Sweet! LTS is releasing an ONVIF compatible doorbell with SD card slot and 940nm IR

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Exactly. It’s the newer one for sure. It’s in the Amazon lock box waiting for me! Running out to get it in a bit.
let us know how your experience compare to this
New RCA HSDB2A 3MP Doorbell IP Camera

I'm especially concern about the no web management access (what.. did they took a step back?) and lack of ONVIF (RTSP stream, but ONVIF motion detection would be a bonus)

Ken Tsang

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 4 Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IS (URL)

i have them setup so i have a 64gb SD card that can record a day
and save also on my Synology NAS

I have attached how i have it setup up

I wonder if the Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP
have the same option to save to the Nas +plus saving on the SD card, because I perfer 24/7 recording

Attachments

Bitslizer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I have 4 Hikvision DS-2CD2142FWD-IS (URL)

i have them setup so i have a 64gb SD card that can record a day
and save also on my Synology NAS

I have attached how i have it setup up

I wonder if the Hikvision DS-KB6003-WIP
have the same option to save to the Nas +plus saving on the SD card, because I perfer 24/7 recording
No, I don't think so, but you can use a regular NVR or Blue Iris to achieve 24/7 recording

giomania

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I ordered this one from Amazon and will be picking it up at the Amazon drop location today. It was a bit more expensive but it’s basically the newer 5ghz 3mp version of the Hikvision doorbell camera with what looks like a better IR approach as well.

RCA Video Doorbell Security Camera - New and Improved! with Mobile Doorbell Ring, 3MP HD Video, Live Stream, Free Recording, Night Vision and Motion Detection

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GN355R6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_bh-MBbGGDH581
Please do us all a favor and give some serious thought to the thread name, with just make and model number of each clone version, if possible. It would be nice to have one thread with all the variants included.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I ordered this one from Amazon and will be picking it up at the Amazon drop location today. It was a bit more expensive but it’s basically the newer 5ghz 3mp version of the Hikvision doorbell camera with what looks like a better IR approach as well.

RCA Video Doorbell Security Camera - New and Improved! with Mobile Doorbell Ring, 3MP HD Video, Live Stream, Free Recording, Night Vision and Motion Detection

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07GN355R6/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_bh-MBbGGDH581
Wow, interesting! Honestly, my first thought its that I'm not a huge fan of the design, and I think it could be a bit confusing for guests during the day because the middle section looks a bit like a button too. I guess that's why they silkscreened the bell logo on the actual button. But IMHO, aesthetically this HSDB2 is a step down.

Course that's not a major consideration if it works a lot better.

Also interesting that the RCA logo is silkscreened on the faceplates for this one--so much for that advantage of buying the RCA version.

And, they've really beefed up their included accessories--to the point where they've basically copied Ring exactly with the double headed screwdriver and small bubble level. They're also including the resistor and a power booster now. I wonder if (hope) that they maintained the same screw pattern as the HSDB1 (which itself has basically the same screw pattern as the Ring Pro--a pleasant surprise for me as my doorbell is mounted on a brick wall).

Looking forward to your reports!

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reporting back on the RCA HSDB2A. To sum it up.. POS. Video is yellow and no where as clear as the Hik-Vision older version. I can't seem to get RTSP working with VLC at all and the video keeps flaking out in the app. I also pushed the button and it was almost 1 minute before I received the call on my phone. Another issue is very poor wifi. I have a Netgear Orbi about 10 ft from where this is located. So sad that this is such a let down. I wasnt thrilled with the look of it either but hoped it would work better than the older hik vision. BTW, the Audio is much better. That is the only positive thing I can say so far. Also the Memory card is now showing as missing. It was showing up as available before. I have posted pictures of the old doorbell and the new one here. It was overcast when I snapshot the old one. So it's not as brilliant. But you can see the difference. I will be sending this thing back for certain.

Attachments

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yeah I mean it was sunny for the pic from the HSDB2 so I'd expect the colors to be more saturated, but not that saturated. The yellow driveway is pretty odd. Are you going to leave it connected tonight to see how the IR performs?

I'm not sure the 5GHz is much of a help in these doorbells. Yes 5GHz can achieve faster transfer speeds and isn't as congested as 2.4GHz (so potentially it is useful in apartment/condo blocks or places where there is a ton of 2.4GHz interference). But 5GHz can't penetrate walls very well, and since most people have their doorbell outside, the signal is going to get attenuated by at least one exterior wall and probably a couple interior walls as well. I hope instead the manufacturers work on improving antenna design and incorporating more sensitive 2.4GHz radios to increase the 2.4GHz signal strength, since: 1. most everybody has a usable 2.4GHz signal, whereas I doubt 5GHz is present in even 50% of homes at this point, and 2. 2.4GHz is more likely to reach the doorbell location with a stable, usable signal.

No RTSP in the HSDB2 is an absolute deal-breaker though. Makes you wonder if that was an intentional choice (are they going to institute a paid subscription a la Ring?) or is it just a bug that will be addressed with a firmware update?

I've only had my HSDB1 installed at my door for a couple of days now, but so far it's been stable. I need to refine the motion zones as I'm getting 25 alerts a day for cars driving by. But my ring pro did that too. So far so good with the digital chime. Haven't seen the WiFi get flaky either. I've got a couple of Ubiquity access points in the house, which I think must be delivering a strong enough signal, even through a brick façade on my exterior wall. It's very cool seeing the cam in BlueIris too. Now if only I could find a similar solution for my driveway floodlight location. I keep hoping Hik is going to make one of those. I have one I bought at Costco 4 or 5 years ago called "Nightwatcher" that actually follows motion and it has a camera, but only records to microSD.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes, I am leaving it installed for about a week. I want to see if I can find a Hik Vision firmware for it since it technically is still a Hik Vision camera.

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Reporting back on the RCA HSDB2A. To sum it up.. POS. Video is yellow and no where as clear as the Hik-Vision older version. I can't seem to get RTSP working with VLC at all and the video keeps flaking out in the app. I also pushed the button and it was almost 1 minute before I received the call on my phone. Another issue is very poor wifi. I have a Netgear Orbi about 10 ft from where this is located. So sad that this is such a let down. I wasnt thrilled with the look of it either but hoped it would work better than the older hik vision. BTW, the Audio is much better. That is the only positive thing I can say so far. Also the Memory card is now showing as missing. It was showing up as available before. I have posted pictures of the old doorbell and the new one here. It was overcast when I snapshot the old one. So it's not as brilliant. But you can see the difference. I will be sending this thing back for certain.
Another Update. I was trying to connect to the wrong IP! It was a bear to find the right IP. Had to go to the DHCP logs in the firewall to find it. I have a lot of devices on my network. Good News! I was able to use iVMS-4200 to control the camera despite not having a webUI, so I was able to adjust the picture quality in this app. I am also running it on Blue Iris without issue now. There is only 1 stream as someone else also discovered. Another item to note that will make a lot of you very happy.... wait for it.... I was able to set it to 22 FPS!!! So I have downgraded my POS rating to a Good Rating. I still wouldn't call it great. However, I am working on it. If RTSP ends up being stable to BI and the ringing of my phone starts working better when I push the button, then I would give it a B+. Another thing I noticed is that the scheduling in the App is actually there and appears to be working for Alerting. I set mine to notify me only from 8:30pm till 7:30am. That way during the busiest hours I don't get alarmed to death. I have BI recording all the motion day and night and alerting me during the night as well. I have attached a new image after I adjusted the saturation. It has lots of controls for the CCD and the overall image. I was actually impressed how much I could control this with the iVMS-4200 application.

Attachments

sfnetwork

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Another Update. I was trying to connect to the wrong IP! It was a bear to find the right IP. Had to go to the DHCP logs in the firewall to find it. I have a lot of devices on my network. Good News! I was able to use iVMS-4200 to control the camera despite not having a webUI, so I was able to adjust the picture quality in this app. I am also running it on Blue Iris without issue now. There is only 1 stream as someone else also discovered. Another item to note that will make a lot of you very happy.... wait for it.... I was able to set it to 22 FPS!!! So I have downgraded my POS rating to a Good Rating. I still wouldn't call it great. However, I am working on it. If RTSP ends up being stable to BI and the ringing of my phone starts working better when I push the button, then I would give it a B+. Another thing I noticed is that the scheduling in the App is actually there and appears to be working for Alerting. I set mine to notify me only from 8:30pm till 7:30am. That way during the busiest hours I don't get alarmed to death. I have BI recording all the motion day and night and alerting me during the night as well. I have attached a new image after I adjusted the saturation. It has lots of controls for the CCD and the overall image. I was actually impressed how much I could control this with the iVMS-4200 application.
Oh... 22fps. That’s double compared to the original Hikvision one.
Is every in UI working fast enough? I remember hik lowered the FPS probably because it would handle it well enough.

tariktik

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi... first post here. I have a Uniden DB1 and can't seem to make motion detection to work. I have Enabled "Alarm Notication" and on that menu, I have also selected the Motion Detection Area by highlighting the blocks. Have set sensitivity to the Max and still nothing.

Any guidance on what else I could be missing?

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi... first post here. I have a Uniden DB1 and can't seem to make motion detection to work. I have Enabled "Alarm Notication" and on that menu, I have also selected the Motion Detection Area by highlighting the blocks. Have set sensitivity to the Max and still nothing.

Any guidance on what else I could be missing?
Are you getting notifications when you press the button on the doorbell?

tariktik

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @bookemdano, yes I do receive notification when the doorbell is pressed although it's rather delayed (probably more than 5 seconds after the doorbell rang) even when I'm home and on the same network.

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @bookemdano, yes I do receive notification when the doorbell is pressed although it's rather delayed (probably more than 5 seconds after the doorbell rang) even when I'm home and on the same network.
How are you testing the motion? Like are you expecting cars driving by to set it off or are you standing directly in front of it and waving your hands in front of the camera? If the latter then I'd say maybe do a complete reset of the doorbell and set it up again. Unless you're already running an 18xxxx level firmware then you should probably update the firmware (180726 was posted in this thread several pages back).

You could also try a different app. I set my RCA up with the Hikvision version of the app, but just recently downloaded the RCA Security app and it's a lot better. As someone said earlier, the motion detection "blocks" are much smaller, it has fingerprint login, and just a nicer-looking interface. All the apps use the same login information (they all run off of Hikvision's back-end servers) so you can use any of them. I was surprised to see how different they are.

I will say that by default, my cam was detecting motion without defining an area (so it was using the entire image to sense motion). This was resulting in 30-50 motion notifications a day, so I've just used the app to draw a more precise detection area. But my point is that you don't need to define an area to get motion notifications (unless that's something that's changed with different firmware revisions). Just setting up the basic settings of the doorbell started getting me motion detection notifications immediately.

tariktik

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks again @bookemdano! I have only upgraded to the most recent official firmware and haven't tried 180726. I am using Uniden's app and it's not giving me motion notifications.

Anyway, I am able to work around this by setting up motion detection via the Synology Surveillance Station. But, I am trying to figure how to get notification natively from the app. If all else fails, I might just need to do a reset.

Thanks again!

Chadsturgill

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow, interesting! Honestly, my first thought its that I'm not a huge fan of the design, and I think it could be a bit confusing for guests during the day because the middle section looks a bit like a button too. I guess that's why they silkscreened the bell logo on the actual button. But IMHO, aesthetically this HSDB2 is a step down.

Course that's not a major consideration if it works a lot better.

Also interesting that the RCA logo is silkscreened on the faceplates for this one--so much for that advantage of buying the RCA version.

And, they've really beefed up their included accessories--to the point where they've basically copied Ring exactly with the double headed screwdriver and small bubble level. They're also including the resistor and a power booster now. I wonder if (hope) that they maintained the same screw pattern as the HSDB1 (which itself has basically the same screw pattern as the Ring Pro--a pleasant surprise for me as my doorbell is mounted on a brick wall).

Looking forward to your reports!
Not the same screw pattern

bookemdano

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Not the same screw pattern
Thanks for reporting back. I'm going to stick with the HSDB1. I unplugged the IR on it and cleaned the dome and I'm pretty satisfied now. I have a porch light on all night so that's enough if someone/something ends up on my porch during those times. A side benefit of unplugging IR is that basically all my nighttime false motion events have stopped now. They had been caused by bugs flying in front of the doorbell and getting brightly illuminated by the IR. With a good powerful doorbell transformer and a strong wi-fi signal I'm getting really consistently decent pic quality from it and haven't seen it drop. Time will tell as I've only had it connected about five or six days now, but so far so good.

Reaction score
My doorbell has been working like a champ for months but just this week the Hik-Connect app keeps saying the "device is offline" when I try to access the live view. However it still sends motion alerts (though I can't play them, just see the thumbnail).

Should I just reset it?