Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Cool. That might be too small to be effective... Maybe trying to seal it with silicone caulk might be better

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’m not sure where the leak is coming from. I may take out the board. Load it with toilet paper and soak it with dyed water to see where the Leak actually is located.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Oddy enough, there are multiple ways to setup this cam. Some ways don't prompt for the pwd. The way that worked for me is following the in app directions. The paper manual instruction was a fail.
Finally got it worked out, had to reset the cam and go through the steps again.
Thanks for your assistance.

Now, does anyone know how to change the port on this doorbell? I tried changing it in SADP but it reverts back to 80. I also tried to change it on the web interface and got a Parameter Error message.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Also, was wondering how people are fixing the issue with the night vision? I took the film off the lens and the IR ring, but still have issues.
Daytime is nice and crisp, no complaints, but night vision is terrible, a ton of white dots on the lens cap it seems but the lens cap/dome are clean.

Attachments

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Also, was wondering how people are fixing the issue with the night vision? I took the film off the lens and the IR ring, but still have issues.
Daytime is nice and crisp, no complaints, but night vision is terrible, a ton of white dots on the lens cap it seems but the lens cap/dome are clean.
Read back through the past six or seven pages. The white dots are dust (presumably from the manufacturing process) that's stuck on the inside of the dome. Someone posted instructions on how to disassemble the doorbell so you can clean that dome. There are also instructions on how to unplug the IR emitters if you don't want to use them.

Edit: It's post #1085

Last edited:

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Finally got it worked out, had to reset the cam and go through the steps again.
Thanks for your assistance.

Now, does anyone know how to change the port on this doorbell? I tried changing it in SADP but it reverts back to 80. I also tried to change it on the web interface and got a Parameter Error message.
Did you install the web plugin for the web interface? If using IE, disable active x after you install the plugin.

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Read back through the past six or seven pages. The white dots are dust (presumably from the manufacturing process) that's stuck on the inside of the dome. Someone posted instructions on how to disassemble the doorbell so you can clean that dome. There are also instructions on how to unplug the IR emitters if you don't want to use them.

Think the results were due to disabling vs cleaning the dome, but it doesn't hurt to try cleaning first... I haven't had a chance to disable my IR yet.

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Think the results were due to disabling vs cleaning the dome, but it doesn't hurt to try cleaning first... I haven't had a chance to disable my IR yet.
I'm pretty sure I remember reading way earlier in this thread (prior to the discovery that one could unplug the IR LEDs) that someone did try cleaning the dome & lens and it did eliminate the white spots. I think he posted before and after images from the doorbell, so I think it's probably worth a shot.

elitef

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Thanks. I took the thing apart and cleaned it. also noticed that mine came with a free MicroSD card which I didnt realize at first. I purchased the Uniden version and I guess I got a nice surprise. We shall see if cleaning it did anything or not. If not, then I'll have to disable the IR and make my outside light stay on all night :-/
Does anyone know if it is possible to change the port on this doorbell from port 80 to something else?

tygger

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Mine, LaView version, came with a sd card as well. Not sure about the port change... If you installed the plug-in, can view the live image in the web interface, then I have no clue why it's not saving.

So embarrassingly enough.... I simply cleaned the outside of the dome (didnt clean inside or disable IR) and the picture is a million times better. I can see a slight reflection of the lens, but that could be caused by the IR reflection hitting the brick on the side of the house.

What could I use to absorb the IR light?

Reaction score
I finally disabled the ir on one doorbell, and left the other ir activated. The doorbellcam with the IR disabled in my opinion is far more useable. Looking at the two side by side, the one without the ir on has a useable picture throughout dusk and early evening. You can see the porch, and activities on the porch, and far off events.
The DoorBellCam with the ir left activated was NOT useable at all except for viewing someone right in front of the door. The picture is NOT useable because of the ir reflections and leaves the whole porch wiped out. The only thing you can see is the dome, its reflection and someone standing right in front of the cam. I was looking forward to seeing wildlife on the porch in darkness, but no luck.

To sum it up, if you are fortunate enough to have a porch light come on, DISCONNECT THE IR and don't look back!
It is so easy to unplug the two ir connections and the picture in the evening / early morning will be outstanding.
I will definitely be disabling the ir on the remaining camera!

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i am seeing a problem today. my hikvision app deleted all my cameras and once i wanted to add one camera back it said the camera has been added to another account. i am using three phones with the same login credential in hikvision. all 3 phone apps today have no camera inside any more. all said the same thing about the camera has been added to another account. does anyone know what i can do about this?

alienatsf

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
i am seeing a problem today. my hikvision app deleted all my cameras and once i wanted to add one camera back it said the camera has been added to another account. i am using three phones with the same login credential in hikvision. all 3 phone apps today have no camera inside any more. all said the same thing about the camera has been added to another account. does anyone know what i can do about this?
ok, i can answer my own question now. i previously used RCA security app and Laview Connect app. all under the login credential. i went to RCA security app and got the same situation. so i went to Laview connect app, surprisingly i found all my doorbell cameras back there.. i hadn't used laview app for a few months already.....glad that i did not remove it.

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
To sum it up, if you are fortunate enough to have a porch light come on, DISCONNECT THE IR and don't look back!
It is so easy to unplug the two ir connections and the picture in the evening / early morning will be outstanding.
I will definitely be disabling the ir on the remaining camera!
Yeah, I think the IR is more of a hindrance than a help. I think I'm going to unplug mine this weekend. I do have a porch light that comes on and off automatically so I think I should get decent nighttime visibility with that.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I determined where the water is getting in on mine. It’s around the IR/dome and the speaker at the bottom. I have an RMA and it’s getting sent back today.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
so we all know about the weak wifi issue with this doorbell.... I was using Asus AI mesh with another AP nearby to address the issue before, but the latest router firmware totally broke my setup. Then an idea dawn on me to just run some antenna cable. This pretty much solved my weak signal issue for only $10.

It may not be for everyone, but for my final install I was able to hide the cable and antenna behind my couch in the living room (where the kids toys are) and you only see a 2 ft section along the baseboard where the kitchen go into the living room on the other side of the countertop.

The router is in the picture with the arrow pointing to its location (its the most central location in the house and provide decent 5ghz for the second floor, Cable modem and everything else are in the basement, I used the under counter HVAC vent opening to run a cat5 and power cable to under the counter top where the router is), for testing I drag the cable and antenna down the hallway to the front door before i started drilling holes under the counter top to run the cable. I circled where i was hanging the antenna for testing and where the doorbell is located.

For the final install the antenna on the opposite side of the hallway by the kids toys area hidden behind a couch roughly the same distance to the doorbell. The cable was a 10 meters wifi SMA antenna cable for $10 I got on Amazon. I think for my setup I could have got away with using a 8m cable. Alternately I'm thinking to use the baby gate to hide the cable and run the antenna right up to the doorbell, but that is for another day. Hope this help someone before they plunk down big chunk of $ buying an extender or building a mesh network

Attachments

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I ordered this one from Amazon and will be picking it up at the Amazon drop location today. It was a bit more expensive but it’s basically the newer 5ghz 3mp version of the Hikvision doorbell camera with what looks like a better IR approach as well.

RCA Video Doorbell Security Camera - New and Improved! with Mobile Doorbell Ring, 3MP HD Video, Live Stream, Free Recording, Night Vision and Motion Detection

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GN355R6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_bh-MBbGGDH581

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I ordered this one from Amazon and will be picking it up at the Amazon drop location today. It was a bit more expensive but it’s basically the newer 5ghz 3mp version of the Hikvision doorbell camera with what looks like a better IR approach as well.

RCA Video Doorbell Security Camera - New and Improved! with Mobile Doorbell Ring, 3MP HD Video, Live Stream, Free Recording, Night Vision and Motion Detection

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GN355R6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_bh-MBbGGDH581
Wow, please let us know how this work out with pictures and all, looks like it maybe the Hikvision model #6013 or newer (vs the 6003 we have)

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Exactly. It’s the newer one for sure. It’s in the Amazon lock box waiting for me! Running out to get it in a bit.