Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

kjlf94301

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision firmware 180515 on the Hikvision Europe download portal has this in the release notes: "no audio indication that the home owner is not at home"

Also, hoping this solves my issue with the camera stopping reporting motion detection to my NVR: "switching off the alarm push notification will not stop motion detection recording"

Let's see how it goes!

Release notes: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/portal/Product Firmware 2018/Access control & Video Intercom/Video Intercom/IP Door Bells/Wi-Fi Door Bell/V1.4.62/Build 180515/DS-KB6403 Wi-Fi Doorbell V1.4.62_Build 180515 EU Release Notes.pdf

DOWNLOAD PORTAL

It looks like the 16-24vac version is the 6003. 12vdc is the 6403.

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hikvision firmware 180515 on the Hikvision Europe download portal has this in the release notes: "no audio indication that the home owner is not at home"

Also, hoping this solves my issue with the camera stopping reporting motion detection to my NVR: "switching off the alarm push notification will not stop motion detection recording"

Let's see how it goes!

Release notes: http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/portal/Product Firmware 2018/Access control & Video Intercom/Video Intercom/IP Door Bells/Wi-Fi Door Bell/V1.4.62/Build 180515/DS-KB6403 Wi-Fi Doorbell V1.4.62_Build 180515 EU Release Notes.pdf

DOWNLOAD PORTAL

It looks like the 16-24vac version is the 6003. 12vdc is the 6403.
I just upgraded to this 180515 using the 6003 one. Initially it ran fine by looking at the live streaming video. When I pressed the ring button on the doorbell once my mechanical chime rang once but then i pressed one more time, the chime rang two consecutive times. this gave me strong indication that the doorbell just rebooted. so i checked my ivms-4200 and confirmed the doorbell went offline.

after rebooting i did the same thing and it rebooted again so i guess the new firmware consumed more power as my transformer could not supply enough current to it.

The good thing about this new firmware was indeed if no one answered the door the doorbell would not prompt "the subscriber is not available".

now the worst part of the new firmware was that the motion detection stop working. i made sure the motion detection was turned on in both phone app and ivms-4200 and the sensitivity was set to 1 (minimum). i put my hand in front of the camera and got no notification on phone app and i got no alarm event in ivms-4200. so i was confident that the motion detection stopped working.

after restoring back to 121719 everything went fine again. so i have doubt about this new firmware 180515 is stable enough.

kjlf94301

n3wb
Reaction score
I just upgraded to this 180515 using the 6003 one. Initially it ran fine by looking at the live streaming video. When I pressed the ring button on the doorbell once my mechanical chime rang once but then i pressed one more time, the chime rang two consecutive times. this gave me strong indication that the doorbell just rebooted. so i checked my ivms-4200 and confirmed the doorbell went offline.

after rebooting i did the same thing and it rebooted again so i guess the new firmware consumed more power as my transformer could not supply enough current to it.

The good thing about this new firmware was indeed if no one answered the door the doorbell would not prompt "the subscriber is not available".

now the worst part of the new firmware was that the motion detection stop working. i made sure the motion detection was turned on in both phone app and ivms-4200 and the sensitivity was set to 1 (minimum). i put my hand in front of the camera and got no notification on phone app and i got no alarm event in ivms-4200. so i was confident that the motion detection stopped working.

after restoring back to 121719 everything went fine again. so i have doubt about this new firmware 180515 is stable enough.
Thanks for the review of the firmware. I just upgraded mine and it seems to be working okay for now. I didn’t notice the reboot upon doorbell press like you mentioned. It did become unregistered inn hik-connect though. I’ll let it sit a couple more days and see what happens. The NVR didn’t have recordings, but I looked and motion was disabled again in the settings. Hoping checking the box on the NVR makes it work for more than a couple of days.

Shyam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ended up using the relay mentioned previously in this thread to detect a doorbell press. Works great.

I went a bit further and use a z-wave MimoLite device to allow me to turn the chime on and off. I have a resistor and the chime in parallel. The MimoLite relay is acting as a switch for the chime's branch. The resistor branch keeps power to the camera even when the chime is disabled. I'm sensing the voltage increase across the resistor with the relay which triggers the digital input of the MimoLite regardless of if the chime is bypassed or not.

It was then really easy to write rules such as:
-Turn off chime when not home so we don't annoy the dog, but still notify me
-Turn off chime, but blink a lamp during designated quiet times when baby is sleeping
-Turn off chime during certain times unless pressed 2 times within a minute, but more than 10 seconds apart (ignore delivery drivers essentially... someone persistant will still chime)
-Turn off chime at night
-Save a picture from the camera when pressed to the automation system log
-Play a sound on Sonos so we can hear chime in parts of house that can't hear the chime

Relay: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000LESCI2
Resisor: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B011U9WXP4
MimoLite: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00B6RZ7MM
Fantastic, do you have a wiring diagram for this?

Cheers
Shyam

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

pdet

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Nelly Security version of this camera. Is there a way to switch to the HIkvision version of the firmware. I tried downloading the firmware from http://www.hikvisioneurope.com and upgrade via the web GUI by unzipping and uploading the dav file in the zip. It uploaded, but the firmware did not seem to update when I check the system configuration. Has anyone successfully been able to switch the doorbell "personality" via a firmware upgrade?

Thx

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a Nelly Security version of this camera. Is there a way to switch to the HIkvision version of the firmware. I tried downloading the firmware from http://www.hikvisioneurope.com and upgrade via the web GUI by unzipping and uploading the dav file in the zip. It uploaded, but the firmware did not seem to update when I check the system configuration. Has anyone successfully been able to switch the doorbell "personality" via a firmware upgrade?

Thx
are you referring to hikvision firmware 180515 using the 6003 one? I tried it on RCA brand using web GUI. it failed to update the first time. so i stopped using the web GUI. i then used ivms-4200 to update and it worked. but i downgraded it back to 171219 because of instability of 180515. see my post above.

pdet

n3wb
Reaction score
are you referring to hikvision firmware 180515 using the 6003 one? I tried it on RCA brand using web GUI. it failed to update the first time. so i stopped using the web GUI. i then used ivms-4200 to update and it worked. but i downgraded it back to 171219 because of instability of 180515. see my post above.
I installed ivms-4200, and tried to swap to the HikVision variant of the firmware. Unfortunately it would not let me ("Device Type Error")

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
new firmware build date 5-15-18 is now floating around from the usual suspect sites.

DOWNLOAD PORTAL

be sure download the 6003 and not the 6403

No more owner is not home after call time out

Last edited:

bccrew

n3wb
Reaction score
This is just getting ridiculous... Still no option to simply turn off IR... !

I have a street light shining right into the lens, causing huge IR reflection, there is just enough light at night... please

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
This is just getting ridiculous... Still no option to simply turn off IR... !

I have a street light shining right into the lens, causing huge IR reflection, there is just enough light at night... please
Anyway to add more lights? like a porch light or Solar spot light?

bccrew

n3wb
Reaction score
This is how it looks like at night:

You can hardly see there is a car on my driveway :)

2018-07-11 08.46.17 (Small).jpg

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
try cleaning the dome lens with some glasses cleaner and a lens wipe micro fiber cloth. I found it help reduce the glare quite a bit. I suspect wiping the inside will get rid of most of my remaining glare but have not been able to bring myself to spend the time to disassemble the unit to clean the inside

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, just clean inside and outside. i took it apart and it just had 4 screws at each corner to hold the cover, then 3 screws to hold the mainboard. that's. take the mainboard out and you can see the inside dome. the camera is on the mainboard and it is very clean, just the dome on the cover is dirty inside.

LargePig

n3wb
Reaction score
I've read through this and the LTS thread but am still left wondering if the DB-120A-IW is worth the entry fee. It can be had for around £80/$107 here in the UK which might be cheap enough to compensate for the complaints?

Is anyone actually happy with theirs?
I am using mine with Blue iris and with the volume muted on the bell so the annoying announcements don't happen. For my purposes it's perfect and I am very happy with it.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Building a new house right now. Electrical rough-in will be complete in a couple of days. After reading through this thread it doesn't seem like there is a solid option out there for a doorbell camera that will integrate well with BlueIris. If you were me, would you just run Cat6 to the doorbell and chime location and just wait or is there something I can install now that will work? Thanks!

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You should run Cat6 there regardless--now is the time to do that! I think Doorbird is a pretty well-recommended option. They are expensive (and require hard-wiring) but I think people have found them reliable (but please research that).

I am a fan of hardwiring anything you need to be reliable (and a doorbell is one of those things). So even if you go with a wireless solution now, you may be glad later that you've got Cat6 already run to that location.

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
You should run Cat6 there regardless--now is the time to do that! I think Doorbird is a pretty well-recommended option. They are expensive (and require hard-wiring) but I think people have found them reliable (but please research that).

I am a fan of hardwiring anything you need to be reliable (and a doorbell is one of those things). So even if you go with a wireless solution now, you may be glad later that you've got Cat6 already run to that location.
That's the plan! I have around 40 drops planned so far.