbox - doorbell_mic.mp3
That's what mine sounds like without a power booster.