Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

ken830

n3wb
Reaction score
171205 still saying subscriber not available after the ring time out
I ended up buying the RCA version anyway and mine does not seem to have that subscriber-not-available announcement. I upgraded the firmware using Hik-connect and it's at 171127.

But the problem is that when someone presses the doorbell, Hik-connect (Android) pops up and the "ringing" sound comes through as media. But my media volume is set really low or silent. Why can't it just ring like a ringer or notification. Then I can set the proper volume and even usr vibrate.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I ended up buying the RCA version anyway and mine does not seem to have that subscriber-not-available announcement. I upgraded the firmware using Hik-connect and it's at 171127.

But the problem is that when someone presses the doorbell, Hik-connect (Android) pops up and the "ringing" sound comes through as media. But my media volume is set really low or silent. Why can't it just ring like a ringer or notification. Then I can set the proper volume and even usr vibrate.
I have the same thought, but I set my notification to always vibrate so that help a little

ken830

n3wb
Reaction score
I have the same thought, but I set my notification to always vibrate so that help a little
How do you do that? You mean the motion detection notification? If so, do you get a lot of false alerts? I was planning to turn off motion notification. Wish the doorbell notification was just like the motion.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I noticed that RCA added this info the other day to their RCA doorbell product info page. I'm pretty sure I didn't see any .MOV files when I was still on the RCA firmware on the first day I received the doorbell but have since updated to LTS's Hik flavor at build 171219. I see .DAT format on the microsd card and .MP4 if I do manual recording from camera web page but curious if other new RCA users see actual .MOV format on theirs. Unless they were using "MOV" loosely since it's basically same as .MP4 and interchangeable.

Information on the RCA Video Doorbell Camera Model : HSDB1
"NOTE: The HSDB1 doesn’t work with ifttt, SmartThings or Google Home
The format for the videos taken by the HSDB1 is MOV"

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just an FYI, if anyone is trying to use any of the HIKvision software (there many versions) apparently you cannot go into device management and add an STMP email for notifications of events (movement, etc..) However, apparently if you have one of their NVR's and you "link" that into their client software, you can then add the email there..

Anyone try to get email notifications directly through any variant of HIKvision software or have an NVR hooked up and get notifications that way?

I'm using the HIKvision app for the doorbell and find the push notifications are getting a bit annoying and somewhat useless (only a 20 second video clip recorded on the SD card..) Rather move this over to an NVR..

Skinsfan

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a motion light at my front door that turns on with motion (of course) but also when a car goes down my street at night. Even at the lowest setting on the motion light, it still turns on (I think it turns on with motion and when it senses light .. in this case, headlights from the street). Is there a setting that will stop the doorbell from sending me an alert every time that light turns on and off? I am getting a LOT of unnecessary alerts. I have the motion area for the doorbell set to exclude the street. (Sorry if this has been addressed .. I can't find a search thread function).

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a Tuxedo Touch Wi-Fi Panel as well and have tried numerous combinations since I've installed my doorbell but couldn't get any of the RTSP url's to stream. I don't believe our Hikvision doorbell is compatible with the Tuxedo. That is the one reason I still hang on my two Amcrest ProHD 1080p IP2M-841B cameras because they still work with the Tuxedo.
Most likely your Amcrest are streaming MJPEG and not H.264. Does your device handle H.264 streams? Also, you may want to try the sub-stream (102 instead of 101).

Ip2b

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Most likely your Amcrest are streaming MJPEG and not H.264. Does your device handle H.264 streams? Also, you may want to try the sub-stream (102 instead of 101).
Would be cool to get this to work - don't see why it won't..but maybe it needs a software upgrade - who knows...the nice thing is these keypads are wall mounted and there's a nice video camera button right on the main screen - convenient if it worked..

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The Amcrest ptz cameras are streaming H.264 for mainstream and MJPEG for my sub-stream. The Tuxedo Touch is viewing the sub-stream on those Amcrest cameras. I've only used sub-streams for the Tuxedo Touch cameras. Funny thing is the cheap xiaomi type compact ip cameras works but can't get any of my Dahua or Hikvisions to stream.

Per Honeywell's datasheet and reason why I upgraded to their touchscreen security panels thinking it would be compatible with future ip cameras but doesn't look like Honeywell cares at this point. "Connect up to 32 MPEG4, H.264 or OnVIF format IP cameras and view up to four cameras directly on the Tuxedo Touch display or locally on Wi-Fi enabled devices" https://www.security.honeywell.com/documents/L_TUXEDODLD_D.pdf

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
The Amcrest ptz cameras are streaming H.264 for mainstream and MJPEG for my sub-stream. The Tuxedo Touch is viewing the sub-stream on those Amcrest cameras. I've only used sub-streams for the Tuxedo Touch cameras. Funny thing is the cheap xiaomi type compact ip cameras works but can't get any of my Dahua or Hikvisions to stream.
I googled around and someone started a google community for the device, on the left-hand side there's a link to compatible cam list and there are some H.264 cams listed, including a few Hikvision ones, but note the reduce bit rate, etc...you may want to try to adjust the cam parameters (using the sub-channel and reduce to min resolution, bit rate at 1024 and fps around 4) with the web app and try again:
https://plus.google.com/communities/111428331721418630777
https://www.security.honeywell.com/documents/TechNote_IpCamComp.pdf

Last edited:

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I googled around and someone started a google community for the device, on the left-hand side there's a link to compatible cam list and there are some H.264 cams listed, including a few Hikvision ones, but note the reduce bit rate, etc...you may want to try to adjust the cam parameters (using the sub-channel and reduce to min resolution, bit rate at 1024 and fps around 4) with the web app and try again:
https://plus.google.com/communities/111428331721418630777
https://www.security.honeywell.com/documents/TechNote_IpCamComp.pdf
Unfortunately, I can't change fps from the locked in 12 fps since I'm on latest firmware 171219. The Amcrest substreams are on 1024 and 8 fps I believe. The last time I contacted Honeywell, it was use the IP compatible list or you're on your own if not listed.

I noticed Tuxedo thinks about it a little bit longer before saying video stopped when I used rtsp://192.168.1.x/mpeg4/ch01/main/av_stream. Maybe if I can find the original 171114 build that my RCA doorbell came with, I'll test the lower fps as I recall seeing low fps from the dropdown list in that firmware build.

ToadRage

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So I have a bit of a dillema, my LaView doorbell camera came in today so I was excited to get it installed. I removed my Ring doorbell to find a plethora of holes. My entryway is beginning to look like the scene of a drive by shooting.

I thought maybe I could reuse some of the holes to mount the new doorbell, but none of them will line up. This doorbell is also slimmer then the Ring so holes will be exposed. So once again I’m going to have to drill more holes in the same spot.

What is the best way to fill these holes and make it look good? Or do they make a larger mounting plate that can be ordered to cover the existing holes?

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Attachments

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hey guys,
What is the best way to fill these holes and make it look good? Or do they make a larger mounting plate that can be ordered to cover the existing holes?
Thoughts? Suggestions?
I'd probably do the quick and easy of using a nickel or whatever metal/wood single gang cover plate you like as your base beneath the doorbell to cover the holes. I've attached a picture of a single gang plate you can buy from places like Home Depot if in the US. Either that or you can custom fab any plastic or composite base in shape/size you desire and spray paint to your color similar in concept to thediy wedge/shim I did for my Hik doorbell.

Attachments

ToadRage

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd probably do the quick and easy of using a nickel or whatever metal/wood single gang cover plate you like as your base beneath the doorbell to cover the holes. I've attached a picture of a single gang plate you can buy from places like Home Depot if in the US. Either that or you can custom fab any plastic or composite base in shape/size you desire and spray paint to your color similar in concept to thediy wedge/shim I did for my Hik doorbell.
That’s a great idea! Will give it a try.

concord

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Unfortunately, I can't change fps from the locked in 12 fps since I'm on latest firmware 171219. The Amcrest substreams are on 1024 and 8 fps I believe. The last time I contacted Honeywell, it was use the IP compatible list or you're on your own if not listed.

I noticed Tuxedo thinks about it a little bit longer before saying video stopped when I used rtsp://192.168.1.x/mpeg4/ch01/main/av_stream. Maybe if I can find the original 171114 build that my RCA doorbell came with, I'll test the lower fps as I recall seeing low fps from the dropdown list in that firmware build.
So your sub-stream/channel is fixed too? On the Clare, the main stream/channel is fixed, but the sub-channel/stream is not. If I go into the cam with the web app, the Main stream is shown on the pulldown menu first, but if you press on it, it will expand where you can select the sub-stream/channel. There, I'm able to select resolution (720x640? or 320x200 or something), the max bit rate, and the fps on it. Then use the sub-stream/channel instead of the main stream/channel.

Pilot04

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
So your sub-stream/channel is fixed too? On the Clare, the main stream/channel is fixed, but the sub-channel/stream is not. If I go into the cam with the web app, the Main stream is shown on the pulldown menu first, but if you press on it, it will expand where you can select the sub-stream/channel. There, I'm able to select resolution (720x640? or 320x200 or something), the max bit rate, and the fps on it. Then use the sub-stream/channel instead of the main stream/channel.
Yes, on my LTS firmware build 171219 that I installed on my RCA variant doorbell, firmware has the sub-stream locked to 12fps. That was the first thing I noticed when I upgraded from the RCA firmware to the LTS build. That is why I'm hoping LTS/Nelly/Laview/Uniden will come out with new firmware to address the outstanding issues(1. disable IR, 2. disable no answer message or allow custom mp3, 3. unlock fps/resolution/compression/etc).

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
How do you do that? You mean the motion detection notification? If so, do you get a lot of false alerts? I was planning to turn off motion notification. Wish the doorbell notification was just like the motion.
I double checked, yes it seem my vibration alert was from the motion detection push notification and not the Doorbell button push call request. I submitted a feedback in hik-connect app asking them to change it... finger crossed

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Yesterday, I enabled the Power Booster setting on my doorbell config for fun but couldn't tell any difference. It probably needs that external optional Power Booster unit before any benefits can be realized as my voltage was already at 19V. It's a wait and see till that US power booster unit come out to get more specs.
Possibly stumbled across additional power booster related info on the RCA site...

https://voxxintl.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/article_attachments/360000906273/PDF_Chime_hum_Fix_.pdf

The wiring diagram "appears" to show it connecting to the same terminal as the previous pdf file, cant say for sure though

http://www.hikvision.com/uploadfile/image/511330_NA-KB6013-WIP Data Sheet.PDF

If this new discovery is indeed related to the mysterious power booster.... it seem its just a box to fix the Hum some users hear from their mechanical doorbell. Too bad I can't read the barcode/label clearly in the new PDF file to get a partnumber