Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

LBJ

n3wb
Reaction score
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

iakov

n3wb
Reaction score
I found in the help file for Hi-connect Android app where I would setup motion detection zones, but my app has no such options. Does anyone know why? Attached are screenshots from my phone.

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
both of my hik-connect ios and android apps have the motion detection selection under alarm notification. what version of android app do you have? i have the android version V3.4.3.0424

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
if you don't see the motion detection area in the phone app, you may not have enabled it in the configuration. I am just guessing all possibilities. you can enable motion detection from the web browser with your local IP of the camera. then sign in using admin username then type in password that you used when you set up the camera. then go to configuration->event->basic event->motion detection. there is a checkbox there to enable it. also you can draw area there.

iakov

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a problem getting webpage to show video, so I used ivms4200 to set motion detection area, but that software is not very good, slow and even locks up cameras that I have to reset them. I was looking at other ways to control cameras but nothing seems to give me the ability to set motion detection zone.
Motion detection itself is enabled and I get alarms, it's just I want to be able to tweak it better.

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
your camera firmware shows it's in the December 2017 so it's very capable of showing the camera on the web browser. the only problem you should have in the web browser is to download those plug-in. I have IE, chrome, and firefox. all three have to download their corresponding plug-in to show video. IE is weird that I had to reset IE to default every so often to get to the camera webpage. firefox is slow with the plug-in, and google chrome needs a separate plugin with video card hardware acceleration enabled to see video. but all three work for me.

if you don't see motion detection in hik-connect app you may try other apps like laview or RCA security or guarding vision. give a try and see if they have the motion detection on those apps. if none of them has it then it has something to do with the firmware or something else.

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tested a bit using only the SD card (instead of my NVR)
Firmware is very limited and a bit confusing.

in Web UI, you can set the motion zone normally like any other Hik cam.
The ONLY option I found to record on the SD card is the "Upload to FTP" in the linkage option. (there is no FTP configuration option as far as I could see)
That seem to work great so far but you don't get any playback option in Web UI, only from Hik-Connect app...

IMO, the firmware always feels "beta" or rushed coding... It shouldn't be that confusing getting simple features working like that... I can only presume there will be improvements in the future...

BTW, in my case, even with the motion enabled, I still don't have any motion option in iOS Hik-Connect app, in alarms...

Attachments

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I tested a bit using only the SD card (instead of my NVR)
IMO, the firmware always feels "beta" or rushed coding... It shouldn't be that confusing getting simple features working like that... I can only presume there will be improvements in the future...

BTW, in my case, even with the motion enabled, I still don't have any motion option in iOS Hik-Connect app, in alarms...
Did you initially use the iVMS-4200 or similar software to set up the camera? the iVMS-4200 has the ability to change not only IP of the camera but also port number and some other features. if you changed those at setup i guess the phone apps have no way to map the changes and thus cannot show you corresponding features. just my guess.

Also what brand of camera do you have? Try using the same brand name phone app to see if it works. I've used 3 different apps from different brand and found they do have a bit of difference with the hik-connect the most updated one with a lot features. and it seems each firmware is also a bit different from different brand. the core functionalities are the same but it seems like each brand added their own small flavor to the core firmware so compatibility may be a problem too. I am still using original firmware so i don't know what could happen using firmware from different brand not native to the camera.

the doorbell camera is relatively half the price of Ring pro and Nest hello for a reason. it's support is almost none and firmware is like a hit or miss. Documentation is ZERO on ios app but to my surprise the android hik-connect app has all documentation for each selection.

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you initially use the iVMS-4200 or similar software to set up the camera? the iVMS-4200 has the ability to change not only IP of the camera but also port number and some other features. if you changed those at setup i guess the phone apps have no way to map the changes and thus cannot show you corresponding features. just my guess.

Also what brand of camera do you have? Try using the same brand name phone app to see if it works. I've used 3 different apps from different brand and found they do have a bit of difference with the hik-connect the most updated one with a lot features. and it seems each firmware is also a bit different from different brand. the core functionalities are the same but it seems like each brand added their own small flavor to the core firmware so compatibility may be a problem too. I am still using original firmware so i don't know what could happen using firmware from different brand not native to the camera.

the doorbell camera is relatively half the price of Ring pro and Nest hello for a reason. it's support is almost none and firmware is like a hit or miss. Documentation is ZERO on ios app but to my surprise the android hik-connect app has all documentation for each selection.
It is a Hikvison brand (ds-KB6003-WIP)
My usual procedure to set it up (to also be able to set admin password) is
-reset the came using the button on the side pressed for like 15sec
-Using the iOS Hik-Connect, generate the scan code to setup Wifi (register device to Hi-Connect disabled)
-Use IVMS-4200 (Windows) or SADP Tool to activate and set admin password
-From the iOS Hik-Connect app, add the cam to Hik-Connect account scanning the code.

I understand it costs half the price of a Nest Hello so it's understandable it may not be as good but what other choices are there really?
The doorbell part and the calling/two way talk work great from my testing, the issue for me is the actual cam part that is too low end and limited firmware...
Maybe future firmware updates will improve but it has been a while now without updates so not sure...
I have hopes Hikvision will release higher end models (it's not like Hikvision is not open to release a lot of different model based on their cams and NVR lol)
I would pay more for that without hesitation (in the same price range as the Nest Hello or Ring Pro I mean)

I have a mini dome cam at my entrance which works great. It has a builtin mic but no speaker (for two way talk). For a speaker, I would need to find a way to run another CAT6 cable there or 12v power source somehow. But I don't have the doorbell button integration...
I can't seem to find to perfect solution (although, it's fun to test lol)

I'm waiting for someone to test the NA-KB6013-WIP (or test it myself if I could get my hands on it). I suspect the hardware is different, and maybe the firmware...

I also just saw the Ring Elite which uses POE and integrates to existing chime. This gets really close to what I would like (except the cloud only recording and of course the insane price)

Last edited:

RyanODan

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I have a problem getting webpage to show video, so I used ivms4200 to set motion detection area, but that software is not very good, slow and even locks up cameras that I have to reset them. I was looking at other ways to control cameras but nothing seems to give me the ability to set motion detection zone.
Motion detection itself is enabled and I get alarms, it's just I want to be able to tweak it better.
The app's motion detection settings are a lot less accurate than ivms-4200 or the web interface.

iakov

n3wb
Reaction score
I can't get either of two of my computers to load image in web interface and I tried all sorts of things suggested here and elsewhere. Looks like it will be the best option for me as I really don't like ivms-4200 performance (as an example, while setting zone for motion detection it take dozens of seconds to select square and also as long to delete it) and my computer is not all at all.

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does any one know if this firmware V1.4.62 build 171127 locks the frame rate to 12fps? what got changed in 171127 comparing to 171114? one of my cameras has 171114 with frame rate not locked.

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Does any one know if this firmware V1.4.62 build 171127 locks the frame rate to 12fps? what got changed in 171127 comparing to 171114? one of my cameras has 171114 with frame rate not locked.
Yes Hikvision did it on purpose.
Probably because the cam or wifi wasn’t stable enough at higher FPS.
I tried downgrading to get a better frame rate but had small stability issues on longer periods so I upgraded back.
We’ll see with future firmware update (of any) but I think this is a hardware limit that firmware won’t be able to improve.
But I’m just presuming here.

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did anyone here try upgrading RCA cam firmware using LaView or Clare or other brand firmware? i upgraded RCA firmware from 171114 to 171127 suggested by the phone app. it's better but still the not stable enough. I had to reboot the camera at least twice today to get live video to my phone app. without rebooting i could only stream live video from web interface but the quality was choppy and laggy even i set the frame rate to 12 fps.

The RCA firmware 171127 is the latest one suggested by the phone app already.

I have another LaView brand doorbell camera and it has 171219, the latest firmware. it's very stable. So has anyone tried upgrading different brand firmware like that without a problem? I read all 30 something pages of this thread and knew multiple people had reported no problem doing so. but I wanted to make sure doing the RCA brand firmware upgrade using other brand firmware was safe.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yes they are all interchangeable I have rca and on 171219
Did anyone here try upgrading RCA cam firmware using LaView or Clare or other brand firmware? i upgraded RCA firmware from 171114 to 171127 suggested by the phone app. it's better but still the not stable enough. I had to reboot the camera at least twice today to get live video to my phone app. without rebooting i could only stream live video from web interface but the quality was choppy and laggy even i set the frame rate to 12 fps.

The RCA firmware 171127 is the latest one suggested by the phone app already.

I have another LaView brand doorbell camera and it has 171219, the latest firmware. it's very stable. So has anyone tried upgrading different brand firmware like that without a problem? I read all 30 something pages of this thread and knew multiple people had reported no problem doing so. but I wanted to make sure doing the RCA brand firmware upgrade using other brand firmware was safe.

Weasel

n3wb
Reaction score
Yep, I had to re-add and use the below for my RCA rebranded Hik doorbell camera back in March to get it to stay online and record 24/7 on my Dahua 5216-4KS2 series NVR. I also used the NVR web gui to set the detection area as it's blocks are smaller than setting it via hik-connect app for better granularity.
View attachment 29599
Interesting, I haven't been able to get the Dahua NVR motion detection to work with the RTSP stream from the doorbell. I use the Laview app for push notifications on motion while the NVR records 24/7. I couldn't get the NVR to email me on doorbell motion.

satoshi

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the Hikvision KB6003 and I started having issues tonight also. When I push the button, the red LED around the button flashes and the unit restarts. A few minutes later and it's rebooted. Live view and motion detection work fine, but doorbell/intercom use isn't working.
Hi, i am having the same problem how did you fix it?