Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you. I will try that. I did download and install a plugin for Mac safari but it didn’t seem to help.
Question-do I have to load all firmware versions in order or can I go to the end and just do the last one only?
Just the one you want to install--no need to flash anything in between.

Reaction score
Received my Uniden from Brandsmart today. New 30A transformer coming tomorrow. Looking forward to setting this up with my current BI system.

Currently have a Skybell, but get many false positives due to a tree next to the door. At the lower sensitivity settings it has missed some people coming to the door. Lack of motion zones has always been a negative for me, but it has worked well otherwise.

ed_k

n3wb
Reaction score
Just the one you want to install--no need to flash anything in between.
I have a Uniden DB1 (16-24v version of Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP I believe) (others by NSC, RCA etc. of course)

I tried digicap.dat firmware v1.4.62 build 180809 from Hikvision:

DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL

It rebooted fast (too fast) and came back to my original 180726. All my other updates were fine but they came from Nelly’s.

Anyone tried the 180809 (from here or somewhere else?) and had it work?

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've been using 180726 happily for months. Not sure if 180809 adds anything big/obvious.

allen23423

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to connect this camera to home bridge through homebridge-camera-ffmpeg? I have the LTS camera/doorbell and can't figure out what the source URL should be.

Sorry if this has already been asked but I haven't found a way to easily search through all of the 80+ pages.

Edit: Nevermind I just figured out the search and found what I needed.

Reaction score
Just installed the Uniden today along with a new 16v 30a transformer. Also installed the August chime power module to keep my manual chime from buzzing.

I haven't had the chance to complete set up as my internet has been down all day. Power has also been flickering due to high winds.

One thing that is now happening is when the power flickers off then comes back on , the doorbell will now ring. It never did this before with my Skybell with a 16v 10a transformer. Is this new ringing due to a higher power transformer? Does anyone know how to keep this from happening? For reference it does this both with and without the August chime power module.

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Just installed the Uniden today along with a new 16v 30a transformer. Also installed the August chime power module to keep my manual chime from buzzing.

I haven't had the chance to complete set up as my internet has been down all day. Power has also been flickering due to high winds.

One thing that is now happening is when the power flickers off then comes back on , the doorbell will now ring. It never did this before with my Skybell with a 16v 10a transformer. Is this new ringing due to a higher power transformer? Does anyone know how to keep this from happening? For reference it does this both with and without the August chime power module.
yes mine does the same ringing only once at every power outage or flickering. I have the August power module installed too. i am also using 16V 30VA transformer. the only difference is i am using one 16V 30VA transformer with 2 doorbells.

when i tested with 16V 10VA transformer it also had the same ringing at every power outage or flickering.

I am not sure what to do to prevent this from happening. it seems to me this problem may come from the doorbell internal circuit design. i don't see the same problem when i power recyle the doorbell thru either web GUI or ivms 4200.

ed_k

n3wb
Reaction score
Turns out having both cameras on port 8000 was causing the problem. Switched the one to 9000 and everything is working good
I tried to change the port on my second doorbell (both Uniden on build v180726) via web interface to something other than 8000 and tried 8001 and 9000. It first warns that I need to reboot after(fine) then when I click OK I get an error on the bottom right that says “Parameter error. Any ideas?

My other Uniden DB1 is working fine at the front including access outside the home via the app. (the reason I need a different port than 8000 as front bell has 8000 for port forwarding) This second one I just added doesn’t like anything but 8000. Editing in and viewing in IE is otherwise fine with the plugin.

Last edited:

RedWMC

n3wb
Reaction score
I tried to change the port on my second doorbell (both Uniden on build v180726) via web interface to something other than 8000 and tried 8001 and 9000. It first warns that I need to reboot after(fine) then when I click OK I get an error on the bottom right that says “Parameter error. Any ideas?

My other Uniden DB1 is working fine at the front including access outside the home via the app. (the reason I need a different port than 8000 as front bell has 8000 for port forwarding) This second one I just added doesn’t like anything but 8000. Editing in and viewing in IE is otherwise fine with the plugin.
Depending on your router, and your setup, you shouldn't have to use the exact same port# on the LAN(Internal) as on the WAN (External). Try seeing if your router will let you forward to an alternative port externally than internally Example 8001>192.168.1.11>8000 and 8000>192.168.1.10>8000

doctorwizz

n3wb
Reaction score
The Uniden One app was updated today

WHAT'S NEW
- Fingerprint recognition enabled
- Resume latest live view (if enabled, latest live view will be resumed when entering app)
- Now allows changing of verification code of camera (easier password management of the device)

goofball

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry if this was answered, I searched in the thread and have read all 87 pages (took me 5 days to digest it).

I have the Uniden DB1 running the 180809 firmware from HikVision.
I have the Hitron modem/router from Rogers.
In order to successfully complete the setup of the doorbell, I had to put the IP in the DMZ. Otherwise, I could get through most of the setup but it would error out at the end and never show up on the HikVision servers.
Once that was done, I could remove it from the DMZ and it would stay connected.
If I reboot the doorbell (power loss, reboot from web UI), it cannot connect back to the HikVision servers, it shows offline. I know it is not, as I'm able to view the video using iVideon (RTSP) and can use the web UI.
This is what I have tried:

-On HikVision, setting the server port to 8000 and http port to 80
-confirming the doorbell IP on the router, and it is set to DHCP reserved so it always receives that IP
-On the router, forwarding ports 8000, 80, and 554 to the doorbell.
-using SADP, confirming the IP and have tried changing the service ports. Message indicates it was successful. I then changed it on HikVision.
-On HikVision, setting the ports to Auto. On the router, enabling UPNP.

All that fails to have the DB showing connectivity to HikVision. If I put it in the DMZ, it will show online with a few seconds. I can then remove it from the DMZ and it will work. All the rules regarding the IP of the doorbell are removed. There are no duplicate ports in use in the forwarding rules, I made sure it was a distinct port to the IP.

Another question, I believe I read the answer but have scoured so many threads and forums, I can't remember where so I apologize if it was answered already.
Is there a way to still have 2 way audio via the app, but not have the doorbell ringing the whole time audibly if I answer the door without answering the app? I have the thought that I may not answer the doorbell (if I'm at work, or in the car driving) but another family member may be home and could answer the door, I would hate for the doorbell ring to keep going off while they are at the door.

Thanks for any advice.

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Odd. You should not need any port forwards for this doorbell to work, period. you might try a full reset of the doorbell and try to set it up again. Try using one of the other apps to set it up (RCA, LaView, etc.). Don't put it in the DMZ--that should not be necessary. If you get the same failure then my guess is that the problem is something to do with your router's configuration. Not sure if it's a solution you're willing to pursue, but you might try buying a separate WiFi router and plugging it into your existing Rogers box. Most modem/router combos can be placed in a "bridge mode" that makes them function merely as a modem--that way there would be no double NAT going on.

I believe the problem with the doorbell endlessly ringing is caused by the 180809 firmware--there was a recent post in this thread saying as much. You may want to flash 180726. I've been using that firmware for many months without issue.

goofball

n3wb
Reaction score
Odd. You should not need any port forwards for this doorbell to work, period. you might try a full reset of the doorbell and try to set it up again. Try using one of the other apps to set it up (RCA, LaView, etc.). Don't put it in the DMZ--that should not be necessary. If you get the same failure then my guess is that the problem is something to do with your router's configuration. Not sure if it's a solution you're willing to pursue, but you might try buying a separate WiFi router and plugging it into your existing Rogers box. Most modem/router combos can be placed in a "bridge mode" that makes them function merely as a modem--that way there would be no double NAT going on.

I believe the problem with the doorbell endlessly ringing is caused by the 180809 firmware--there was a recent post in this thread saying as much. You may want to flash 180726. I've been using that firmware for many months without issue.
Thanks, will give it a try.

It is very odd, I have many smart devices in the house that do not need port forwarding for it to work. This is the first one that has needed DMZ access.
I'll try 180726 again, I did have it on before, cannot recall if it did the endless ringing.

I'd have to rework my network if I did put the Rogers router into bridge mode but I am curious if this would work. Maybe something to consider.

I've reset the doorbell many times, it came with an older firmware (something from 2017) and I've updated it to 180726 before 180809. I'll roll it back to 180726 and maybe that solves all the problems.

Thanks for the suggestions!

doctorwizz

n3wb
Reaction score
Sorry if this was answered, I searched in the thread and have read all 87 pages (took me 5 days to digest it).

Another question, I believe I read the answer but have scoured so many threads and forums, I can't remember where so I apologize if it was answered already.
Is there a way to still have 2 way audio via the app, but not have the doorbell ringing the whole time audibly if I answer the door without answering the app? I have the thought that I may not answer the doorbell (if I'm at work, or in the car driving) but another family member may be home and could answer the door, I would hate for the doorbell ring to keep going off while they are at the door.

Thanks for any advice.
I can start 2-way audio from the Uniden One app.
In the live veiw, there are icons at the bottom. Scroll them to the left until you see the mic icon. Third icon from the right. Hit that to start 2 way audio.
Edit: I just tried it and worked fine.

Last edited:

goofball

n3wb
Reaction score

Update:
180726 fixed the issue regarding the doorbell ringing constantly until the call is answered/declined.

Still unable to have it connect to Hikvision's servers though. I might have to find some time to retool the network, put in another router in place of the Hitron performing the routing, and see if that resolves anything.

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update:
180726 fixed the issue regarding the doorbell ringing constantly until the call is answered/declined.

Still unable to have it connect to Hikvision's servers though. I might have to find some time to retool the network, put in another router in place of the Hitron performing the routing, and see if that resolves anything.
Thanks for confirming about the doorbell ringing thing being resolved with 180726. We only had the one report so it's good to get a second.

I think it's very likely that using a different router (especially from a standard brand like Netgear, Linksys, etc.) will resolve your connectivity issues. Reason being that your doorbell worked when put in the DMZ. That indicates the router is fully blocking one or more ports when it's not in the DMZ.

goofball

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for confirming about the doorbell ringing thing being resolved with 180726. We only had the one report so it's good to get a second.

I think it's very likely that using a different router (especially from a standard brand like Netgear, Linksys, etc.) will resolve your connectivity issues. Reason being that your doorbell worked when put in the DMZ. That indicates the router is fully blocking one or more ports when it's not in the DMZ.
DMZ is only needed to make the connection. I can remove it from DMZ once I see it showing online with hikvision. It stays connected until a reboot. This is with no port forward rules in place. Port forwarding doesnt seem to work for this camera for me.

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
DMZ is only needed to make the connection. I can remove it from DMZ once I see it showing online with hikvision. It stays connected until a reboot. This is with no port forward rules in place. Port forwarding doesnt seem to work for this camera for me.
I understand, but it's not at all surprising to me that port forwarding isn't helping--because the doorbell doesn't receive unsolicited incoming connections from the internet (i.e. it is designed to operate without port forwarding). I'm saying something in your router's configuration is blocking or interfering with the outgoing communications the doorbell is trying to make with hikvision's backend. It may not be anything you can control as the end user. I'm unfamiliar with your brand of modem/router so I have no idea where to begin looking in its configuration for settings that could make it work. That's why I suggest getting an "off the shelf" router from one of the main brands of consumer networking gear. Even though there will be a cost involved, you may see other benefits as well. I've never been impressed with any ISP-provided router. Even setting aside the problem you are experiencing, they're usually using outdated and cheap WiFi chips and lack standard amenities like gigabit ethernet ports and oftentimes are at least semi-locked down in terms of features accessible to the end user.