Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a changelog for 180726? I'm considering upgrading, but would like to see the differences before I make the leap

klunkerbus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Is there a changelog for 180726? I'm considering upgrading, but would like to see the differences before I make the leap
Having read all I could find on the DB1 over the last couple of weeks, I don't think there is a published change log. The only thing I've heard mentioned anywhere is that when you don't respond to a doorbell press, the DB1 will no longer say anything. The button just blinks for a while, and then goes back to solid blue.

Paul D

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated can confirm that it no longer says subscriber not available. Nice
next question I am using this camera with a home automaiton set up and it works well, but the picture from this URL is on 720p. Anyone have a good URL (not RSTP) that provides a 1080p image

http://192.168.x.x/ISAPI/Streaming/channels/101/picture

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The past couple of days I've been getting motion notifications to my phone but what I noticed is that right before the last 2-3 seconds of the video, the video goes dark (including timestamp) and then goes back to the picture and then the video ends.

Anyone else experience these blackouts mid video?

01740isp

n3wb
Reaction score
Can this doorbell be mounted sideways? and then picture adjusted in NVMS7000 or similar?
I would rather have the 96 degrees to be horizontal and the 180 to be vertical.

Can anyone confirm the picture can be adjusted?

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Can this doorbell be mounted sideways? and then picture adjusted in NVMS7000 or similar?
I would rather have the 96 degrees to be horizontal and the 180 to be vertical.

Can anyone confirm the picture can be adjusted?
You can mount it sideway if you have so the space for mounting, the hikconnect app can't rotate the picture though, alternately the new rca hsdb3 is vertical 180 and have pir for less false positive motion detection

Last edited:

01740isp

n3wb
Reaction score
You can mount it sideway if you have so the space for mounting, the hikconnect app can't rotate the picture though, alternately the new rca hsdb3 is vertical 180 and have pir for less false positive motion detection
Thanks. I will take a look at the rca thread too

lk229

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the RCA version and recently upgraded to firmware build 180726 (downloaded from Nelly's). Previously on build 180505, my doorbell would very often show as disconnected from the phone app. Under this newer firmware, it remains connected probably 95% of the time. This is by far the best I've seen under any firmware.

Unfortunately, it seems to have broken the Motion Detection area restriction. I set this through the web interface using IE where it's very easy to draw the area from which you want motion detected. I need to eliminate the street or any time a car drives by, my phone app reports doorbell motion detection. Under all previous firmwares, whatever area I selected limited motion detection to that area. Under the latest firmware, even though the web interface shows my selected area, motion anywhere within view sets off the motion detection. I've cleared and re-drawn the area multiple times, rebooted the doorbell, but nothing fixes this problem. Has anyone else experienced this with the 180726 firmware? Is there a fix?

Also, I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere in this thread (although I might have missed it)... One of my biggest problems with this video doorbell is that almost everyone "presses" the lens to ring the doorbell before finally finding and pressing the button. I don't notice until it gets dark when the fingerprint residue makes my image blurry and useless. Is this a common problem? It's probably magnified for me since I'm in an area where the temps are often in the 90s and humid during the day, so fingerprints might be greasier than other places.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have the RCA version and recently upgraded to firmware build 180726 (downloaded from Nelly's). Previously on build 180505, my doorbell would very often show as disconnected from the phone app. Under this newer firmware, it remains connected probably 95% of the time. This is by far the best I've seen under any firmware.

Unfortunately, it seems to have broken the Motion Detection area restriction. I set this through the web interface using IE where it's very easy to draw the area from which you want motion detected. I need to eliminate the street or any time a car drives by, my phone app reports doorbell motion detection. Under all previous firmwares, whatever area I selected limited motion detection to that area. Under the latest firmware, even though the web interface shows my selected area, motion anywhere within view sets off the motion detection. I've cleared and re-drawn the area multiple times, rebooted the doorbell, but nothing fixes this problem. Has anyone else experienced this with the 180726 firmware? Is there a fix?

Also, I haven't seen this mentioned elsewhere in this thread (although I might have missed it)... One of my biggest problems with this video doorbell is that almost everyone "presses" the lens to ring the doorbell before finally finding and pressing the button. I don't notice until it gets dark when the fingerprint residue makes my image blurry and useless. Is this a common problem? It's probably magnified for me since I'm in an area where the temps are often in the 90s and humid during the day, so fingerprints might be greasier than other places.
I had the same issue with the updated firmware.
I downloaded the RCA Security app and re-setup the motion zones and lowered the sensitivity to 1 or 2, and that solved my problem with all the cars passing by. Give that a shot.
But I still have my gripes of every now and then the camera detects motion, records it, but there is a split second the screen goes totally dark within the recording, usually towards the end of the recording. Also, I've found that sometimes I get home and there is mail waiting for me, or a package, but I never received a notification that someone has crossed the motion zone, so not sure what that's about but all I can think of is it is most likely the wifi connection.

lk229

n3wb
Reaction score
I do have my sensitivity set to the lowest (1), but I'll try your suggestion of setting the zone inside of the RCA app. I usually don't do that only because it's a lot easier to set the area using the web interface.
I also have the problem of the image going dark for a split second in the middle of many recordings.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I do have my sensitivity set to the lowest (1), but I'll try your suggestion of setting the zone inside of the RCA app. I usually don't do that only because it's a lot easier to set the area using the web interface.
I also have the problem of the image going dark for a split second in the middle of many recordings.
Yes, agreed, on a computer it is a lot easier with a mouse, but the RCA app is definitely far better and mimics the web interface a lot more than any of the other mobile apps for sure.
Glad to know I am not the only one with the blackout in the videos. Hopefully a new firmware release will fix this, but who knows when that's coming.

lk229

n3wb
Reaction score
elitef... Just tried setting the detection area on my phone and remembered why I didn't do it before (other than ease of use). Even though I get a live image just fine, when I go to the motion detection area page, all I see is a tan grid with a message saying to go to live view and come back and try again. Just won't show the image on the setting screen and won't let me set it without the image showing. However, on the previous page, it does say "Partial area" under Motion Detection Area.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
elitef... Just tried setting the detection area on my phone and remembered why I didn't do it before (other than ease of use). Even though I get a live image just fine, when I go to the motion detection area page, all I see is a tan grid with a message saying to go to live view and come back and try again. Just won't show the image on the setting screen and won't let me set it without the image showing. However, on the previous page, it does say "Partial area" under Motion Detection Area.
had the same thing, log out from the app and log back in with the hikconnect account. that solves it for me every time.

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Just installed mine yesterday and updated to the latest Nelly’s firmware. I drew my motion detection through the app and it seems to be working fine.

I just had a delivery guy come to the door and push the camera lenses cover and not the button... I suspect that this will be a common occurrence.

Also, through my testing yesterday, I had to move my second Wi-Fi router right next to the doorbell for it to get consistent streaming. The router was only 15 feet away originally and it was throwing a fit. Once I moved the router right underneath the doorbell it has been solid.

lk229

n3wb
Reaction score
had the same thing, log out from the app and log back in with the hikconnect account. that solves it for me every time.
Not sure what you mean. I tried going to the More... menu and clicking Logout. Force Stopped the app, then re-opened it, logged in, but get the same thing. Are these the steps you recommended, or should I logout of the RCA app, then try using the Hikvision app to set the area?

lk229

n3wb
Reaction score
Also, through my testing yesterday, I had to move my second Wi-Fi router right next to the doorbell for it to get consistent streaming. The router was only 15 feet away originally and it was throwing a fit. Once I moved the router right underneath the doorbell it has been solid.
I needed to add an extra Netgear Obri satellite close to my front door to have it connect to Wi-Fi even though other devices connect from much further away.

archedraft

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I needed to add an extra Netgear Obri satellite close to my front door to have it connect to Wi-Fi even though other devices connect from much further away.
Yeah, the other comments in this post were not joking when they said the Wi-Fi has to be within 5 feet.