Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Reaction score
Anyone having new login problems today? La view app now asks me to verify my account with a captcha then says my password is incorrect.

Reaction score
No problem since 2 weeks ago. hik-connect and laview apps both are working fine.
Thanks, it seems like their account systems have finally caught up to when I changed my password after the whole login debacle. Updated my credentials and it works fine now.

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i am using hik-connect app on android and laview app on ios. hik-connect has way more ways to add a device whereas laview app always fails to add a device that is behind a way and it's 10 feet away. after power outage last night i had to reboot the RCA brand camera several times to get it working stable (it auto rebooted 3 times by itself every time I was trying to access it thru the web interface).

The laview brand camera is offline for me currently so i did not test it.

laview app is good at notification on ios. the hik-connect app has slower app notification and sometimes no notification at all.

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Can anyone try to see if their intercom (2 way talking) function is still working after pressing the button on the doorbell camera? both of my doorbell cameras (RCA and Laview) do not have any intercom message notification at all in the past 2 days. I tried resetting and adding them back to both hik-connect and laview app and none of them worked. everything else worked.

I even took out the laview doorbell camera and used a transformer adapter to supply constant power for testing. it still did not work. it seems the 2 way talking service has been disabled from the server end.

DHL

n3wb
Reaction score
Can anyone try to see if their intercom (2 way talking) function is still working after pressing the button on the doorbell camera? both of my doorbell cameras (RCA and Laview) do not have any intercom message notification at all in the past 2 days. I tried resetting and adding them back to both hik-connect and laview app and none of them worked. everything else worked.

I even took out the laview doorbell camera and used a transformer adapter to supply constant power for testing. it still did not work. it seems the 2 way talking service has been disabled from the server end.
It has not been working for me either. Using LaView doorbell with LaView iOS App. Motion detection works just fine. RTSP video recording on my NVR works fine. Just no 2 way intercom alert when door bell is pressed.

*Update* 6/1/2018 it started working again. I did not change or update anything.

Last edited:

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I tested a bit using only the SD card (instead of my NVR)
Firmware is very limited and a bit confusing.

in Web UI, you can set the motion zone normally like any other Hik cam.
The ONLY option I found to record on the SD card is the "Upload to FTP" in the linkage option. (there is no FTP configuration option as far as I could see)
That seem to work great so far but you don't get any playback option in Web UI, only from Hik-Connect app...

IMO, the firmware always feels "beta" or rushed coding... It shouldn't be that confusing getting simple features working like that... I can only presume there will be improvements in the future...

BTW, in my case, even with the motion enabled, I still don't have any motion option in iOS Hik-Connect app, in alarms...
FTP configuration is under Network setting I believe. but FTP will only capture snapshot, not videos. MD videos are automatically recorded to SD card

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Interesting, I haven't been able to get the Dahua NVR motion detection to work with the RTSP stream from the doorbell. I use the Laview app for push notifications on motion while the NVR records 24/7. I couldn't get the NVR to email me on doorbell motion.
Same here, I have a newer cheap Dahua NVR and it does not have the hik-vision protcol so I'm using ONVIF but getting no MD with that

mugendc4

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to get the doorbell to call two phones using the LaView app (currently using LaView Doorbell LV-PDB1520F1). I tried sharing the camera or logging on the same account with two phones but only one phone gets the call.

Also, not sure if phone related using Galaxy Note 9, but I notice if I leave my phone idle, I would not get a phone call unless if i wake up the phone, anyone else experience this?

iakov

n3wb
Reaction score
make sure LaView app is not prevented from running by Android. Samsung might have some sort of Auto-start manager that could be preventing this app from running to extend battery life and save memory.

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Is there a way to get the doorbell to call two phones using the LaView app (currently using LaView Doorbell LV-PDB1520F1). I tried sharing the camera or logging on the same account with two phones but only one phone gets the call.

Also, not sure if phone related using Galaxy Note 9, but I notice if I leave my phone idle, I would not get a phone call unless if i wake up the phone, anyone else experience this?

I am using 3 phones with same account info with 2 apps. iphone X with laview app, iphone 7plus with laview app, motorola G4 with hik-connect app. all three have identical email and password. I have 2 wifi camera, one laview, one rca brand. both got firmware 171219. the RCA was flashed with LTS firmware 171219. All three phones receive notification for motion detection as well as 2 way talking notification with camera view at the same time. not sure why you could only do one phone. maybe you could try setting android notification enabled or something related.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Good to hear there's finally new firmware! Anyone using Clare, LTS, or Nelly able to request an updated firmware through them and share it here?

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Any release notes on the new FW on what changes or features added to this newer build? I'd like to get a copy of it and test on my RCA brand variant.

Shak

n3wb
Reaction score
I've read through this and the LTS thread but am still left wondering if the DB-120A-IW is worth the entry fee. It can be had for around £80/$107 here in the UK which might be cheap enough to compensate for the complaints?

Is anyone actually happy with theirs?

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
We've sold lots of them which are working flawlessly. However, since there are so many different variables in play there's a good chance you'll be doing more than just "installing a doorbell" if you do decide to go with it.

Reaction score
Even on the very early firmware I'm running, I actually received and conducted a video/audio call from my workplace. One of the irrigation crew rang the doorbell and asked for more information about the sprinkler system. I've had this installed about a year, and it's the first successful and legitimate conversation I've held using the doorbell. Good times!

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is anyone still successful using their LTS/RCA/LaView/Nelly/EzViz account to log into Hik-Connect app? Mine broke a few weeks ago as it kept saying it was wrong userid/phone number so seems like Hik disable backend cloud integration or something as the same account could log into all the apps in the past. I prefer using the Hik-Connect app as they've incorporated feedback that I submitted to the app developer that is not a feature on the other apps.